Roadmap Update - 26th January 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jan 26, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Roadmap sehs1920x1080 (1).jpg
    Read the article HERE.

This Roadmap thread lists all individual tasks currently scheduled for the development and QA teams. Historically these are items that would have been on the main Roadmap but were felt to go into a distracting level of information.

This is primarily a list of fixes that are in development and, much like the main Roadmap, are split into different stages.

Key: ▲ Moved up ▼ Moved down ★ New listing

Next Release
    ▲[Fix] Red signals encountered in Scenario Planner for Northern Trans-Pennine
    ▲[Fix] Red signals encountered in Scenario Planner for Great Western Express
    ▲[Fix] Great Western Express High Speed Train accelerating incorrectly
    ▲[Fix] Cannot achieve a goal medal in Driving Rain scenario on Northern Trans-Pennine
    ▲[Fix] East Coastway Class 66 is appearing in place of the Great Western Express Class 66 in Aggregate Industries scenario
    ▲[Fix] Player train derails when entering Acton Yard at the end of Aggregate Industries scenario on Great Western Express
    ▲[Fix] Its possible to complete the final objective without stopping at the designated place in the Great Western Express Class 166 Introduction
    ▲[Fix] There is no marker near the cab door as in other training introductions, in the Great Western Express Class 166 Introduction
    ▲[Fix] Setting the Throttle to Notch 1 completes objective that states set it ABOVE Notch 1 in the Great Western Express scenario Christmas Closure
    ▲[Fix]It is not possible to set the required throttle notch in the Great Western Express scenario Class 66 Introduction
    ▲[Fix] The locomotive continues to run even after Control and fuel pump switch is set to OFF during Engine Startup in the Great Western Express Class 66 Introduction
    ▲[Fix] Service 1P51 on Great Western Express requires wrong side doors to be opened at London Paddington
    ▲[Fix] Some of the content provided with the Heavy Freight Pack is untranslated
    ▲[Fix] Great Western Express: fixed train derailing upon arrival at Hayes Goods Loop West in the Scenario Planner
    ▲[Fix] LGV Méditerranée, fixed issues with tunnel near Avignon
    ▲[Fix] Corrected spelling mistakes in Northern Trans Pennine route introduction
    ▲[Improvement] Improved the setup of formations available in the Scenario Designer on East Coastway
    ▲[Improvement] Re-tune the brakes of the Class 377 EMU on East Coastway to be smoother and closer to expectations
    ▲[Improvement] On Great Western Express Aggregate Industries. Moved stop point before departing Hayes closer to the end of the loop rather than in the middle
    ▲[Improvement] Class 166 Introduction on Great Western Express, added missing marker near cab door. Removed the locking of controls. Reduced distance needed to be driven
    ▲[Improvement] Class 43 Introduction on Great Western Express, removed the locking of controls. Reduced distance needed to be driven
    ▲[Improvement] Class 66 Introduction on Great Western Express. Removed the locking of controls. Reduced distance needed to be driven
    ▲[Improvement] Great Western Express: corrected the setup of Scenario Planner formations for the HST following a core fix to prevent passengers being added to the fuel tank of the locomotive causing it to stall
    ▲[Improvement] Great Western Express Down The Line: fixed initial pop-ups appearing after reloading from a save game
    ▲[Improvement] The Class 377 EMU brakes are over-powered on East Coastway
    ▲[Improvement] Great Western Express: reordered the 'Explore on foot' map in the front end so that it starts centered on the screen to match other TSW2 routes
    ▲[Improvement] LGV Méditerranée Depot Duty: unplugged turning the player trains into AI trains. Added in logic to lock the player in the seat until the shutdown procedure is completed
    ▲[Improvement] LGV Méditerranée : improved lighting of all tunnels
    ▲[Improvement] LGV Méditerranée : improved rendering of distant trees
    ▲[Improvement] LGV Méditerranée : improved the landscape around some roads that were floating
    ▲[Improvement] LGV Méditerranée: reduced wind strength applied to vegetation

