10 Reasons To Play Train Sim World: Founders Edition

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TrainSim-Jay, Mar 9, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

- Chase your dreams! - Everybody has wanted to drive a train at some point in their lives - the power to control these dynamic machines is impossible not to envy. Make your dreams come true with TSW:FE and experience the thrill from the comfort of your home!
    [​IMG]

- Control powerful locomotives - The quintessential First-Person Train Simulator puts the Class 43 High Speed Train, Class 66 Freight Locomotive and the Class 166/2 Turbo Express in your hands!
    [​IMG]

- Explore an open world - You control the driver, not just the train. Hop out of the cab to load freight, change carriages, and switch the tracks - or simply explore the stations and yards and search for collectables.
    [​IMG]

- Master advanced scenarios - Challenge yourself to set up our rolling stock, deliver freight and speed passengers to their destinations in Scenarios such as “Down the Line”, “West World” and “Drag Line”!
    [​IMG]

- Accessible tutorials and guides - TSW: FE is for everyone and you’ll love our playable tutorials that guide you to mastery of the Railways! Learn controls, signals and everything else you’ll need to take your trains out on the tracks.
    [​IMG]

- Play at your pace - The pressure is OFF! In addition to operating your own train you can ride along with the passengers, watch a fully recreated 24-hour service timetable of trains pulling in and out of stations or simply watch the scenery go by!
    [​IMG]

- Customise the experience - Flexible weather and stunning lighting effects allow you to create beautiful, breathtaking scenes day or night - or drive through the heart of a midnightblizzard!
    [​IMG]

- Faithfully reproduced trains - The controls and appearance of the trains are reproduced with incredible accuracy, giving you the experience of being in the driving seat of a real train!
    [​IMG]

- Stunning, true-to-life environments - We’ve gone to great lengths to bring you the real sights and sounds of the classic London-Reading route, including the famous Paddington Station!
    [​IMG]

- Optimised for Xbox One - Every control is the train is mapped comfortably to your controller and changes under the hood make the game run smooth as silk on Xbox One. You no longer need a fancy PC (or an actual license) to enjoy the thrills of driving a train - you can do it from your sofa!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. AnthonyMacNZ

AnthonyMacNZ Member

So close but far away

3. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Would of liked to have seen you release it at midnight... Thought 2pm was a bug in the store....

4. DeBrief

DeBrief New Member

My favorite four of the ten:

Explore an open world - I love nosing around, seeing what I can find

Tutorials and guides - I'm new to the genre, so definitely need these!

Play at your pace - if I want to relax after a hard day, I can just grab a glass of wine and experience the line from a passenger's point of view

Optimised for Xbox One - probably the biggest of the four - very glad this has been brought over to the console!

• Like Like x 2
  5. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

A tutorial for the signals? Heavy Haul was first on PC, got all those tutorials, and still never got anything on signals! Hope these tutorials get on the PC too...

• Like Like x 3
  6. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

No Xbox No Reason!
    Jay, can you teel us how the PC and Xbox version will be related? (future DTG strategy)
    PC is primary > every new content will be at first released for PC
    PC & Xbox simultaneously > new content will be released simultaneously for both (RT and NEC come independently at some timeframe)

• Like Like x 1
  7. 410nick

410nick Member

I'm almost sure PC content will be created first for testing, then Xbox will get the updates later on down the line. This platform was already difficult enough porting to consoles, they are still tweaking with the mechanics before any other DLC is released for Xbox. I'm just thankful that they already did the impossible. We will see more content that PC has but it will take a longer timeframe I'm sure.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mosko war

mosko war Member

Well I agree with you let's see and if it was difficult and already took the first step we'll go for more, although I certainly do not think much more than PC but if it's closer

• Like Like x 1
  9. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Certainly doesn’t seem like this currently unless drastic changes happen in the upcoming update? The larger stations such as Paddington and Reading can be like ghost towns with virtually no passengers and regarding the sounds it can be as quiet as a mouse with no ambient noise or station announcements.

• Like Like x 1
  10. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

They didnt change that, so its simply not true.
    https://mixer.com/DentingBoot?vod=23025206 --- Around Minute 52

Paddington still sounds like a dead Station excluding the Sounds of the Train... And the Passengers are still Stupid as hell.

But seriously, it cant be so hard adding some kind of Ambient noises to the Stations?
    Just as a smal comparison:

"Stunning, true-to-life environments" btw

11. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Why ambient noises weren't added from the start is beyond me. We don't even need service announcements to start off with, the generic safety announcements will do for now, provided by the real voice, not the in-game one.

There are plenty available online, such as here:

• Like Like x 1
  12. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

So apparently the "packed full of tutorials" is still just the original tutorials from PC. And there's no signal tutorial. I was hoping to see some more in there that might make YouTubers less confused by trains. (lol)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1