Train Sim World 2 - Southeastern Sneak Peek

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jan 8, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Agent Qracle RUS I have edited your comment above to remove inappropriate behavior, let's not see it again.

I have also edited some other hostile responses.

Please can we keep the rest of the replies to this thread on topic or it will be locked.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Not very often that we get two liveries on one loco in a single release. It's a nice bonus!

I've never been on the real line myself so I'm not going to notice any differences between the real world and the in game line like others have. Personally, I think what's been shown in the trailer looks absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to jump into the cab of the Javelin for the first time! Already thrown my money at the screen and preordered it.

Looking forward to watching Matt & Sam showcase the route tonight, will be tuning in live on Steam again! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

How do we even find the streams on steam?

4. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

On the TSW 2 page, they’ll come up automatically when they’re streaming.

• Like Like x 1
  6. johnmcglade17

johnmcglade17 Active Member

Will have the customer when the next train is on release like we have on the Bakerloo line

7. johnmcglade17

johnmcglade17 Active Member

How big steam work I'm on steam now but I cannot see Southeastern yet

8. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

9. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I love how they opened the stream by removing the face cams and just sitting in front of a crossing. The moment the crossing started blinking and moving in the down position I realized what they were doing! It looks great!

• Like Like x 6
  10. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Was there any other Javelin with it than 395012 I found? Could this then mean being able to stick specific liveries to specific road numbers? Could help in the future with railroads having more of a livery variety OR locos with ads on them.

11. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

The rainbow livery will only appear on that specific numbered train. You won't be able to choose it from the menu, you will have to see if you spawn into it or not.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  12. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

That is a neat feature I hope to see expanded upon in future releases. It is a small detail but it goes a long way.

Cheers

• Like Like x 4
  13. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

I missed the stream myself and I’m waiting to see the route, since they still haven’t uploaded it to YouTube yet, assuming they ever will. I really hope they never use the Steam streaming again. But yeah, to anyone at DTG, you have people waiting...

• Like Like x 6
  14. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Matt said he had recorded the preview stream when he did HMA with Jamie and would pass it onto the relevant team to upload to YouTube after last night's Festival showing. I would've expected it finished near to 1am so it definitely wouldn't have been uploaded right away. Hopefully, it'll pop up on YouTube sometime today :)

Waiting to see it myself, said I was going to watch live but I had to pop out to the shops and made it back just to see Matt & Sam say bye! Haha

• Like Like x 2
  15. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Can I just say the amount of madness over station destination signs is making me really smile!

16. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I missed the streams as well, is there any news when they are coming?

17. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I believe they stated during the stream it would be uploaded to YouTube over the weekend! I only got to watch the first ten minutes. The thing is I love and have enjoyed all of the routes that have been released and I know this will be a day one buy for me so I’m contemplating just waiting to experience it for myself! From TSW to now DTG have been doing a fantastic job with content!

• Like Like x 6
  18. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Completely agree with you. I managed to watch the full stream though. The stream itself was bad quality so will be watching on YouTube again. I really like the level crossings now working and the models of the trains are superb. Keep up the good work DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  19. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Mkdog45 In what way was it bad?

20. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

The stream itself isn’t bad but because I don’t have good WiFi it was slow and low frame rate and started and stopped.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. heardturkey

heardturkey Active Member

Last night, all was good, Tonight is a total waste of time.

Nat is doing the LUL challenge. Constant buffering and all of the text is un readable.

• Like Like x 1
  22. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

While not "trains," each of the SPG locos came out with both the all-blue Yn3b and older blue/grey Yn2 liveries.

• Like Like x 1
  23. SWR450

SWR450 Active Member

Wow looking lovely, now you've done a route heading out of the east of London and the underground heading north of London and you have GWE heading east, maybe its time to head south wouldn't you say? I'd say best bet would be either London Waterloo - Weymouth or London Victoria to brighton.

• Like Like x 4
  24. Mark newman

Mark newman Well-Known Member

The Southeastern High Speed Route preview is now on Youtube from the event DTG held on Steam.

• Like Like x 7
  25. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...as always an interesting stream with a lot of infos. A very long tunnel passage after London St Pancras station, but then it gets lighter again. Very interesting was the power changeover from contact wire to conductor rail at Ebbsfleet. By the way the Class 395 looks nicely. In summary the route consists of a high speed part and regional traffic. What I really found amazing was the submarine in the River Medway, usually not a normal landmark... ;)

Submarine.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  26. traingeek241

traingeek241 Member

It would be nice to finally see the Thameslink Class 700 on the Brighton Mainline.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Cd1990

Cd1990 Active Member

They did mention that they wanted to do a 700 in the stream but it's long term, would be a nice addition as it could go on the BML and then be an extra layer on SEHS.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

It’s on YouTube now if you’ve not seen it yet:)

29. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I think the pantograph modes on the 395 is still wrong. Is it supposed to be the rear pantograph up and not the leading one. I don't know if this is different for 12 car formations?

They got the TGV correct, so I'm surprised if the 395 is wrong.

30. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think you’re right in that the trailing pantograph is raised. This seems to be the case looking at videos on YouTube.

31. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

It doesn't actually matter which pantograph is used. However for ADD (pantograph safety system to stop OHLE damage) to work, it would need to be the pantograph hinge is in the direction of travel, otherwise you'll get a snapped pantograph.

Here's a image of the front one being used on HS1, the train is coming towards the camera.

[​IMG]

Just to clarify, here's a photo of a 390 travelling away from the camera, but the pantograph is raised to hit the OHLE in the correct direction of travel, to stop damage if something goes wrong.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  32. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Also, the 66 in GWE came with both DB Cargo and EWS paint jobs.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Something I noticed on the stream, all the AI trains 375s and 395s are running with the night light setting even during the day.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

actually its correct,
    in some cases yes they use the back ones but mostly it is the front ones that are used.
    I would like to see why you think that its wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  35. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It matters to some if they're taking screenshots and then posting them online where people will say things about the panto being at the wrong end (even if it's not)

36. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Well it’s a simulator so it matters m it’s like saying that the tail lights on the front are on but it doesn’t matter as you’re in the cab

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Adamgrant3

Adamgrant3 Active Member

I am looking forward to throwing a TGV Duplex on the line and giving it a good run

38. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

I would probably buy this if it wasn't for the 12 mile tunnel, think I'll wait for Cane Creek and take a crack at historic traffic

39. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'm very tempted to buy this route because of the new grade crossings, water textures and the great looking cab, but I too am somewhat turned off by the subterranean nature of the London portion and also the silence of the train in general, even after the recent audio tweaks. I've ridden on a bunch of subways in different parts of the world, and there's always quite a lot of noise in the tunnels.

• Like Like x 1
  40. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I don't hope so but it would be fantastic if one day they also release the high-speed line between Ebbsfleet International and Folkestone, connecting and merging it (it would be the first time) to the line that will be released tomorrow.
    Adding international services with Eurostar trains between St Pancras and Folkestone via Ashford International.
    This would be one of my dreams.