Upcoming
    ▲[Fix] Cannot earn gold medals on Empty to Depot services on East Coastway
    [Fix] Reinstate London landmarks for Console on Bakerloo Line
    [Fix] It is possible to create a scenario without selecting a locomotive in the Scenario Planner
    [Fix] The search box cannot be reached when using a controller in the Scenario Planner
    ▲[Improvement] Add Platform Departure Boards to East Coastway DLC
    ▲[Improvement] Add Platform Departure Boards to Rapid Transit DLC
    ▲[Improvement] Placement of selection highlight is in the middle of the list while adding a service
    [Improvement] Locomotives of the same name appear twice in the formation list for Scenario Designer
    [Improvement] Initial focus is not on the marker list in the Scenario Planner making it hard to create scenarios

In Production
    ★[Fix] Bakerloo Line speed limits now trigger from front of train
    [Fix] Trains spawning backwards in Scenario Designer
    [Fix] Several Timetable services experiencing a game crash approximately 2km from Koln
    [Fix] Reports of a game crash for Peninsula Corridor
    [Fix] Settings not being saved between game sessions
    [Fix] Stop Points on Bakerloo Line are not aligned with the platform monitors
    [Fix] Cannot complete collectibles on Bakerloo Line
    [Fix] The objective marker is incorrectly placed for 'BEGIN REFUELLING' in the Great Western Express scenario Aggregate Industries
    [Fix] Some Stop point markers are placed at wrong end of chosen location for scenarios created in the Scenario Planner
    [Fix] Localisation correction on introduction video subtitles.
    [Fix] Reports of Player Objectives being scrambled upon resuming from a save game
    [Fix] Out of Memory reports caused by particular routes or trains - multiple occurences
    ▲[Improvement] The UI shows the 'Hamburger' button to start scenarios in the Scenario Planner, but it should be the A or X button depending on the console
    [Improvement] BR182 Livery Designer Compatibility (Rapid Transit)
    [Improvement] Class 52 Livery Designer Compatibility (West Somerset Railway)
    [Improvement] MP36PH-3C 'Baby Bullet' Livery Designer Compatibility (Penninsula Corridor)
    [Improvement] Add Platform Departure Boards to Long Island Railroad DLC
    [Improvement] Add RailDriver Support to Great Western Express
    [Improvement] Add RailDriver Support to Northern Trans-Pennine
    [Improvement] Add RailDriver Support to East Coastway

In Planning
    [Fix] Wagons can clip through the closed Wagon repair shop doors in the Class 20 scenario Chopper and Change
    [Fix] Peninsula Corridor fix overlapping wagons
    [Fix] Ruhr-Sieg Nord pathing error fix
    [Fix] Stop NPCs crossing the tracks at level crossings on Rapid Transit
    [Fix] Dynamic Brakes not working correctly on CSX AC4400 on Sand Patch Grade
    [Fix] Untranslated content on Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr
    [Fix]Freight Exchange scenario on Ruhr-Sieg Nord is blocked by a red signal at the start
    [Fix] Koln-Aachen - Missing bridge west of Duren Hbf. Only affects consoles.
    [Fix] Some S-Bahn services on Koln-Aachen are getting stuck a red signals attempting to traverse the single line section
    [Fix] Rail vehicles spawn overlapping each other at Minehead station on the West Somerset Railway
    [Fix] Incorrect footstep audio is observed on platforms on the West Somerset
    [Improvement] Expansion of services in the timetable for Bakerloo Line
    [Improvement] Expansion of Sand Patch Grade train formation options in the Scenario Designer
    [Improvement] Expansion of Peninsula Corridor train formation options in the Scenario Designer
    [Improvement] Add Safety System Indicators to the HUD
    [Improvement] User guides and manuals
    [Improvement] Standard download size reduction
    [Improvement] Change "Do you want to end this session" popup from Yes to No by default
    [Improvement] Severe FPS drops encountered in Heavy Freight Pack scenario Standedge Struggle

