Tsw 2 Multiplayer

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by subzeropursuit, Sep 29, 2020.

1. subzeropursuit

subzeropursuit New Member

I've thought about this ever since TSW2 was coming out, I looked at some articles saying there would be a multiplayer in the future. Is this true? if so this would be a good feature to make the game better.

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

How would it make the game better? What do you want to be able to do?

• Like Like x 2
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

• Like Like x 2
  4. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

It would add realism. Real operators making real operator mistakes etc.
    Could also allow for people to train other drivers, or play with a friend as a conductor/guard.

• Like Like x 4
  5. BigH

BigH Active Member

I honestly don´t see the benefit of a multiplayer in TSW. Typical multiplayer games you can just jump in and out, without affecting other players. Different if you take, for example, the raids in Destiny 1. They were designed as a team effort for like 6 players. We were a clan of 40-60 members, most of them working and with family, and it was difficult to get 2 raid teams together in a week because of the time you had to commit yourself to.

TSW multiplayer would be very time consuming to play and i don´t think you find enough people playing it long term to justify the programming effort.

• Like Like x 4
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

TSW would be better with Multiplayer is more than obvious, tastes aside.
    But is it worth investing time in it? May not.

7. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

Train Sim World multiplayer

Sounds great, drop 100 locomotives into an ever decreasing arena. There they fight a battle to the death, using Dynamic, Automatic and independent braking systems.
    Until only one remains and is declared the champion.

I’m sure no one has thought of this or a similar idea :)

• Like Like x 5
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Haha!

Players often do not understand the concept of multiplayer in train sims. There are several such games and I recommend this type of experience. This is obviously not a PVP, but a form of cooperation.

• Like Like x 2
  9. BigH

BigH Active Member

Yes, for example Mud-/Snowrunner is about cooperation. You can tow other players trucks out of the mud or water, use cranes to exchange freight, tackle heavy duty mission together with 3 or 4 players.
    I don´t see the tools in TSW. You can´t even load lugage on a train, let alone containers, pipes or else. I don´t see cooperative gameplay at the moment.
    I´d love to, don´t get me wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  10. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Oh, no fear, I am absolutely not a big propagator of multiplayer at TSW, but after experiencing competing products, I can confidently say it's a nice addition. However, it is not the most important functionality! :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. rogue909

rogue909 New Member

Multi-engine hauling of freight... the rear engines are also manned... multiplayer option.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I've posted this before regarding multiplayer, and I personally think this would make it a more sociable game and introduce a lot of functions people seem to be asking for!

Here's a short list of ideas I've had since TSW: Founders Edition came out.

• Dedicated servers running at maximum of 20 players (rentable and DTG run).
    • Servers to run Timetable mode and run constantly through the 24 hours with additional ECS moves through quite periods to keep players able to drive.
    • Cross platform compatibility.
    • Working GSM-R/Radio systems for communicating with signallers.
    • Dedicated Signaller mode to allow someone to take control of the routing of trains (would allow for train failures and other user generated issues).
    • Guard / conductor mode - To allow people to user buzzer's and bell's correctly.
    The multiplayer aspect would allow almost of the roleplay element of train driving. You could schedule players to drive a particular service etc.

You could create virtual train driving companies (bit like they do in Euro Truck Simulator) with the game keeping scores etc and giving your TOC a score rating which reports to a leader board.

If you have a SPAD or act recklessly, then your company loses points etc.

• Like Like x 4
  13. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

20 players seem a little too high perhaps might be 2 player or up to 5. Players in a shared world but with that. All players would need the dlc to access the route.

Guard , conductor mode seems more likely. But as focus is steam. Multiplayer seems to be put aside for now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Why would 20 seem to many on dedicated server open to the public? 2 to 5 would mean you wouldn't really see anyone else and you'd really only be playing with friends. At least if the dedicated server was running timetable mode, and people joined it, you'd at least get to make friends in voice chat etc and create a community.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Do you know if dtg get anymoney from xbox/playstation for their subscription services if they encourage people by making the have it to play on line

16. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

I would love guard mode

• Like Like x 2
  17. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

same

• Like Like x 1
  18. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I know somebody who works for DTG (I can't say their name on here because their job might be put on the line) but apparently they're working on a spin-off game with that exact concept in mind.

;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. ZeenozPlays

*Thinking Emoji*
    Is it with Skyhook...?

20. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

No, apparently it's Hello Games. I think it's a partnership with DTG to bring Class 395s to No Man's Sky.

;)

21. WVUadam

People would Join the server and troll players. And dtg would get lots of grieving player support tickets.

22. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Doubt it, as you'd be scored for everything you do. You'd getbplaced with players of a similar score/rating

• Like Like x 1
  23. WVUadam

Skill based match making would not work the player base is too low both console and pc player's would have to connect with each other. And as I said not everyone has every dlc.

Dtg would have to spend alot of time really working out how it could function.

24. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

A move to a subscription model would be a decent fit alongside online persistent servers and multiplayer, that way you wouldn't have to have the software anymore and a sub to TSW365 would grant you access to the serverd without caring which routes you own. You could have each route on its own server and then this would give more support to route extensions merges etc as there would be more people so you expand the play area accordingly. Also if you streamed it rather than having it on your machine then that would solve all sorts of compatability issues and allow everyone to play with anyone else without console/pc walls.

There is something in it even if you only want to play by yourself, the convenience of a subscription that always lets you play the newest content while not necessarily hogging your HDD is more attractive the more routes they bring out!

25. ShaneS89

ShaneS89 Active Member

That's not how most subscription games work though. iRacing is a subscription service, Its $200 a year but you still have to buy cars at $11.95 and tracks at $14.95. Raceroom is very similar, the game is free with 2 or 3 cars or tracks but you have to buy everything else. I highly doubt that a TSW subscription would be any different, and tbh I don't see a benefit for changing it.

• Like Like x 1
  26. robtorres718

robtorres718 Member

There are many reasons to add multiplayer. Increased traffic. Optional co-OP, operator and guard etc. There could be a group of players taking the role of tower control. Players can relieve other players of trains, thus giving the illusion of competition of a shift and riding another to get to a different location to start a second shift etc. Communication will be a must though... via radio chat etc. Some players can act as movers, bringing trains from yards into service etc. There could be local / short trip / round trips added. There's plenty that they can do, just need imagination and dedication to make it work. I would love to join in a session and see real players... if a player suddenly drops out, the AI can immediately take over. Just as in MS Flight Sim. This kind of gameplay would be great for subway trains. Bakerloo , MTA Subway , Boston Subway and even CTA, Chicago railway.

• Like Like x 6
  27. ZeenozPlays

I agree.