Dash-8/3-bay Hopper Dlc Fixes?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Monder, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

As much as the C40-8W is a rather fine DLC, there any some issues (some smaller, some significant) with it mentioned throughout many threads here on forums, yet after nearly two months since release, these are not even on the roadmap. Could we get some information on whether they will be fixed or are they "working as designed"?
    Just a shortlist of those I myself have bumped into:
    Dash-8:
    • sound quality
    • banking COMM not working
    • horn literally detaching from the train and honking in place forever
    • EOTD being stuck underneath the loco
    • no EOTD functionalities (including distance measuring previously functional on AC4400)
    3-Bay Hopper:
    • wobbling wheel on the inner axle
    • random numbers not generating
    • EOTD being stuck underneath the car similarly to the loco
    [​IMG]
    upload_2021-1-17_21-29-29.png
    upload_2021-1-17_21-27-31.png
    (If you have any issues, I forgot, feel free to add them below as nothing regarding this DLC is on the roadmap)

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

These are the issues that bug me the most. I really hope we‘ll see some of them on the roadmap soon.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

These are my "favorites" . Why they haven't even been acknowledged let alone put on the roadmap is a complete mystery. Really like the loco but.....

• Like Like x 2
  4. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Funny you should mention this. I had the exact same experience with the AC4400CW. It appeared to happen when the AI train honked at me. I know that I am not the only one that has experienced the AI honking phenomena, despite not being officially confirmed as a feature. What a mystery.

Cheers

5. Crosstie

Now that's very interesting. To the best of my recollection I've never had an AI train blow its horn. That would be a real hoot.

6. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

I don't remember seeing this either. The horn detaching and getting stuck, I have had happen on the AC4400 too. Horn problems are frequent on SPG. Usually it just stops working, like many other things do too. Instrument lights, wipers and what have you.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The brake needles usually jump around when releasing the brakes too. Also, after using the dynamic brakes, the amps increase as if applying the throttle.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, the slight AMP jump to about 220 is weird. Regarding brakes, I think the airflow needle is a bit too sensitive. You can have brakes fully released, pressure back to normal and this needle stays in max flow for another couple of minutes.

9. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Not trying to start anything... but how in the heck did anyone notice the -

just curious.....

• Like Like x 2
  10. Crosstie

I was wondering about that too. There are about 50 hoppers, after all.

11. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

The truck at the back of the hopper has an axle that's out of alignment when moving (hence the wobbling). It's funny to look at but ruins the immersion with that kind of problem.

12. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I wasn't the first one to notice this. One wheel (and its bearing) on 2nd/3rd axle (depends which side of the car you're counting from) is not centred and when the wheel is moving, it wobbles weirdly. It is not a big issue, you have to know, where on the car it happens, but at the same time... it should be a pretty easy fix, just update the 3D model with a centred wheel.

13. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I purchased the C40-8W today and I enjoyed driving it. However, over the course of running 4 services, I experienced every one of these issues. I look forward to seeing a fix on the roadmap; a new horn would be nice as well.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Appreciate you taking the time to highlight these problems. Some of the listed issues are definitely not working as intended. The screenshots you have included highlight this in particular.
    I agree that a new horn is needed, I can only imagine how unpleasant it is when that doesn't stop honking.

This will be passed along but I'm unable to give you a timeframe for when this will be looked into.

• Like Like x 4
  15. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I also had all those issues. The horn detaching from locomotive is something generic and random. I had it with the 4400 and the UP GP38 as well. I couldn't find a pattern yet but it appears to happen when you are executting multiple actions at once in a short time, such as cut traction + apply brakes + use horn. I also had the sound detached from train once at Sand Patch but it was not the horn. In that case it was the brake release air sound.

After december updates I started to get also random headlights flashings. They happen to all trains using headlights (also german) and even to AI. You need to restart game to get rid of them. Before that flashings were only reproduced at the EoT console digits in the american locomotives but not on the headlights.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  16. topcat1077

topcat1077 New Member

The horn issue seems to be system wide on the SPG, and not locomotive discriminant, nor location discriminant either. I have had this happen on various locos, scenarios, and locations so it seems to not be pinpointable to any one location in any scenario. I love TS2 and the interactive realism that it affords, but issues like this really take everything good in the game away and just leave a sense of utter frustartion!! I really hope you guys bump this up to a must fix NOW status.

