Frankfurt U-bahn Route Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by matthewbguilford, Jan 21, 2021.

1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    Since the release of TSW2 we have seen some really great content! I would like to make a route suggestion which will help grow the TSW2 catalog and add a new experience to TSW2. The route I am suggesting is a route that has been released for Train Simulator. The reason I am suggesting this route for TSW2 is we haven’t had a Tram like experience. I included a map of the Frankfurt U-Bahn for Train Simulator so you can see what makes this a unique route, it features U1-U6. To quote an article describing the U5 line. “The U5 Line is the second to serve Frankfurt Hbf, and in fact terminates there, then it follows the U4 under the city before diverging north and running through the eastern streets of the city. The street running of the U5 makes it the most tram-like line put of the entire light rail network, and offers a unique perspective on the city as it makes its way to Preungesheim.” Having a passenger route that is unique as this would surely be a great addition to the TSW2 lineup and the fact that it was created for Train Simulator means they already have experience with this route. I will include some pictures and if anyone would like to add any info please feel free! Thank you! A110D042-4ADB-4516-A04C-D9ED48828C42.png 80B0A8E1-5364-44A7-B1EB-4089A09A071F.jpeg B0ABEA2D-DA96-4EFB-BD3C-7E08CCBCF094.jpeg BB02F784-3B4E-4ED0-94D8-D48CC699B1B3.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  2. flol26

flol26 New Member

Well, we already have this on TS2021 so who Needs Both?

3. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Everyone who doesn’t have a PC and/or doesn’t have TS2021. So basically a lot of people.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I like this suggestion.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Whilst not wanting to limit routes "because they've been done before" there are loads of tram experiences available.
    Driving down Damrak into Amsterdam Centraal would be a good one too

• Like Like x 2
  6. matthewbguilford

I have noticed all of the routes they have been releasing for TSW2 are routes they have released on Train Simulator in the past, whether that has to do with the global pandemic or not I’m not sure. I myself don’t have a PC, along with many others who play TSW2 on console don’t have that option to play this route on Train Simulator, but I would also argue that they are two separate experiences.

• Like Like x 2
  7. flol26

flol26 New Member

Sure you are Right, but in my opinion its more more important To give users a wide Variety of Content and not to provide every user every experience on every Platform. I can‘t expect to bring content from a different Game to my Version (in this case from TS2021 to TSW2) . If you like the content of TS2021 then don‘t wait to Buy it. but don‘t Expect developers to bring the content to your very Own decision of platform you use, just because you use it and Don‘t want to Pay for the experience That already exists.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARuscoe

I don't think anyone's expecting DTG to produce every route from TSx into TSW2, but as I said I wouldn't want to limit them either as there are some good experiences in there, but there is also a whole world to explore so yep, more experiences too

9. flol26

flol26 New Member

Please don’t get me wrong. Of course nobody expects and yes there are so many great routes on TS2021 but I think development brings progress. And as we stay at routes we already have how do we see the potential of the new?

10. ARuscoe

Yep, of course it would actually limit TSW for some. Personally I won't buy anything outside of the UK that's not in a bundle because it holds little interest, same for steam... completely not my thing, but there are more routes out there that have yet to be done than there are that have

11. court692

court692 Member

I like this idea, or they could do a Berlin U-Bahn or S-Bahn add on. With the amount of different rolling stock it would be very interesting.

12. matthewbguilford

I agree! It looks like the upcoming Arosa line from Rivet Games for TSW2 will feature parts similar to a tram as you are traveling through the city making stops from what I have seen from Train Simulator gameplay of the route. I would love to eventually have a tram like route that enables us to interact with traffic as it’s stops and goes which would make for a new and fun experience each service you run!