Route- Bristol To Swansea

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by thatleedsguy#8590, Jan 20, 2021.

1. thatleedsguy#8590

thatleedsguy#8590 Active Member

My first proper suggestion: How about Bristol to Swansea for TSW 2?

Not sure what specific locos run on this line, so I'll enlist the help of other members to find that out. Any locos will do, new and old. Diesel, electric and even steam are welcome.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about this the other day. Bristol to Swansea is a lovely route.

• Like Like x 2
  3. thatleedsguy#8590

Ah, I probably should have done Bristol to Swansea instead...I'll change that. Thanks.

4. chris-penny

chris-penny Active Member

It would be nice to have another classic route maybe? Since TSW2 is bringing steam this may be a good route to start. I don't really no anything about this route either though.

5. thatleedsguy#8590

I do wonder if they could possibly use an existing route to bring steam locos onto. Would West Somerset be appropriate for that?

Referring to google, one of the locos that may go on this route would be the Class 43 HST, operated by First Great Western. Also a few other commuter trains (which I don't know the names of) operated by Arriva.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Class 175 may be a good choice.
    [​IMG]

6. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

I live on this route so of course I'd love to see it in TSW. As far as rolling stock is concerned Most commuter services on this route are operated by transport for wales which is due to pass to welsh government who will take over the running of the trains from the 1st of February this year, transport for wales uses a mix of class 142, 143, 150, 153, 158, 175 and occasionally class 170s on this route, by 2024 however transport for wales entire fleet is due to be replaced with new rolling stock along with the development of the south wales metro.

GWR also operates on this route with class 801 and 802 on the inter City services from Swansea to London Paddington also stopping at Cardiff Central and Bristol, GWR also operates stopping commuter services as far as Cardiff Central with class 150, 158, 166

• Like Like x 1
  7. thatleedsguy#8590

Thanks for all that info. I'll have to look up all of those locos.

It would definitely be nice to capture the rolling stock of today before it's all replaced. That would also mean we could update it ourselves later with additions of the new fleet via DLC. But I'm not sure if DTG would consider that, since (assuming it's created and released this year), it'd be a 3 year old DLC at that point. Still, nice to think about.