Under Investigation
    [Investigate] Gold Panning trophy reported as not unlocking
    [Investigate] Signals do not clear if AI trains are run infront of the player on Long Island Railroad for user created scenarios
    [Investigate] HUD reported as not working correctly for the MP36PH-3C Baby Bullet locomotive.
    [Investigate] In-cab controls for the Headlights on the BR 143 are reported as not working
    [Investigate] Adding layers to Hauptstrecke Munchen - Augsburg on console
    [Investigate] Door command not working on Talent 2.
    [Investigate] AMD driver compatibility and stability
    [Investigate] Poor performance reported for the Northern Trans-Pennine route
    [Investigate] Reports of the M3 on Long Island Railroad having a degraded audio experience
    [Investigate] Reports of the M7 on Long Island Railroad having a degraded audio experience
    [Investigate] Reports of the Environment Audio of East Coastway being reduced
    [Investigate] Reports of the Class 377 on East Coastway having a degraded audio experience
    [Investigate] Reports of the trains on Main-Spessart Bahn having a degraded audio experience
    [Investigate] Reports of issues with the Rail Joint audio on the BR425 on Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr
    [Investigate] Reports of issues with the Bell in the GP38-2 on Sand Patch Grade
    [Investigate] Reports of the BR Class 20 on Tees Valley Line having a degraded audio experience
    [Investigate] Reports of the MP36PH-3C 'Baby Bullet' on Peninsula Corridor having a degraded audio experience
    [Investigate] Reports of the F40PH-2CAT on Peninsula Corridor having a degraded audio experience
    [Investigate] Reports of the BR143 on Ruhr-Sieg Nord having a degraded audio experience
    [Investigate] Reports of the BR155 on Ruhr-Sieg Nord having a degraded audio experience
    [Investigate] Reports of looping artifacts in the audio of the Rapid Transit BR1442
    [Investigate] Reports of looping artifacts in the audio of the Koln-Aachen BR442

Removed from Roadmap
    [Cannot reproduce] Hayes & Harlington service in Down the Line scenario on Great Western Express cannot be completed
    [Cannot reproduce] Service 1B05 on Great Western Express is blocked by a red signal at London Paddington
    [Cannot reproduce] Creating a scenario from Brighton P8 to Seaford P2 results in a red signal at the start on East Coastway
    [Cannot reproduce] Creating a scenario from Stonebridge Park does not work on Bakerloo Line
    [Cannot reproduce] Service 1D35 on Great Western Express is blocked by a red signal at Maidenhead
    [Cannot reproduce] The 'Go Via' objective text is blended with the background in the East Coastway scenario Enthusiast Excursion

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 30
    • Helpful Helpful x 6
  2. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Can’t wait to be able to use the Scenario Planner on GWE and NTP!
    Thanks for taking the time to put the extra paths in too- really appreciated.

• Like Like x 3
  3. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

▲[Improvement] Great Western Express: corrected the setup of Scenario Planner formations for the HST following a core fix to prevent passengers being added to the fuel tank of the locomotive causing it to stall

Oh?

• Like Like x 13
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It's crazy that audio for preserved collection trains have yet to be resolved months after they came out. How long does it take to fix sounds. Routes like lirr are pretty much unplayable with the sound issues for crying out loud

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  5. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

One big thing I noticed from this roadmap is that we finally know what route the DB BR 187 from Skyhook Games is being developed for, and that is for Rhein-Ruhr Osten, which means that route, along with the Vossloh G6, will be receiving two loco add-ons (both third party add-ons).

Also, the PIS system for both East Coastway & Rapid Transit are now in upcoming which means we should hopefully be receiving them very soon.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Class 465 following SEHS so closely? Interesting.

• Like Like x 6
  7. tallboy7648

How in the world are passengers are getting into the fuel tank of the class 43. They must have broken inside lol. I guess they like being in a small container full of diesel. I wonder if some have died

• Like Like x 14
  8. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Good to see the scenario planner problems fixed in GWE and NTP. I can’t see any mention of the problem on HRR where the introductory tutorial cant be completed. Someone said on another thread that it was being addressed so I hadn’t raised a ticket but as its not mentioned here, can I assume that DTG don’t know about it?

9. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I think it would be best if DTG were to refrain from future involvement in providing extra capacity for the GWML.

• Like Like x 7
  10. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

This is one of the best roadmaps to date for me:

-A lot of fixes and improvements for LGV which is awesome! Especially the popping trees.
    -The brakes for the 377 are getting fixed as well which is fantastic news.

