Cab And Alarm Sounds

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Bryer, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I know it's a known problem on the PC version, and I know Matt P said that build 100 for the PC had slightly solved the issues, just wanted to raise that the in cab sounds on the 166 during services mode are about 75% quieter than they are during Scenarios.

I haven't been able to tie it down to certain 166 units yet, but some of them work fine and you can hear a bit of the engine and wheel noise when looking dead centre, but other are silent until you point the camera to the door.

AWS and door alarms are bloody awful quality as well.

2. HopesAnchor131

HopesAnchor131 Active Member

The AWS doesn't work for me at all? Worked during the tutorials but now it doesn't.

3. ScottDarg

ScottDarg Member

It's likely isolated, that seems to be the default.

AWS Isolation Switch positions are as follows:
    • Class 43 (HST): Above the desk on the secondmans side. It can be seen here:
    • Class 66: In the fuse box behind the drivers seat.
    • Class 166: On the panel behind the drivers seat.

Agreed.

Unsure if it's just my installation, but the AWS Alarm is also wrong in that it isn't a continuous sound. Instead, it keeps looping if that makes sense. I believe it should sound like the alarm that can be heard in this video: )

4. HopesAnchor131

HopesAnchor131 Active Member

Thank you, AWS is working now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. westernwolf

westernwolf New Member

Yeah I know what you mean there with the TPWS, it should be a horn.

6. steadfast

steadfast Member

The AWS warning sound is the correct noise, but it's a poor recording which due to looping makes it sound like a pulsating sound. It should be a steady booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop noise until cancelled with the AWS button.
    A lot of the sounds in general could do with a bit of work, little things like the tinny slam of the outer door and the thud of the inner door on the 66 for example and the multiple squeaks and rattles that are the GM's trademark are far too quiet! Little changes, but would add to the realism hugely.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jamin8271

Jamin8271 New Member

All safety systems are disabled in every service train. To turn them on you have to find the correct switch: Class 166, when sat down in the drivers chair directly behind you is a load of fuse switches the only one you can work is the AWS fues turn that on so it is pointing down, DSD is located top right hand third switch along this will activate them! HST both AWS and DSD are both on the left hand side in the secondmans seating area on the dashboard both will be isolated turn them on to activate!