PC Multiple Bugs On Sandpatch Grade

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by james#6343, Jan 29, 2021.

1. james#6343

james#6343 Member

(These bugs are with the AC4400 and the route itself. May apply to other locos.)

1. After a certain time/distance/point on map the horn doesn't work. This issue occurred on both Cumberland Charge and Powering America PT2. (I said in the video it happens in both parts of Powering America, I am correcting that, since I got the missions confused) Also, why is there a horn sequence pedal that is interactable but it doesn't do anything? I understand the heaters being interactive, without "doing anything" because how would you actually know if the heat was on without being there? But the horn sequence SHOULD do SOMETHING.

2. The speed changes that occur when a signal indicates Medium, Slow, Limited ETC, is incorrect by a measure of anywhere from 5-10 MPH. The correct speeds are as follows: Limited: 45MPH. Medium: 30MPH. Slow: 15MPH

3. The distance counter in the AC4400 isn't working properly. When counting up, it is accurate. My train was 2868 Ft. long. But when I told it to count down, and I set the distance to 2868, it starts up in the 9XXXX range. This essentially makes the feature useless, unless you want to sit there and try to figure out what number to put in that would make it count down from the distance you actually want.

3.1 This is more just me being nitpicky. But why does the screen in the AC4400 count in feet, but the game only tells you how long your train is in yards in the pause menu?

Once again!!! I have videos, this time they're only like 30MB and apparently they're STILL too big???

• Like Like x 2
  2. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

I've experienced the exact same issues on Xbox too, also the railroad crossings are silent and the horn/bell is choppy sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. james#6343

james#6343 Member

Yeah, It almost sounds like the horn and bell's audio files aren't looped correctly. As for the crossings, there are no routes currently released with functional crossings. Even in LIRR and Peninsula Corridor, the crossings are static. This will change in the not so distant future, because the upcoming Southeastern High Speed actually has functioning crossings that are programmed in with the signalling system. So I don't see any reason why DTG wouldn't implement this feature in older routes as time goes on. One thing to keep in mind, I'm not sure if you watch the streams or if you maybe didn't catch this, but I feel it's important to repeat it as much as possible. When it comes to fixing, upgrading or modifying older routes, the team will mainly focus their work on whatever routes are in the region of the newest upcoming add-on. This can be confirmed if you look at the roadmap. The next route is located in the U.K. and if you look at the roadmap, it is mainly GWE and East Coastway that are being updated and upgraded. So, I wouldn't expect any major changes or upgrades to SPG or LIRR until the team starts working on a new North American route. The only real exception to this would be if there are major bugs that require more immediate attention.

EDIT: So that means that, with maybe the exception of the horn, none of these issues will be addressed until the team is focused on the North American region

• Like Like x 1
  4. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

The horn problems are well documented on these forums, and occur in different ways, all across the board on SPG, all locos, all locations. I have also had wipers just stop working, instrument lights stop working. The SPG locos have several other annoying bugs as well. However, so far SPG is probably my favorite route, and it was the first route to be released in TSW, and I'm thankful they at least made it work in TSW2. Probable reason for that, because there were no other US heavy freight routes, and lots and lots of customers like them.

But despite all these annoying problems, most bugs never going to get fixed in good old DTG style, I still enjoy the heck out of the route. A few more long slow heavy US freight routes, please. Don't we have enough of all these zippy little commuter routes now? What wouldn't I give for a TSW2 Soldier Summit with all the locos for it from OGTS. The D&RGW SD9 being one of my absolute favorite locos of all times, and favorite livery too. <3

• Like Like x 1
  5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Clinchfield and Cane Creek are in production as we speak.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GA Railfan17

GA Railfan17 Active Member

Yep I have had numerous problems with SPG. The horn sometimes carries on, sometimes I have derailed when going at about 5mph and other ones I cannot remember

7. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Sand Patch Grade is the gray beard of TSW, going all the way back to Heavy Haul. Because of that and despite the countless bleating and pleading posts concerning the many problems with the locos, I now doubt it's going to get any further attention in the future. Nothing on the roadmap suggests anything other than file 13. Having said that, I still love and enjoy the route and I will finish as much as I can before moving on to Clinchfield etc.

• Like Like x 1
  8. leeroy

leeroy New Member

I found the issue with the distance counting down. The distance you have to input is in meters not feet. When I put in 930m it starts counting at 3051feet.

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That's correct: the screen is simply wrong. It wants yards input, not feet like it says.