Ts21 - Merchant Navy Class 35028 ‘clan Line’ Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-ChrisTS, Sep 24, 2020.

1. TrainSim-ChrisTS

TrainSim-ChrisTS Staff Member

Capsule.jpg

Operate iconic Steam excursions across Britain with Bossman Games’ Merchant Navy Class 35028 ‘Clan Line’, as preserved today in the classic BR Green livery!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 4
  2. johnkarpenter

johnkarpenter New Member

[removed - JD - irrelevant to thread].

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2022
  3. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

this is train simulator not run8

4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

You will need to go to Run8's website for support here is the link http://www.run8studios.com/

5. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

Regarding the Merchant Navy it is brilliant. Very challenging to drive but worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I see Steam are selling this for £8.24 and in the Bossman Games sale, they are selling an SR and a BR rebuilt at £11.99 in their sale!!!

Can someone please explain the difference and which one I should buy? Thank you.

7. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

From what I can gather, the Steam version is just Clan Line in preservation condition with the support coach and some scenarios. The versions on the Bossman Games website gets you every Merchant Navy in either original Southern or rebuilt BR condition and a range of liveries and a clean or weathered version depending on which pack you get and several scenarios that have a longer list of requirements then the Steam version does. If you ask me, save your money and go for the versions on the BMG website. You get more content in them, though if you wanna play the included scenarios, you're gonna be looking at additional purchases to make sure they work.

8. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thank you Steam Master, I will take your advice and get the BMGs version. It has 40% discount in their latest sale.

9. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Which one do you recommend the Bossman’s SR or Bossman’s BR rebuilt. I am assuming the SR?

10. steammaster4449

Please, like my forum signature says, just call me steamer or Joe. As nice as the handle sounded when I first made it up, I'm no master of anything, much less a digital video game selling platform or the gaseous form of water.
    Personally I'm a sucker for both the original and rebuilt forms of Bulleid's Pacifics, so that'll be your decision.

11. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thank you Joe. I presume they are both the same then and it’s just a matter of choice?

12. steammaster4449

The pack that just says Merchant Navy is the pack that has all of the MN's in their original, as designed by Mr. Bulleid shape, with just about every variation in design up until BR rebuilt them. The only variation in design NOT in the pack are the first batch in the form where they didn't have any smoke deflectors. Obviously the Rebuilt Merchant Navy pack is the pack that has all of the MN's in their BR Standard-esque rebuilt form, as well as Clan Line in its preservation condition with support coach, and Canadian Pacific in its BR Blue livery.
    Screenshot 2021-12-28 6.09.08 PM.png