Db Br182 Without Buying Rapid-transit-line

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Meister, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Meister

Meister New Member

Why is it not possible to buy the only the loco not buying the RT-line before?
    in the "off the rails" mode in scenario planner are all locos allowed?

Maybe someone has an idea why thats not possible

Greets

• Like Like x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

All loco DLC is tied to one route within the game, where it and its associated rolling stock lives. Everything else that uses that loco looks to the route it lives in to access it. Without the base route it is built for there is no place for the content to live. It’s just the way they decided to build the sim years ago.

3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

At the moment that's the way it is. There are dependencies in Rapid Transit I think that are needed for that loco. You will need Rapid Transit installed to use it in scenario designer.

4. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

my two points of advice would be as follows:
    1.) The next german route underway will have a 182 in MRCE livery included. If this livery is not an issue for you or if you have no problem with painting it red in the livery editor, you could wait for that route.
    2.) Wait for a big discount. Rapid Transit and the BR 182 are rather old items and when on discount should have a higher discount than many other routes, making the process of getting both DLC way more affordable.

• Like Like x 1
  5. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

There are also freight services available for it in almost all german routes, so it could be the case that you didn´t really need RT at all, but I honestly don´t know. RT didn´t add anything extra except the Talent 2, and that silver Talent 2 indeed is only used at that route, not elsewhere.

In case of doubts just wait for the next sale as RT will be most likely reduced to 50% at least, as it´s one of the oldest DLCs. If you don´t see the engine in the timetables for the other routes then get the RT. At the end it´s also another route you can use if you want.

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  6. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

The thing is the BR 182 Loco Addon uses assetts which are directly linked to Rapid Transit so there are dependancies. You have to own RT to use the 182, same for the BR 155 which needs RSN.

7. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it will not appear in other routes without Rapid Transit installed. Unless they made a version specifically for the route...like the Class 101 on Northern Trans-Pennine doesn't require the Class 101 from Tees Valley Line.

8. Meister

Meister New Member

first thanks for the quick answers!
    I think it's stupid because I don't think it would be that difficult to transfer the 182 to the other maps ... after all, the 182 is one of the most important freight trains in Europe.
    Well, then I'll probably have to buy the RT route ...
    thanks again for the many answers

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I don't think you're quite getting it. Every loco and wagon in TSW "lives" in a particular route package. This includes DLC locos, which each are tied to a particular "home" route (like the 155 to RSN). Locos can't exist as independent entities without a route they're attached to, from which route then other routes can call on the asset.

10. Meister

Meister New Member

i got it, but i think they could transfer them to the other routes too, for example, to transfer the 182 to the other freight routes. In real life, the 182 can also drive on the RSN, for example.

11. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

Do you mean store a copy of the 182 in other routes in addition to Rapid Transit?

That would be inefficient (waste disk space, and require multiple DLCs to be updated if the 182 needed to be patched).

12. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

The ideal solution would be to separate locos and routes, as they are in train simulator.

There are already problems being caused by having multiple copies of the same loco - the class 66 has problems where you get the wrong class 66 in certain scenarios which means you can't complete them (don't know if this is now fixed) and you also have the problem with the 422 where you can't select the right destinations if you spawn in with the wrong one, plus you need to own the 422 from RRO to use Koln-Aachen, which you should be able to do if you just have the HRR 422. I can foresee that there are going to be similar issues in the future where new versions of the same loco are added, so I'd hope this is something they are considering changing.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Meister

Meister New Member

yeah that's what i mean. Separate locos and routes.
    Would be very nice!