PlayStation Poll: Which Upcoming Dlc Routes & Locos Are You Looking Forward To?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Lunar_Twisted, Jan 20, 2021.

?
  1. DLC route: Southeastern High Speed: London St Pancras to Faversham

112 vote(s)
    65.5%
  2. DLC route: Cane Creek

28 vote(s)
    16.4%
  3. DLC route: Clinchfield Railroad: Elkhorn - Dante

35 vote(s)
    20.5%
  4. DLC route: Arosa Line

59 vote(s)
    34.5%
  5. DLC route: Hamburg – Lübeck

49 vote(s)
    28.7%
  6. DLC loco: Class 313 EMU (East Coastway)

73 vote(s)
    42.7%
  7. DLC loco: DB BR 187

31 vote(s)
    18.1%
  8. DLC loco: Class 465 EMU (Southeastern High Speed)

74 vote(s)
    43.3%
  9. DLC loco: DB BR 101 (Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr)

42 vote(s)
    24.6%
  10. DLC loco: Vossloh G6 (Rhein-Ruhr Osten)

28 vote(s)
    16.4%
  11. DLC loco: DB BR420 EMU (Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg)

46 vote(s)
    26.9%
  12. DLC loco: DB BR232 Diesel Locomotive (Ruhr-Sieg Nord)

43 vote(s)
    25.1%
  13. DLC loco: Great Western 1970's - BR Blue theme (Great Western Express)

72 vote(s)
    42.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

For me, I am looking forward to see the Southeastern High Speed and Hamburg – Lübeck routes. Moreover, I can’t wait to see the BR 420 EMU, BR 187, BR Class 313 EMU, Class 465 EMU, and probably the BR 101.

Edit: The upcoming DLC routes and locos were based on what was shown on the January 12 roadmap.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to everything except the 2 US routes and the BR Blue these, those are 'meh' for me

• Like Like x 2
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ve just realised after choosing the first four items on the list that I can’t afford them all at full price. I’ve also got HMA to get when they sort out layers on console (or there’s a big discount in a sale) and they are going to announce more routes and trains soon. Tough choices ahead. Why did I get hooked on this train lark?

• Like Like x 6
  4. stephen220378

stephen220378 Active Member

Everything except the American routes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Routes: Especially Hamburg-Lübeck and Arosa Line
    Add-ons: Mainly German content. For the 3 Maik Goltz locos I have already reserved the money because I have no doubt about their quality.

• Like Like x 1
  6. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Mostly the UK DLC apart from BR blue pack with I am intrigued about but I am not planning to purchase it at the moment as I don't think it will lead to a realistic experience, although I might be swayed, especially if I get a surprise on the DMU front!

I was very excited about Kent High Speed but that has waned a little as I think I will end up wanting more of the classic section. The class 465 will at least give us three modern EMU's to drive. The class 313 I am looking forward to, as it might make a nicely made but a rather stale route less monotonous!

The big German diesel for certain and the 420 EMU. None of the USA routes excite me at this time although I might look at Cane Creek when it gets released. The Arosa line should be lovely.

I am mostly excited about seeing what is to come.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

As I'm not a big freight fan, I'm looking forward to some of the passenger routes and locos, especially British ones.
    I'm getting into the German routes slowly and I did like LIRR from the American selection.
    It will be interesting to see what the plan is with the GWE 70's pack and what it comes with.

8. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Mainly the British dlc's plus the Arosa line.

9. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I'm most looking forward to Br 232 and Clinchfield. I'm also looking forward to Cane Creek, but not as much as to the F7s.

• Like Like x 1
  10. manticor225

manticor225 Well-Known Member

I'm definitely in the minority here... most looking forward to Cane Creek and Clinchfield. I tend to favor US freight so the European passenger routes and locos don't excite me much. I'm looking forward to Clinchfield solely for the F7, which is one of my personal favorites.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

The American routes of course, but I'll also take a look at the Great Western 70's pack. I have so much German stuff that I have hardly touched yet, I think I'll have to go on a low cal diet for awhile. Conversely I've been on starvation rations with NA content, so I'm ready to binge.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Crosstie

A sizable minority I think. And I agree with you about the F7, the jewel in the crown.

• Like Like x 2
  13. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

To be fair they’ll probably be a significant gap between them, the only things that usually release in quick succession is a Loco after a route.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Clinchfield and Cane Creek for sure, though still cautious on what Skyhook Games plans for Cane Creek.

