Scenario Planner Wishlist

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by DTG Protagonist, Aug 21, 2020.

1. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I echo at lot of what’s been said.

1. You need to be able to choose platforms and not just be limited to paths. Large stations only have 1 useable platform which looks silly. I don’t mind the paths but if all the paths go into the same platform then only one service can reach the end.

2. Creating a service is a horrendous chore, the stations are not in geographical order, the map is completely useless, the paths are very restrictive and you can’t see what paths go where until you click on them- if it’s the wrong path then you have to start all over again in the clunky menu.

3. Consist editor. Doesn't have to be anything spectacular but just to be able to choose from a selection of consists to go behind your locomotive would be fine.

4. Large yard and sidings are unusable with occasionally one siding useable In a large marshalling yard. So you have the pleasure of spawning in an empty yard.

It is the only reason I got TSW2 and it’s a great disappointment. A few simply changes and it can be the jewel in your crown.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Keeping things simple, I would like to be able to create shunting scenarios. At the moment this is completely impossible as you can't:

1. Place car only-consists at the start
    2. Instruct the user to pick up those cars and deliver and drop them to a particular siding

There are a heap of other things I would like that have already been mentioned but for me this is the priority

3. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Map.jpg Thanks for rising this discussion with us. A picture shows how it was in you Train Simulator 2017 game.

Just put a map where we can clearly see the consists, the tracks a the list of tasks. Also allow us to:

1) Freely edit any of the consists wagons and engines, and not being forced to used predefined sets only
    2) Edit any of the tasks (not being limited to stop orders only, but also coupling and decoupling)
    3) Place wagons at all of the available tracks, not only at a limited set of markers.
    4) Import route existing timetables and services to be able to select some AI trains, and not having to create each single traffic service
    5) Undo last modification
    6) Quick preview to see moving trains while in editor mode (very handy to detect errors)

It was a very simple but effective approach for editor. That´s all we need. If this is not suitable for consoles at least make that available for PC. The current menu based navigation is not so intuitive to use for more complex scenarios, even if being practical for a quick creation, as the end you don´t have the overall view the map view allows you to have.

Cheers

• Like Like x 13
  4. connor118

connor118 New Member

Being able to use the British loco’s such as 37, 45, 47, 66 etc as light engines (I know most allow this), to pull passenger services and also freight.

To make it easier to create scenarios, a few times all I get is red lights and they don’t change. It’s probably the lines I’m selecting to run services on as I may have selected the same one to run trains travelling in opposite directions but this isn’t made clear.

5. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

So interesting thing I found if anyone wants to repeat it in the Long Island DLC. I custom painted a GP38 into a NY&A unit which is what runs freight on that line and stated 2 engines at Long Island City. I also started at the same departure time the UP GP38 with 15 mixed freight cars at Hunterspoint going west towards Long Island City. What I was able to do was cut the lead NY&A unit stick it onto a siding (almost all switches are manual here and no signals) then get in the 2nd one and connect it to the UP. Then I pulled the UP train to the yard, disconnected the engines from the freight cars and put the UP unit in another siding. Then I connected my NY&A unit to the freight, pulled it back and disconnected from it thus allowing me to connect the 1st unit to the train and drive a freight along the line. It took about 30 minutes to switch everything but it was a neat work around to get custom painted freight to work on that line. I tried having an engine on both ends which is also prototypical but was struggling to push it up the ramp, I was good once I cut the rear unit off. 72c719d9-014a-4569-9ea0-0d8418b4270d.png ff97ddfd-8faf-400b-8704-3c01fff3e417.png

• Like Like x 4
  6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'll second -- well, actually. third the request for being able to set up switching/shunting scenarios. While I'm not very optimistic about this becoming available, it does strike me as plausible.

7. LastTrainToClarksville

Wow! Good for you! Is it still impossible to share such creations? If so, what a shame.

8. thechickencow1

thechickencow1 Active Member

Building a train car by car like you can in TS

9. thechickencow1

thechickencow1 Active Member

Using more than one livery for each type of car

10. rcdevisser

rcdevisser Active Member

Missing:
    All scenario features as in TS20XX must be also available within TSW2 except the developer/asset Fly-Out;. Especially;

Consist builder: Setting up Loose Consists at Yards. Depots Branch lines, workshops, stations, sidings, etc....
    Advanced Path Builder. Choosing all location by pointing the mouse at a desired track/location and not by choose from some list
    Setting up a player train in cold and dark start-up mode.
    Text messages with information:
    The ability to share with others.

11. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I would appreciate some element of randomness to the AI traffic. In other simulators, I have been able to achieve that by using portals and adding random wait times for trains to generate. This makes the scenario just a bit different every time it is played and also creates different traffic patterns for the player train to deal with.

12. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Share scenarios with players (steam workshop)

• Like Like x 1
  13. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

One or more destination at the Werdohl-Everlingsen power plant in Ruhr Sieg Nord.

14. blaze111csx

blaze111csx Well-Known Member

I fouth or fifth the shunting requests

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  15. Vectron383

Vectron383 Member

Consist length relative to platform length doesn't matter if the total is less than 200m

16. blaze111csx

automated A.I. Traffic (if you so choose) the ability to have trains coming in and out like the ones in timetable.

17. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You can. ToolkitForTSW offers an export function for scenarios. There is no workshop but you can use the community locations you also use for e.g. TS content you like to share.

You can download ToolkitofTSW here:

https://www.hollandhiking.nl/trainsimulator

Please note this is donationware.

18. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It would be awesome if the scenario planner could run as a separate layer on top of the timetable services. You can then just run the timetable add te background but add your own drive to the timetable.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Finlay

Finlay Member

No limit on train length on off the rails mode

• Like Like x 4
  20. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

This is unlikely as they have said that if they implement a sharing system it would be in game and cross platform

21. B3N

B3N Active Member

i would like you to be able to give us some trains to run in the background and we just need to set our own train

• Like Like x 2
  22. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Just want to second that.

• Like Like x 3
  23. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Agreed.

My envisaged use of the scenario planner was largely based on running a special service i.e. a Railtour on top of/overlaying the existing services that operate in the background (as in real life). I wasn't expecting that I'd have to create the whole thing myself:-|

24. james#6343

james#6343 Member

Couple suggestions I have

I know “random events” are something that DTG is thinking about. But I’d like to be able to have the option to have something go wrong on a specific timetable. For example, after you plan the route, have a list of programmed faults that the train will encounter. Things like a Stuck door, blown airline, random emergency brake application on passenger lines. (Anyone who rides a train on a regular basis knows just how often it actually happens) I wouldn’t think this would be too difficult to implement as there are already scenarios that have some of these.

I’d also like to see multi point routes. A-B-A. Or an A-C-B kinda thing.

25. damianchilds

damianchilds Member

Weather options and being able to terminate and set times

26. damianchilds

damianchilds Member

I have the same things as you want

27. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

ability to couple, for instance, take a 8 car 377 from brigron to lewes, split drive one end to eastborn, ai to seaford or vice versa, head back and recouple.

28. blaze111csx

so, you know how there are timetables?

what if you could make your own time tables?
    here's how I would envision it working:
    you make a service with a start and end point, select intermediate stops, and choose whether the service will be continuing on to areas not currently on the map. you can also choose if the service also comes from an area not on a map, kinda like the portals on TS20XX. if there is no train scheduled to be on the track at that time, you can schedule another one to start or end there. then, you add stopping points and for how long, maybe a train breaks down and has to leave service, maybe you need to wait at signals for other trains. giving directions to wait at signals or on sidings would be great for making timetables on Sand Patch. also instructions for loading/unloading would be interesting. of course, this only covers main-line operations. how about shunting? lets say you have a manifest train which stops at Cumberland yard. you can then select the cars on the manifest train and give instructions for them to be moved to different tracks to make up different trains. of course this is only a rough theory at the moment, I'm sure you guys at DTG can figure out how to do this FAR better than I can because I know literally nothing about programing.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Cd1990

Cd1990 Active Member

Not sure if it has already been mentioned on here (if so, apologies), but unit numbers on custom liveries? So far the only time I've seen this is on the 483, made an attempt at the old SE livery on the 375 and it just looks a bit bare without them. Cheers :)