• Like Like x 2
  17. topcat1077

topcat1077 New Member

Still no fix for all the horn issues with the latest update. How Sad. Possibly the best railroad sim game for being interactive, and the most bugs as well. Bitterly disappointed I invested in this. Seems all I purchased was a load of bugs that make the game frustratingly unplayable. Back to TrainSim2021........not as fun, but at least it's relatively bug free...... : (

18. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

The static road numbers on the coal hoppers is the bug that gets me- it's like the bad old days of MSTS. It can't be a hard fix as it works correctly literally everywhere else in the game...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Crosstie

None of the issues raised here are anywhere on the current roadmap unfortunately, even though some, for example, the radio circuit and banking com issue, have been there since the loco was released. What can we assume will happen, if anything?

• Like Like x 2
  20. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I imagine it'll be the same as the M3, all bugs ignored from release. I'm definitely put off buying any American locos in the future, as the quality just isn't there.

21. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I don't expect the issues to just speed through the roadmap, but they definitely need to be put there. Now it just seems like "let's wait, they will forget"

• Like Like x 3
  22. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well the LIRR M3 has been out since May of 2020 and it still hasn't recieved any patches yet, they aren't even mentioned in the roadmap - even though they definitely know about them.

• Like Like x 2
  23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Loco DLC don’t sell as many units as routes and so with DTG having a policy of doing fixes for issues that affect the most people first, any fixes to loco DLC are going to be way down the list of priorities and will keep getting bumped down the list with every route release. It’s been the same with all loco DLC, fixes rarely seem to materialise. I’m not saying nothing ever gets fixed with them but there are always more pressing matters it seems.

24. topcat1077

topcat1077 New Member

YES! More PRESSING ISSUES...........mainly MONEY! Got a notification for early sign up to get the new high speed offering. DTG, if you're paying attention.....I love you train sim! It is probably the BEST interactive train sim offering available, BUT, if you aren't going to take time to fix the bugs in what you already offer how can you expect your buyer base to keep purchasing more bug infested garbage?! I say garbage ONLY because you have a GREAT product............. that is disgustingly FRUSTRATING TO PLAY! Does anyone at DTG proof play what you put out? You are only as good as the product you put out for public consumption! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE spend some time on fixes and show your customer base that you care. New lines,etc, are worthless if you can't play them. Sorry for the rant, but........

25. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Multiple times in this thread it has been mentioned the issues raised are often seen with the rest of SPG locos meaning it's not just about the loco DLC.

26. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The Banking Comm, EOTD and radio fuse are operational in the other locos in SPG and the wobbly wheel and repeating wagon numbers are exclusive to the wagons that came with the loco DLC. There are other cab controls that are hard to access in the C40 cab which isn’t mentioned here. All are exclusive issues to this loco DLC.

The only thing that was mentioned that happens with other locos in SPG is the detached horn sound. So only one issue raised was mentioned a couple of times as being duplicated in the other locos. Some posts previous to mine were also referring to another loco DLC that hadn’t received a patch to fix exclusive issues with it, and I’ve noticed over time that loco DLC don’t get issues fixed quickly, so that’s why I commented what I did.

27. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...yep, this is a rant- but I understand your frustration and think your post is totally valid. Until DTG starts making some *real* progress on catching many of the bugs that slip through their QC process, which then impact their paying customers, this whole mess will continue. I personally haven’t purchased TSW 2 or any of its add-ons because of this very problem. I already have enough problems as it is- that will never be resolved- with my TSW 2020 products... why should I give them more of my money for an entirely new set of problems?

For what it’s worth- and I hope DTG is listening: If TSW 2 and its add-ons didn’t have so many glaring issues in them (some of these issues have been around for months), I would’ve picked up the TSW 2 Digital Deluxe Edition as well as several other routes and locos by now. I would’ve gladly spent $100-150 for an entire suite of TSW 2 products, and felt good about that- as long as I felt those products were significantly cleaned up compared to where they are now.

• Like Like x 1