Train Sim World®: Founders Edition Faq

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Jay, Mar 8, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

What is Train Sim World®: Founders Edition?
    Train Sim World®: Founders Edition is our first train simulation experience for console, launching exclusively on Xbox One! As a Driver on the Great Western Railway you take control of powerful High-Speed Trains and essential Freight services with fully recreated cabs, controls, challenges and environments. Working off the immensely popular ‘Great Western Express’ pack, Founders Edition brings a host of optimisations and adjustments that make the game run smoothly and effortlessly on Xbox One.

When is Train Sim World®: Founders Edition coming out?
    Train Sim World®: Founders Edition is scheduled to release on the 9th of March 2018 on the Xbox Store, you can pre-order it now here

Will I need prior train knowledge to enjoy Train Sim World®: Founders Edition?
    Train Sim World is a highly authentic simulation however, we also aim to make this an easily accessible and rewarding experience for people who nothing about trains or train simulation! From the outset, players will be able to use tutorials and guides to master the mighty machines, all while being immersed into a world that provides rich detail and entertainment.

Will there be multiplayer in Train Sim World®: Founders Edition?
    Multiplayer will not feature in Train Sim World®: Founders Edition at launch. However, we are planning for multiplayer to become a key feature of the Train Sim World experience and we’ll bring you all the news when we have more to talk about.

When will the next Train Sim World route release?
    The Founders Edition is only the first step onto Xbox One. An extended edition will be coming later in the year with even more things to do, places to see and hours of gameplay for Xbox One owners!

Will there be a yearly free technology upgrade like Train Simulator?
    This is currently under discussion, we’ll provide more details as soon as they are confirmed.

What rating will Train Sim World®: Founders Edition be?

UK: Pegi 3

DE: USK 0

US: ESRB Everyone

AU: Australia MZ

Will/when will Train Sim World®: Founders Edition be released on the PS4?
    We've got nothing for you on that at the moment - but we hear you want it!

What will be the differences between the XB1 and Windows PC versions.
    We have worked hard to optimize TSW for a console experience, meaning we’ve had to rework a few things under the hood and some content will have to be system-locked to PC. That being said, our plan is to keep parity between Xbox One and PC releases - so for example the Founders Edition has the same content (same length of track, same locos, same scenarios etc.) as the Great Western Express PC DLC.

Where do I post my feedback on Train Sim World?
    There are a few places you can go!

Social Media - Live discussion with out community team and the latest news.

Forums - General discussions, content suggestions and feedback threads.

Kayako - For any other support issue.

What languages will be supported?
    English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish and Russian initially.

Where can I buy Train Sim World?
    On the Xbox Store here!

What’s Dovetail Live and why should I sign up?
    Dovetail Live will be your entry into our community of like-minded rail fans - a great place for discussions about trains, sharing screenshots or helping new players find their feet. We’ve also got daily articles about the products in our wider train franchises so it’s a great place to take your hoby to the next level. Finally, it’s an excellent way to make sure you get all the latest news straight into your email inbox via our newsletters! More exclusive content is planned for members in the future.

Do I need to sign up for Dovetail Live in order to play Train Sim World?
    Signing up for Dovetail Live is completely voluntary and you can sign up whenever you like. If you prefer not to sign up, you will still be able to access and play Train Sim World.

Why only one Route? When Train Sim World: Northeast Corridor New York is released the PC version will have 4 routes.
    We’ve been dying to release TSW on Xbox One for a long time and wanted to bring it to you as soon as possible. Because of this, for our first step we’ve picked a single great piece of content and optimized it for Xbox as a first step (which takes a lot less time than doing 4!), however loads of content is planned for the near future!

Will CSX Heavy Haul come to Xbox One?
    CSX: HH will not be coming to the Xbox One. Unfortunately the console simply will not support the resource-intensive elements of the game. This is the only piece of content that is likely to be limited in this way, and subsequent content has and will be designed with both systems in mind

• Like Like x 2
  2. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

You've peaked my curiosity with this one. Any further technical information about this that the team might be willing to share with you?

3. jursly

jursly Member

Nice, so later in this year we can see the Rapid Transit & Nec New York add-ons releasing on the Xbox one ?

4. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Anything in particular you'd like elaboration on?

- Jay

5. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Well; is it the Heavy Haul route itself that is too resource intensive or the core game? If it's the core game, then what was removed to make it work on console?

I assume GWE on the console comes with scenarios and service mode?

• Like Like x 1
  6. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

It was Heavy Haul that was too intensive, nothing will be removed from the core game to accommodate the XB1, don't worry :)

And it certainly does!

- Jay

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. AnthonyMacNZ

AnthonyMacNZ Member

Bugger was looking forward for that one.
    And what time today dose the game goes live here in new Zealand?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  8. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

Saturday for you cause only Thursday over in the UK not Friday yet

9. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Well I think he was asking for a localised time of release.... The UK version states its coming out at 2pm on Friday, which is a really odd time for a game to release digitally.

10. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

So what you are putting lightly is that American heavy haul freight isn’t going to be made for TSW anymore? CSX Heavy Haul isn’t even as heavy haul as real life, the longest train in TSW is only 50 cars, nothing like the 100-150 cars of the usual train...and XBONE can’t even handle trains half as long as real life?
    So much for PC not being limited by console, and so much for any remote prospect of actual challenging freight operations...
    Congratulations, you’ve just ostracized a big part of the community.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

You clearly didn't read what was said properly. Jay stated that they won't compromise the PC version for the Xbox version, but routes are being optimised for both moving forward, so your PC version is safe and secure don't panic!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

So is that the reason why we are getting less and less amounts of Content in each Dlc? Can we not expect any huge Maps anylonger with more then one or two Trains like we have in Train Simulator? Just because the Console cant comprehend those "resource-intensive elements"?

• Like Like x 1
  13. pschlik

I’m talking about more than just CSX Heavy Haul. I’m not worried about losing CSX Heavy Haul, I’m worried about having something more than just CSX Heavy Haul for big mainline trains-and XBONE may very well mean that's not happening. If CSX Heavy Haul can’t be handled by XBONE and Jay makes it sound like it never will be, the statement that future releases will have both in mind is basically saying there won’t be long trains any more. And don’t go off and say ‘future DLC will have long trains, it’ll be better optimized then!’ because if that were the case, why couldn’t they just work the same magic optimization on CSX?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Why assume it's the length of train that is the problem?

Heavy Haul was the first route built and the entire route; the buldings, the landscapes and the trees may have been designed in a very unoptimised way that they've refined going forward. Perhaps they consider rebuilding Heavy Haul entirely for the console, in order to make it optimised, isn't viable considering the time it would take.

• Like Like x 2
  15. pschlik

Hummmm....might have a point there. CSX is pretty different, but I don't see anything profoundly worse about CSX performance wise, other than making stupidly long trains, when compared to the other routes. I still think TSW needs some help with using more of anythings CPU...my CPU load is never going to reach 100%, probably not even over 80%, even when TSW is lagging, but it is great at using all the GPU, even on Sand Patch. Longer trains need plenty of CPU and TSW is no good at using plenty of CPU.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  16. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

but he said today and it's Friday in New Zealand so it is Saturday for them

17. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

It could be that CSX uses assets that struggle to be compressed for optimisation. If you are playing on PC, you will still get all the features, and will as most games, get more options than consoles.

The more a team develops a game and works with the engine, the better they get at optimising performance for said engine.

Jay stated that content would be on parity between the two platforms, NOT FEATURES!!! Which to me indicates that for the full feature rich experience, you'll need a PC.

• Like Like x 1
  18. pschlik

I would hope that this is only a situation as of now, and future things can get better, but regardless of what happens, sounds like Heavy Haul is basically dead now. [Why waste time devloping something that is only on one platform, right?] And you gotta remember that just a few days ago with everyone asking “Will CSX Heavy Haul be on XBox?” and DTG responding “Our goal is to have XBox and PC both have the same content.” Then a few days later saying that they won’t have the same content it’s a bit concerning as to what’s going on in DTG. The conflicting messages will anger a lot of people. Hopefully enough for DTG to stop having only a hammer of graphical programmers and seeing everything as a nail of a graphics optimization problem.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  19. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

I was going to say though I dont think there was any difference between Euro Fishing on PC and Xbox One because they got the same DLC's so this probably will be the same again for Train Sim World

20. mosko war

mosko war Member

:mad:
    you are right I think I read read the same as you that the console game will not have anything that does not have the PC version that explains that or rather indicates that we would have the same content as in pc in a different way but the same, now jey says that it will not be possible csx because the truth this worries me, I worry that it is only in a version as proof if you want more buy a pc or I'm wrong is not in doubt now buy me something that will be very limited at least in the game of farming simulator because I try to give the same content minus the mods that are brands without licenses but I wonder can give me something better than only European trains I also hope American trains I am not in doubt and just a day of the launch fearing if I throw my money for a limited limited game:(:mad:

21. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

I like the fact you mentioned the question about the PS4.......could you eleberate? As in.....I know you wouldnt have even spoken with sony but is it something the team will be looking to do in the future? Or is it a case of dont ask us again we know you want it lol

22. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Once the Microsoft Xbox One exclusivity runs out!

23. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

True.....ok ill change my question.....how long is the exclusivity deal with microsoft?

• Like Like x 1
  24. pschlik

Keep in mind that Founders Edition is being advertised as exclusive to XBONE. I think that’s why they didn’t call it Great Western Express even though it is GWE-because GWE is on PC, therefore it wouldn’t be exclusive to XBONE.

Lesson is that as long as it is called founders edition, it will be on XBONE only (exception being PC). So PS4 may come after the full version is out or later.