The F7 in the livery editor alone is enough to get me to buy the Clinchfield route on release.

No interest in anything else.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

Yeah, same. The only DLC out of that entire lineup that I'll be getting is Cane Creek. European trains (with the exception of the ICE3) just aren't interesting to me. I haven't played the London Underground and I probably never will. I don't even like the LIRR. I guess I'm just partial to American freight. Oh well, there's something for everybody!

16. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

No surprise that the US Routes polling half as well as the other routes. They're all too similar to one another, and while the same argument can be made by US fans regarding German DLC, at least the latter offers a mix of freight and passenger.

These upcoming US routes are quite niche and very underwhelming in the broader context of Train Sim World.

• Like Like x 1
  17. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Also, as this poll is in the Playstation section of the forum, fewer US members may have seen it, as PS4 isn’t as popular in the US as in Europe and not everyone looks in each forum subsection.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I echo most people that I'm very interested in Southeastern High Speed, not a route I have in TS Classic, barring some major game breaking bugs will probably end up grabbing it. Also looking forward to the BR Blue pack, always like that era, and I'll happily spend twenty or so bucks for a pack with two or three engines and a new timetable, that's plenty of content to warrant the price for me, again barring some major issues. Finally still interested to see how Arosa turns out, despite the issues with the 204 & Isle of Wight I'm hopeful they can learn from it and make something spectacular this time around.

Also would like to give special mention to the locos being made by that German third party dev. Almost certainly not buying any of them seeing as I don't own any of the routes they're on, but I do really like the stock choices they've made, brings a nice bit of variety that's been kind of lacking, hope that they turn out well.

I don't care for either Cane Creek or Hamburg – Lübeck, the former doesn't seem like it will have much content, and the latter just doesn't sound like it will be particularly interesting area. Not overly interested in Clinchfield as I have the TS Classic version, but I think the route's a good choice.

19. Switches3

Switches3 Well-Known Member

Not interested in any American DLC unless it has passenger services included. Not trying to start anything either but I’m not interested in American locomotives in general, they look like big toys on wheels, European locomotives look more I guess “serious” imho.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

What toys have you been buying that look like bloody GEVO's? Bricks?

• Like Like x 1
  21. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

I was looking forward to south eastern high speed however after TGV I've changed my mind.

I brought TGV on a whim because I love high speed passenger trains and services, but after sampling what I paid for I got a little angry and decided its unlikely I'll buy future dlc.

Maybe if they add some decent modern British music I would buy but they never will, to focused on us freight, German high speed and ancient British stuff and now they also doing steam engines I'm out of luck.

Guess I'll try to emulate real life and drive 40million miles in the HST

22. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

i think thats not true....

23. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I think you might be confused about what SE High Speed is? Seems like it’s what you say you want...

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  24. manticor225

manticor225 Well-Known Member

I'm on the complete opposite side as I feel it's the European locos that look more like "big toys", though I personally wouldn't describe them that way myself.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

With the PS4 as a whole you're correct, in the context of TSW though I believe Sam said the PS4 version's favored in Europe, Xbox is favored in the US.

26. Switches3

Like I stated previously before I’m not trying to start a war over which countries locomotives look better, but American locomotives look too blocky and it doesn’t help that design wise they look a bit too oversized especially American steam engines, they just look too cartoonish.

27. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Microsoft has always been preferred in the US over Sony, this includes Xbox, so naturally any content will sell more on the Xbox in the US.

One third of sales go to the Xbox with TSW content as a whole, and if more Xbox’s are in the US it’s only natural that Americans prefer American content.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I don't care what you think looks better, my point is that your analogy's pretty bad. Something that's cartoonish and/or toy-like would typically be rather simple, and quite colorful. I fail to see how American locomotives look simpler than European counterparts, I would say the exact same thing in terms of colorfulness. If I were to describe US locos as anything utilitarian would come to mind well before cartoonish.

29. Switches3

I didn’t ask you a thing though, this is just how I look at American locos.

30. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I am very much looking forward to the Arosa Line, Hamburg Lübeck, and then the Class 232, Class 313, Class 420, G6, BR Blue pack, Class 465, Class 101 and the Class 187. Not fussed on the American routes.

31. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

I'm pretty sure I know what south eastern high speed is, I have watched some ptgrail videos on YouTube from train simulator.

