Train Sim World 2 - Southeastern Sneak Peek

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jan 8, 2021.

1. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

They are though, Southern and Thameslink are just brands. The trains are operated by Govia Thameslink railway

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You've argued your own point. Who operates them is one thing, who owns the IP is another and the brands are separate, even though they're registered at the same address

Having IP rights to one brand does not give you automatic rights to every other brand held by that holder.

• Like Like x 4
  3. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I really hope this route lives up to expectations. Bakerloo line was a real letdown, for me at least, because service mode only included around 25% of the real life service pattern, the WCML wasn't useable, even in scenario planner, as well as incorrect signalling and platform clipping. The equivalent for SEHS is if they don't let us use the lower level platforms at Ebbsfleet by not including the high speed services from St Pancras that continue to Ashford or don't accurately model the power changeover at Ebbsfleet.

Other things I'm hopeful for in this release but will probably be let down with are:
    • Railtour layers
    • Improved dot matrix on the 375. The dot matrix on the 377 with East Coastway was too big and had no scrolling text on the displays on the side of the train. Having scrolling text inside and outside of the Javelin would be great too.
    • Another scenario or scenarios with dynamic weather like we saw in LGV.
    • Full timetable implementation with all real life high speed services, local services and depot runs (by my estimation there should be around 300+ if they are all in there).
    • Good functionality of the controls and mitrac screens in the cabs of the 395 and 375 and maybe even working GSMR.
    Also I hope they might surprise us with a new feature (like the PIS in Bakerloo, or dynamic weather in LGV).

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 12
  4. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

But the people who DTG will have to negotiate with are the same, so I don't understand why they wouldn't be able to use the Thameslink brand.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Yes, GTR covers Great Northern, Thameslink, Southern and Gatwick Express. And like you said, they are all still individual companies.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I don't think we'll get functional GSMR, but I hope at least we'll get textured displays, I also hope that the dot matrix displays are accurate too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

This needs "I believe that"
    I personally don't believe that but the only people who count are the IP holders for TL and SR

• Like Like x 2
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Nobody here knows who DTG are talking to about the licensing of brands within the Govia companies. Even if they are in discussion with the parent company, having a license for one brand, or indeed one route or train, does not guarantee getting a license for anything else. If they are talking to the individual companies then they may have different approaches to how they negotiate licenses, so you could easily end up with just some of the brands involved and not others.

• Like Like x 2
  9. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I’m expecting both to have been upgraded with added functionality. The dot matrix on the front of the 377 is ridiculously big and reminds me of something out of a kids game, such as ROBLOX, because of how cartoonish and out of place it looks.

Regarding the platform screens, DTG have shown they are actively working on them and are constantly upgrading the functionality of them in pretty much every DLC release. Therefore, I expect them to show all services and calling points simulated in the game. Including destinations and calling points off the map. I also expect it to be able to update in real time, so if you’re late, it’ll reflect that on the boards.

• Like Like x 4
  10. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

When we end a service at faversham at like 11 at night will it just go to the sidings at faversham and then back into service at 7 as there no maintenance depot for the 395s on this dlc

• Like Like x 1
  11. ARuscoe

I doubt it, most likely it will act as AI and sail off into a portal somewhere east of Faversham, same as the "loop" services

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

Looks incredible. Please put in some 'Railtour Scenarios' too for the older Class 47s etc etc

• Like Like x 2
  13. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

The fundamental point I'm trying to make is that Southern and Thameslink are the same company. Southern Railway as a company hasn't existed since 2015.
    Getting a license for Thameslink should be straightforward because the same company has already agreed to give DTG a license (they gave DTG a Gatwick Express license for the 442 as well)

It's the same with Southeastern, the high-speed brand probably requires a separate license.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. londonmidland

I hope the 375 includes upgraded functionality of the passenger information displays. This technology already exists, as seen with the ICE DLC.

It would be nice to see the calling points displayed both internally and externally, as displayed in the below pictures.

upload_2021-1-17_22-9-58.png
    377 ext.png

• Like Like x 4
  15. billyisitt

billyisitt Member

Yes that will be great if they add the passenger information boards to be working in both the 375 and also the 395 javelin

• Like Like x 2
  16. billyisitt

billyisitt Member

I hope this dlc comes out very soon I can’t wait! It’s gonna be my favourite route in the whole game and I hope they bring out more southeastern routes in the near future!

• Like Like x 5
  17. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I think the technology for the PIS is quite close to being complete. It uses the timetable for Service mode, but now we need it to work in scenarios (I'm assuming that it doesn't work in scenarios, I might be wrong though as I haven't played TSW2). Perhaps voice announcements will come later on - I wonder what Julie Berry is up to these days?

