Train Set Proposal: Amtrak Cascades

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by forlorn, Feb 23, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    88.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. forlorn

forlorn New Member

The Amtrak Cascades is a passenger train route in the Pacific Northwest, operated by Amtrak in partnership with the U.S. states of Washington and Oregon and the Canadian province of British Columbia. It is named after the Cascade mountain range that the route parallels.

The corridor runs 157 miles (253 km) from Vancouver, British Columbia, south to Seattle, Washington, continuing 310 miles (500 km) south via Portland, Oregon, to Eugene, Oregon. No train travels the entire length of the 467-mile (752 km) corridor from Vancouver to Eugene.

In the fiscal year 2016, Cascades was Amtrak's eighth-busiest route with a total annual ridership of 792,481.[1][2] In fiscal year 2015, farebox recovery ratio for the train was 59%.[3]

As of December 2017, two daily trains operate between Vancouver, BC, and Seattle or Portland; six daily trains operate between Seattle and Portland; and two trains operate between Eugene and Seattle or Portland.[4] For trains that do not travel directly to Vancouver or Eugene, connections are available on Amtrak Thruway Motorcoach services.[4] Additionally, Amtrak Thruway Motorcoach services offer connections to other destinations in British Columbia, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington not on the rail corridor.

Talgo Series VI trainset
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Talgo Series 8 trainset
    [​IMG]

Disclaimer: I did not own any of these images
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

Would like to see it, but no route for it. However, it would be cool to see Seattle-Portland in game, maybe with an extension to Vancouver, especially with the new higher speed lines!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Luc Rail America has one available.

• Like Like x 2
  4. forlorn

forlorn New Member

yes there is already one available from Luc Rail America, the issue that it is hard to get ahold of since the original website no longer exists and you cannot get it on the new website yet, I was also unable to get it working even with the patch that was available on the original website

5. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm the co-developer of the Cascades equipment. I was in the process of working on the Cascades stock a few years ago but lost access to the hard drive everything was stored on. I've just since got it back a few days ago, but unfortunately I no longer have a PC strong enough to continue development.

I have a working copy of the Vancouver BC route as well. I've just put it up for download, and I'll see what I can do about the Cascades stock. I first need to verify that the files I have actually work in-game.

Vancouver route: http://www.mediafire.com/file/c87uomfdf2y6545/Train_Simulator.rar/file

• Like Like x 2