30. Mctrain face

Mctrain face Active Member

When selecting your engines and AI trains. It would be good to get an image of the train your about to select. At the moment you have to have train spotter knowledge of all the class of trains. Especially if you have selected the "off the rails" option. As a beginner you have to guess and hope you have the selected the one you actually wanted. A preview image would be very helpful.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. DruidsNectar

DruidsNectar Guest

This is my wish list, some of the ideas may have been mentioned already:

(The order is not indicative of preference)

1. ability to change season and weather
    2. ability to add stationary locos, rolling stock, entire consists
    3. ability to add locos, rolling stock, entire consists to any point on the route, including sidings and those long branches that head to portals
    4. ability to pick and choose individual wagons to add to consist
    5. ability to drive towards last signal on a branch (headed towards portal) - the NPT route has a couple of triangles formed out of tracks heading to portals and they're completely wasted due to not being able to get to them
    6. ability to add complex instructions, i.e. go to siding x, couple x wagons, go to stop point, couple x more wagons, go to stop point uncouple wagons. Simply put the ability to create scenario like shunting operations.
    7. ability to mark services as failed, or to set a location or time a service will fail
    8. ability to recover failed services
    9. ability to mark a path or siding as blocked/out of use
    10. the AI signalling to recognise a failed service or blocked path and re-route to a viable path, say via slow/fast line, or to a different platform
    11. ability to set the state of the loco at the start, is it already running ready to drive or is it cold i.e. not running, engine off, lights off, amount of fuel on board (it would be nice to make use of those refuelling points that I can't actually get to in a user-scenario currently)
    12. ability to add time delays into schedule, such a start scenario at say 08:00, but not set off until 08:10 allowing time to start and prep loco, or ability to force waits/delays en-route
    13. ability to mark signals as red either indefinitely, or until a specified time - this would allow for creating scenarios simulating things like points failures or trespassers on the line (while not having to actually simulate those things being there).
    14. ability to start scenario on foot, so I can walk from the engine shed (or wherever) to the loco
    15. ability to copy existing pre-designed route scenarios, route timetables as well as my own created scenarios, and be able to edit them, that way using some of the above suggestions I could simulate failures, delays etc, without having to recreate an entire 24hr timetable of my own
    16. ability to remove locos/trains from scenario once its journey is complete
    17. ability to set multiple destinations for a service, or be able to tell it to run backwards and forwards between two destinations indefinitely or for a set number or times
    18. add free text box to describe scenario and/or give it a background story
    19. ability to share scenarios via Steam Workshop
    20. ability to "chain" scenarios together, so if I finish one scenario, I can walk to another loco, get in it, and a new scenario will start, if the time is right. These would essentially be two scenarios in the list and they could be played independently, but they could be played seamlessly from in the game world.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  32. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

If those things cannot be done in the scenario planner, then find ways for motivated people from the community to create scenarios with the full editor. I guess there is quite a number of people who don't want to create routes or locos but just fully fledged scenarios. Maybe, there is even a market for scenario packs only (which can then utilise a variety of existing locos, beyond what DTG is willing to do).

• Like Like x 1
  33. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I need a wagon assembly option. 1x DB DR 204.2x (dos to) without control car. 1x DB DR 204, 4x (dos to), with control car, 1x DB DR 143, or DB DR 146. I would like to create a scenario where the DB DR 204 will stretch passenger trains when the power supply of the overhead contact line is excluded.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  34. mayanzunga

mayanzunga Member

To add multiples trains in different time of a day in one station because on LGV Méditerranée you cannot create more than 5 services because of that.

Another proposition. Do services like couple 5 cars to your train and also do loop services.
    Decide what should i can do in my service with scenario planner.
    Example : 1. Go to this place, couple cars, go to this place, fill cars with coal, go to this place.
    Or just do loop like in scenarios.
    2. Load Passengers ( Jamaica ), Stop at Hicksville, Change cabin, Stop at Jamaica.

• Like Like x 1
  35. supersimfan#2303

supersimfan#2303 Well-Known Member

I would like two things
    1 i would like it if i could send and recive Ai trains from off the map
    2 i would also like it if i had control of signals

36. LastTrainToClarksville

37. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Really great suggestions on this thread!

38. james#6343

james#6343 Member

First off, Sorry if I repeat something from my previous post on this thread, but I've thought of some more ideas too.