Also a lot of cool new additions and the 465 moving up is a nice surprise I thought the 313 would be out first hah.

Can't wait for the update and the release of SE HS!

• Like Like x 7
  11. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Still no mention of the broken journey mode timetable services for the German BR363 shunter that has been reported by many on the forums

• Like Like x 4
  12. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Also, another roadmap without any mention of fixes for Dash-8 and 3-Bay hoppers, although the feedback has been "acknowledged". I mean they are not that big, but that means they should be easier to fix, right?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

DB BR 187 finally approaching, heh)

• Like Like x 3
  14. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Great amount of fixes, that is what I like to see!
    Though it would be nice if we some some progress on the sounds as well by now. Maybe Adam has an update for us later. I heard that sound coding for this game is tough, at least in terms of reconfigurating them from preserved collection to updated status..

15. scottthiel123

scottthiel123 New Member

Can't wait for the HST acceleration fix

• Like Like x 4
  16. tallboy7648

That's a train I won't buy since it won't add anything really to sehs

• Like Like x 1
  17. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Was hoping the broken preserved route introductions would be on here. This in my opinion is not a good impression for new players who bought GWE on sale for TSW2. The very first thing is impossible to finish and it affects many routes.

I am looking forward to more improvements of preserved routes especially with the passenger departure boards.

18. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

it is possible that it could add AI services to Gravesend, which would be nice since the 375's don't, I am interested in seeing what they do with this one.

• Like Like x 4
  19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I would be worried that not all of the ones with sound issues are even on the roadmap. Some of those not listed, the 185 (all variants) and the 146 also have adhesion issues between the speeds of 55 and 86 km/h (light loco on dry track included) that affect their performance that has never appeared on the roadmap. I’d say those traction issues are a little more important than the slightly sluggish HST.

As well as this process taking forever, I am not confident the locos will ever get to the same standard they were in TSW2020. It is of great concern. Along with the S-Bahn head to head issue (which is on the list) this makes all the extra layers on SKA painful to play, as well as anything on MSB where all the locos have issues.

Yes, that should be a top priority fix as it is popping up daily on the forum as new players try the routes and are immediately prevented from continuing.

• Like Like x 13
  20. tallboy7648

It probably could but ai services won't be a selling point for me personally

• Like Like x 1
  21. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

It also seems like the fast followup is in order to "save" SEHS. We will see. Upgrades have been announced, so maybe it will be worth buying both in the end. Just maybe.

• Like Like x 4
  22. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's understandable, i'm also undecided on the use i'd get out of this pack due to the limited service options it potentially has, I do like the 465 though.

• Like Like x 1
  23. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

When I was younger I loved being stood on Bristol Temple Meads station and smelling the diesel from Bath Road depot... But this takes it to another level

24. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for keeping the "[Improvement] Expansion of services in the timetable for Bakerloo Line" on the roadmap! That makes me very happy!
    The expansion on the Bakerloo Line and the advancement of the dispatcher would benefit so many potential future routes as well.

• Like Like x 3
  25. tallboy7648

My neighbor recently bought the lirr for tsw2 (he never owned tsw2020 before) and was gutted to find out the m7 has audio issues to the point where it makes the route unplayable unless you buy the m3 but even that doesn't solve the problem 100 percent since you got audio issues on that train as well as if you have the safety systems on for the m3 and acknowledge them, the emergency brakes apply and grids the train to a halt making the m3 unplayable with the safety systems. So he got a refund for the lirr stujoy. I've had issues with the 146 as well. The fact that it's taking so long to fix the audio issues is unacceptable and this is only gonna hurt sales for preserved collection routes for people who may not have owned tsw2020 and are intrested in these routes. I think dtg should apologize to their customers who have spent money on these routes and are having these problems. It's not fair for new customers like my neighbor who is intrested in the lirr to spend $30 on it only for it to be unplayable and have to get a refund. This should be a top priority fix.