I expect there to be a working PIS/CIS system in TSW2, perhaps not in this route, but certainly in the future.

• Like Like x 3
  18. londonmidland

If you didn’t know already, the LGV route is able to show delays to services as well as show calling points off the map. So that technology is already there for TSW 2.

Therefore, I expect it to work just as well, if not better, in SEHS. It’ll be interesting to see stations listed which aren’t on the map, but still displayed on the train and platform screens.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Well each route release seems to have a new feature or an existing feature enhanced so hopefully we will see fully working PIS inside trains showing next stop and destination as well as on platforms

• Like Like x 3
  20. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Ah, that's nice to hear (I don't own the route or TSW2).

21. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Really interested to see what new thing(s) - if any, DTG has made for this route that can be adapted across future routes and some previous ones.

• Like Like x 2
  22. gfysps4gaming

gfysps4gaming Member

not on the road map and dont see it going to happen

23. ZeenozPlays

Um... Southeastern is on the Roadmap

• Like Like x 2
  24. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

SE High speed stream this week
    1900 UTC Friday only on Steam.

• Like Like x 7
  25. ZeenozPlays

Steam?

26. Mkdog45

D2F6C319-9744-4F96-8A8B-37541CD550CC.png

27. ZeenozPlays

You've gotta be kidding me. Well, there goes the ease of being able to open YT to watch it.

• Like Like x 4
  28. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I suspect a few people who only have consoles won't be able to watch the stream live if it is only on Steam? At the very least it will be a lot more awkward for them to watch it.

• Like Like x 3
  29. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Same here, not happy tbh. It's like giving to finger to the console player base, which as Sam has said is now two thirds of the player base. PC platform is now about 30 to 35%.

• Like Like x 3
  30. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Why in the world are dtg putting it on Steam of all places? PC players make up the minority of the playbase. It's like sticking the middle finger to the majority of the playerbase

• Like Like x 2
  31. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

What is the problem here exactly? Steam store can be accessed through your normal browser just like YT and Twitch and you DON'T need an account to watch these streams. It seems insane to me to be calling middle fingers when you only need to type a different address to your searchbar.

• Like Like x 12
  32. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

It makes no difference whether it's on steam or youtube, both are a site you can easily access without an account.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Mkdog45

Because it’s part of the rail festival

34. Brad_Jf

Brad_Jf Member

Um, let me think. Well they wont, they are only ten years old and plus dtg are not going to make route if they are then going to have to remove it because the 395 doesnt operate on it any more. Anyway, there will be a new entire different game when the javelins retire

35. ZeenozPlays

For real. That's how I felt, it's like they weren't thinking about us Console players. Using the App on my TV or PS4 was so simple to do and convenient. But to go to steam, I'd have to be on my small phone screen.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  36. tallboy7648

He means when the train is "not in service" meaning if you finish the entire service run from London To Faversham late at night, where would you take the 395s. I assume there is a depot they would go to. I hope there is a depot

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  37. mickelmickle

mickelmickle Member

There are some siding just south of Faversham Station, maybe they go there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  38. tallboy7648

Probably

• Like Like x 1
  39. johnmcglade17

johnmcglade17 Active Member

Why is this restrings been done on Steam where is a lot of people do not have steam like myself and I have heard Southeastern High Street first look of it is on Friday on Steam which that is not fair Shan shed last week Thursday he'll bring it live on YouTube and why is that not happening that is not fair

• Like Like x 3
  40. johnmcglade17

41. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

All i can say is wait 24 hrs before you buy this route so you don't find yourself burning up your keyboard in the technical problems forum for not waiting to see what unpleasant surprises this route came with.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Mkdog45

You don’t have to have a steam account you just click the link posted

• Like Like x 1
  43. johnmcglade17

Ok can you send link

44. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Um, console guys, your XBox or PS4 should have a web browser app on it. Open it, type in the addy above, and enjoy the show. No PC needed, and no little bitty phone screen.

• Like Like x 3
  45. Mkdog45

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  46. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

Blimey, a little bit of an overreaction over the streams not being on YouTube/Twitch...

• Like Like x 2
  47. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Do you expect anything less in these forums... I am sure all consoles have browsers and most can type in a URL.... always a tempest in a teapot it seems.

• Like Like x 7
  48. gfysps4gaming

gfysps4gaming Member

i was not talking about south eastern.

Edited by DTG Natster - talking to other members like that is not acceptable, don't do it again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2021
  49. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

There is absolutely no need to call someone names as that really won't get you anywhere. And it can result in a bit of a telling off by the mods.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  50. ZeenozPlays

Well, someone is acting very poorly here.

• Like Like x 3