1. Auto-fill timetable: This would be a good option for when people just want to drive a specific train on a specific line but also want to see other trains on the line. For example, if I wanna use the Baby Bullet in the CN Oakville Subdivision, I just want to be able to place my train, and create my time table, and then have the option for the game to auto fill in the blanks.

2. Better dispatcher: I want to be able to create a multi-hour time table, with multiple departures from the same station and platform. This ties in with my next idea

3. Custom Timetables: I want to be able to create my own time table, that I can then select in the menu, and choose any service on my time table.

4. Ability to place multiple trains and freight/passenger coaches on the line, then spawn in as a "free play" mode. Exactly like what SPG and CNOD have, except I want to be able to choose what trains are available. I.E. I wanna spawn a couple MP15DC switchers and a variety of both the F40 and MP36PH-3C and their respective coaches, and then use the switcher to make a frankentrain.

• Like Like x 2
  39. thatleedsguy#8590

thatleedsguy#8590 Active Member

I'll second (or 196th) everything above. All are very cool suggestions, even if I wouldn't use some of them!

My own main suggestions (even though they're likely to have been said before):
    - The ability to change the weather and season

- A test feature which runs the scenario beforehand at super high speed to see if it actually works. (this way, you can see if an AI train runs a signal at danger and fails the whole thing, had this happen a few times already about 40 minutes into some scenarios)

- Related, having new locos to use in this mode every so often (like a pacer you can buy as DLC)

- Including new liveries for pre-existing locos, such as the 43 HST and 47 (Intercity, BR, etc. probably bought as an add-on, but would be cool for recreating different time periods or making the loco look more appropriate for wherever it's being driven)

- A feature where the scenario is run incredibly fast and then it calculates how long it takes to complete. That way, beginners know roughly how long it'll take to run their scenario (e.g how long it would take the AI to run from Leeds to Manchester on NTP stopping at x number of stations with a certain loco).

- The ability to set the destination board on the train (if it has one) to the correct destination and put a number/letter on it

- Choose which specific unit out of the in-game 'fleet' you want to use (e.g. so I can choose to drive the trainbow 395 if I want to)

- Have the ability to raise the speed limit on the routes, themselves

- Have the ability to set a 'default time' for that specific scenario. At the moment, every time you make one, the clock starts at 12:00. If I had services to input around 10PM, it would be helpful to set 10PM as the default so there isn't too much scrolling to do

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

Add Go via instructions

41. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Being able to use a good number of platforms and routes around major stations.
    (Brighton, Eastbourne, Middlesbrough for example)

42. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Any news about when the scenario planner "V2" will came? Or if they just working on it?

43. vogelm10

We want yard tracks! Liberate the freight!

This is a friendly message from all the poor neglected freight cars waiting to be moved to their final destination.

Easy fix for them, like easiest fix ever would be allowing us to contact dispatch to go through a red at the end of a yard, or give us a shunting mode where signals will allow us to switch. I really want to do switching along the line. I know I say this a million times but each time we get a new line it just makes me so cheated feeling to see these awesome sidings and yards which I know I'll never be able to use.

• Like Like x 2
  44. damianchilds

damianchilds Member

Being able to terminate and have a almost timetable rather than a scenario.

45. damianchilds

damianchilds Member

Yes!!!

46. dedh98mosqueto

dedh98mosqueto Active Member

Making our own trains to allow an even more diverse range of service opportunities and have us choose which way we want an engine to face because I am tired of having all of the EMD F-7 As facing the front.

47. vogelm10

I think by now we all can agree that they will NEVER fix any of these issues. It's been years, we've been plenty vocal about it.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Im not sure we’ll get to a point where scenario planner has all the bells and whistles we want. Maybe DTG can keep the current planner, but work on a logic that allows us to swap trains in and out of service mode. Also free up loco dlcs so that they can be applied to a timetable of our choosing. Obv there are parameters such as push pull, loco hauled, speed etc.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  49. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

To actually be able to use my class 101 liveries on it

• Like Like x 1
  50. eire007

eire007 Active Member

Give an approx amount of time to get to the next station instead of having no challenge at all with unlimited amount of time.

• Like Like x 1