Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by OMW1993, Jan 24, 2021.

1. OMW1993

OMW1993 New Member

Hi all,

made use of the festival of steam to pick up a copy of ts2021 just to give it a run on my normal (Bog standard) laptop.

If I was to invest in a more powerful laptop to run the game, would this work well?
    • Intel® Core™ i5-10300H Processor
    • RAM: 16 GB / Storage: 512 GB SSD
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB

2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Sorry if you feel you are being ignored but a belated welcome to the forum.
    Can't help you with your specs, I'm sure someone with more computing hardware knowledge than me will help you soon.

3. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

You might not be able to maximise all the graphics settings (mobile GPUs are not the equals of their desktop counterparts) but this spec' should run TS very satisfactorily.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Hi ONW1993, welcome to the forums. Yes the PC should work well for Train Simulator.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

It might be worth noting that Dovetail offers no guarantees for TS running on laptops- it's in the spec's if you read them thoroughly. There's less standardisation in notebooks including, as remarked above, mobile GPUs which may have the same names as their desktop stablemates but are substantially different. In practice Dovetail, not without some justification to be fair, is being cautious here- you would be very unfortunate to find a notebook that had compatibility problems.

FWIW I have had TS running on three laptops of varying vintage and helped someone else get set up on a fourth. The only problems I encountered were to do with the spec's of a couple of them which, strictly speaking, had no business running TS at all.

You should also know, if you don't already, that a desktop machine will be better in terms of performance:price, future upgradeability and ease of service should any problems arise.

• Like Like x 1