• Like Like x 2
  25. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

I do share some worry with this news that it is impossible to run HH on the Xbox. It raises the question for me, how will this affect the development of the PC version? They say they will develop with both systems in mind for future expansions. Does that mean the console gets a version that is potentially fairly cut back relative to the PC or will subsequent PC releases see adjustments and cut backs to keep this parity between the titles they are hard pressed on selling? Either way you cut it, compromises will have to be made that ultimately will disappoint one or both markets.

• Like Like x 3
  26. DeBrief

DeBrief New Member

I'm happy it's being brought to the Xbox - and for what I feel is a reasonable price. I would love to see Rapid Transit ported over, also, but for now I'm sure I'll have plenty to do with the Founder's Edition.

• Like Like x 2
  27. mosko war

mosko war Member

in that if you're right let's see what gives us the beginning of the founder, I'll keep calm and wait a few hours more to try it and base myself in reality not just words

28. Jet Army

Jet Army New Member

Been super fun for the xbox one and one x version and looks great on them. it is what i expected having used the pc version. I had it up and running since 9:00am east coast time.
    Yes i hope for content for it down the line, nice work from the persons responsible.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Dawidowmaker999

Dawidowmaker999 Member

I take it the full version of train sim world will be released on the normal Xbox one as well?

30. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

I'd like to see nyc on Xbox one

• Like Like x 1
  31. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Yes its on Xbox One meaning all of the Xbox One Systems

32. Dark_Centurion

Dark_Centurion New Member

Consoles ruin games yet again, short routes and basically no stock here we come! ffs

33. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

We'll see what we can do ;)

- Jay

34. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

TSW being on console will have no bearing on length of routes or included content whatsoever.

- Jay

• Like Like x 1
  35. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

But why are you guys releasing less and less Content in each Dlc then? We got 36 miles and 3 Trains in Gwe while were getting 30 miles, one Train and one reskin in the next Dlc for the same price...

• Like Like x 1
  36. HopesAnchor131

HopesAnchor131 Active Member

What is with people like you and your PC superiority complex? Why do you have to come in here and belittle all the people who prefer to play their games on a console over a PC? Why must you act like a selfish brat whose all butthurt because a dev team has brought their game to a wider audience and expanded their fanbase?

Well, you people can not like it as much as you want but guess what? It's on the Xbox and it's staying here so get over it and yourself already!

Sorry, rant over! This attitude just annoys the hell out of me.

• Like Like x 5
  37. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Train Sim World is not a game. It's a simulator and simulators should not run on consoles because it limits what can be done. I'm not against bringing the game to consoles, but the Xbox limits the full potential of the game on PC.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

It will not make any difference....

Nice to see the toxic attitude of the PC Master Race is still around...

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  39. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

I'm not against console. However anyone who has TSXX knows that many things can be done in the game itself. For example Armstrong powerhouse create extremly immersive and realistic trains with advanced scripting and full simulation of all the safety systems within the train. Also in TSXX the route lengths that could be achieved are better than on TSW now. Us PC gamers thought TSW would finally offer thos advanced simulation aspect of the game and combine it with TSW's amazing UE4 graphics, 64 bit architecture, and ability to walk freely around the world. But now DTG are saying they are developing the DLC with Xbox in mind, which means the advanced simulation aspects likely cannot be done and even the route length cannot be as long. I'm glad the game came to Xbox and I hope they can find a way to implement these features on both platforms.

• Like Like x 4
  40. Dawidowmaker999

Dawidowmaker999 Member

Sweet. Thanks mate.

• Like Like x 1
  41. R4G3 x TR0LL3R

R4G3 x TR0LL3R New Member

Is the new content in the future going to be free or paid?

42. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Paid, just like on PC.

• Like Like x 1
  43. mosko war

mosko war Member

thank you I hope so, but I doubt it, in farming simulator can not and can not be equal to the pc console pc will always be richer in everything

44. underdogdjr

underdogdjr New Member

Does the Xbox One X allow you to port some content you originally didn’t think you’d be able to do? If so are there any plans for that or is Microsoft not allowing XBoneX “only” content at this point (or is market size insufficient yet) to make this possible? I can’t wait for DLC so we can add some stuff. NE us corridor Boston/NYC/DC would be a dream for those of us who like longer routes.

45. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

What do you mean in Farming simulator?

46. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Not sure about TSW, but I've heard on several occasions that MS does not allow any functional or content changes between XBones. You can provide HDR on S, higher FPS and/or resolution on X (perhaps higher-res textures too, but not sure), and that's it. I'd guess even changing number of active services or cars in consists will be considered as too much of an experience difference to be allowed.

47. mosko war

mosko war Member

What I want to say is that in PC the game is more fluid and has more things and better than in the PC and for more than they want to look more like they have not been able to so it will be the same with this game do not wait for something better nor sercas to the pc display

48. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

This may sound early to say. But, what will happen to the GP40-2 Add-on if the Heavy Haul route is not gonna be on Xbox?

49. naturalhighNZ

naturalhighNZ Member

You definitely didn't sound glad.

50. mosko war

mosko war Member

will die along with everything, I do not know maybe never just forget the game is not known with certainty just that they are already collecting information for a patch

• Like Like x 1