As for your concern stujoy of the preserved collection audio not being up the same standard as tsw2020 tbh I wouldn't be suprised if that would be the case but I hope that it won't happen.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

DTG Natster I can't help but noticing that neither here nore on the corresponding Dovetail Live website there are all entries to the roadmap listed. This is a major inconvenience!

Edit: I know that the website isn't supposed to have them all listed, but why not here?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  27. tallboy7648

The 465 is a cool train and I would buy it if the services that it was running on was a bit longer or if a extension came to where we can take it to london victoria. To me with the current route, the 465 doesn't add anything

• Like Like x 3
  28. Fearmeister

Fearmeister Member

I like the implication that SimuGraph checks if human flesh is a valid fuel source for each train.

• Like Like x 11
  29. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

The non working PZB lights on the BR182 dashboard are still not on the roadmap? What gives?

• Like Like x 3
  30. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

I might have missed it - but where is the LGV crocodile safety system? they said they were looking to add it post launch as it had some issues before release, now its not even on the roadmap?

• Like Like x 7
  31. tallboy7648

I guess the crocodile safety system is not a priority to them

• Like Like x 1
  32. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

They never confirmed doing exactly this loco next. It WILL work at some point, but we have to wait a little bit more.

33. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

If this is addressed, it will likely be when the new 182 comes out, just like the breaks on the 377 have now been adjusted with the 375.

34. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

The player model of the Talent 2 formation on SKA still not being addressed. The AI Talkent 2s are correct however.

35. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Not sure what you're referring to

• Like Like x 1
  36. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to wonder if we will see Clinchfield or Cane Creek within our lifetimes. I'm not getting any younger.;)

• Like Like x 5
  37. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Probably faster to apply to be an engineer at CSX, drive the former Clinchfield route, then quit, apply to UP and drive the potash trains on Cane Creek.

• Like Like x 3
  38. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

If I did, I'd drive the F7 all the way down to South Carolina and then live in blissful retirement in Charleston.

39. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

You could always do the off the rails on scenario planner as the 465's were used in many places including Reading to London Paddington. Just a suggestion

• Like Like x 2
  40. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's one of the reasons i'm considering it.

41. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

You and me both, i'll probably get the Class 465 as they were around when I was younger but never got to ride on them

• Like Like x 2
  42. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah I kind of want it just so I can do an NSE livery for it.

43. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Hoping your eventually put TSW and TSW2 conflict with each other. I did show you what is happening.

• Like Like x 1
  44. t.goaslind

t.goaslind Member

TrainSim-Adam
    The Level Grade Crossing Sounds for Sand Patch, Peninsula Corridor, Oakville Canadian Subdivision, and LIRR for Xbox(perhaps PlayStation) are either muted or non-existent. Any idea on when these issues could be fixed or show up on the Roadmap?

• Like Like x 2
  45. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

What a bizarre fault. Passengers plugging the fuel tank :D They’re everywhere but the platforms.

• Like Like x 6
  46. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

It's a real shame that this one hasn't been added yet. It's a pretty major bug to still be left in. A bit like how the PZB at Mammendorf hasn't been added.

Nope, nothing about the Crocodile yet. Until it appears I'd assume it isn't coming, and the comments made on the stream weren't factual.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I wonder if that HST passenger fuel thing has anything to do with why we can't use the door near the back of the power car? If it was usable would it count as a passenger door or something? Always wanted to be able to access that part and the front of the coach next to the power car.

48. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

That's where the HST stores spare humans for fuel.

No but seriously, it's a guards compartment and also (surprisingly) an auxiliary driving position.

Not all 43's had these compartments fitted though, and ended up with all of them eventually being used for bicycles and even parcels.

• Like Like x 2
  49. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

In a TGV stream Matt said it was not very important on this route because all the traffic lights would be green. I assumed there would be no rush to implement it and it certainly wouldn't be a priority for them.
    With lucky, expect it for the next route in France. Then they can sell it as a novelty, I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  50. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

Lets hope the 377 brakes aren't fixed then broken as they appear twice on this roadmap:

▲[Improvement] Re-tune the brakes of the Class 377 EMU on East Coastway to be smoother and closer to expectations
    ▲[Improvement] The Class 377 EMU brakes are over-powered on East Coastway

• Like Like x 2