The route is split into 2 sections, you have the high speed tunnel to st pancreas and the third rail part. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what my research has shown so far

EDIT: I realise that the route might be for me I'm just unsure because I could never get the TGV to move so the javelin with the same safety systems might be a problem and the there isn't any real difference between the 377 from east coastway and the 375 that's in the dlc.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  32. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Just the British stuff

33. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The Signalling system is the same along the HS1 section, but Vacma & KVB are not present, KVB is there but only for a few seconds coming out of St. Pancras, and you do not need to use it, the primary safety system's will be AWS & DSD just like the other British units, but again you do not need to use these.

The only technical part to the 395 will be the power switch at Ebbsfleet but it's much more simple than in the TGV, and you will not be doing the power changeover whilst moving.

• Like Like x 1
  34. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

SEHS is the only one I'll get until new content is announced

• Like Like x 1
  35. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Same. Well, sorta. I’m still gonna get the BR 420 (and 313/465, if they’re done well).

36. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Hahaha!

I don’t play with the American stuff but there is no denying they look awesome and built to work.

37. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

For those interested, SEHS is being shown off tonight on the Festival of Rail steam stream at 7pm.

38. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious since this is the PlayStation section of the board, but is all of that DLC confirmed to be coming for TSW2 PS4? I'm having trouble locating a list of upcoming DLC for consoles. Thanks!

39. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I am certain everything will be released on all platforms unless there is something I have missed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

As TSW2 is on all 3 platforms (PC, XB1 and PS4) and the routes and add-ons are the same across all 3, then I believe that unless otherwise stated, any upcoming DLCs will be available on all platforms.
    If they weren't coming to console, they'd have to specify PC only and have a separate post for consoles.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. Crosstie

No question. That is the oft stated policy for all releases.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I could see some third party dev doing PC only, but not Dovetail themselves.

43. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

DTG have already said that Third Parties are required to provide support for consoles, where the developer is not capable of a console port DTG supports them in porting and testing.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  44. imaginox9

imaginox9 Active Member

Personnally I look mostly forward to:
    - Southeastern High Speed, of course
    - Class 465, if it has the GEC-Alsthom sounds
    - Class 313, will add variety to one of my favourite routes
    - DB BR 420, plus looks like Maik Goltz did all the versions: both the original 1970's version and the current version, with both the pocket-sliding doors and the plug-out sliding doors, and both with and without door alarms.
    - The Arosa Line, it will certainely be a nice scenic route to drive on !
    - DB BR 101, will be nice if they have the UIC Eurofima InterCity coaches, which exist all around mainland Europe in a multitude of liveries.
    I'm not intereted in the 70's BR Blue pack for GWR, or any freight stuff. As for North American routes, I'm only interested if passenger service is involved. For example I quite like Peninsula Corridor (even if not my fav) and Long Island Railroad was the route I played the most on TSW 2020, just in front of GWR. (my most played route on TSW2 might be Munich Augsburg but I'm not sure). Also not sure for Hamburg <-> Lübeck, I'll wait till the route is eventually shown before deciding.

• Like Like x 1
  45. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Just so you know, the 465 has been listed in the Steam DB, and is listed as the 465/9, which have the Metro Cammell motors.

• Like Like x 1
  46. imaginox9

imaginox9 Active Member

Oh crap I'll drive non-stop with it ! But just a correction: Met-Cam did the bodywork, the engine is GEC-Alsthom (todays Alstom). On the BREL ones it was first a Brush motor then a Hitachi one. I feared they would go the lazy way and do the BREL Hitachi ones since it's basically a copy-paste of the 395 for the engine sound.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Interesting, I’d been under the impression that M-C built their own motors for the units they built, good to know.

Let’s hope they have some decent sounds in game.

• Like Like x 2
  48. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the 465's and 466's have recently all been off to the fitters for traction motor changes. I believe some had Bombardier ones (seen them at Ilford being refitted) fitted and others had Siemens motors fitted as I've seen a fair few being hauled about by my Peterborough colleagues, I could be wrong though.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. imaginox9

imaginox9 Active Member

I sincerely hope they will have their original Alstom sounds

50. nitraxfox#6791

nitraxfox#6791 New Member

Looking forward to the 313, 465 and BR Blue packs alongside eventually getting SEHS. Hope they put in the original Valenta sounds on the BR Blue HST (if it's in that pack) - it would just be wrong with the modern MTU sounds applied to it.

• Like Like x 3