London Underground

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chay, Jan 13, 2021.

1. chay

chay New Member

does any one know part from bakerloo line are they bring out other london underground routes ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

as of now no as nothing is on the roadmap

• Like Like x 1
  3. TNH

TNH Member

I don't think so. There was a video made with Geoff Marshall, where Matt explained why they chose the Bakerloo line, and he mentioned that the other option was the Piccadilly line, but it would have been too big (probably too much time to make it.)

4. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

They aren’t currently working on more Underground Routes, but it’d be a missed opportunity for them to not make another route. The Bakerloo Line had moderate to good reviews from people, and despite all of the issues on it, it’s still a solid recreation.

I think the next line will Either be the Piccadilly (Geoff Marshall did an interview with Senior Dev Matt, and Matt stated that they originally settled on the Piccadilly, but changed to the Bakerloo. Since the Bakerloo and Piccadilly are similar, I bet on that being the next route since it won’t be too much of a change.) or the Metropolitan (Originally made for Train Simulator as an Add-On from JustTrains, if they start working on TSW, they can create the Met for the game.)

• Like Like x 3
  5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Y'know, it's funny how one's own sensation of "rightness" or what is natural is colored by personal experience. I lived in England in the early 80s, so for me it's just weird to see 1972 Stock on the Bakerloo. Those, my memory keeps telling me, belong on the Jubilee; Bakerloo means old red 1938s.

Which, yes, means I would totally be down for a vintage Tube route. (Especially since Rivet have already modeled the rolling stock!)

6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

And if you get even older, the Jubilee northern section was part of the Bakerloo.

I have distant memories of standing on one of the Central London stations in the 70's or maybe late 60's waiting for a Bakerloo back to Paddington and the first two trains on the board were for Stanmore!

7. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I don’t think we‘ll see another tube line anytime soon. They’ve stated many times in live streams that they want to include as many different types of places/routes as possible so I’d be very surprised if they did another tube route. While they do do a lot of German routes they all have something different. To me another tube line is just another long tunnel. Appreciate others have a different view.

Who knows though, maybe a 3rd party will do one.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. JeffFromTheIRS

JeffFromTheIRS Member

I just want something like the 1995 or 2009 Tube stock :(

9. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I think the Circle Line would be my favourite route to be added. It would be nice to have some subsurface stock in the game (which could be used as Overground stock in the scenario planner).

• Like Like x 1
  10. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I think before they make another London Underground route, they need to learn from the mistakes they’ve made with the Bakerloo Line.

This includes:
    - Not simulating the signalling system and speed limits appropriate for LU operations.
    - Developing a route which has an intensive timetable, but the dispatcher (game) can’t support the intensity of it.
    - Nowhere near enough NPCs for the LU. Specifically at peak time periods.
    - Questionable sounds. Particularly the lack of ambient sounds at stations and above ground.

• Like Like x 6
  11. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Yeh they do need to work on those before releasing another underground route

• Like Like x 1
  12. ZeenozPlays

Same

• Like Like x 1
  13. ZeenozPlays

Yes. Those issues must be addressed with the current Bakerloo Line.

• Like Like x 1