The Catch Boss Fish Fridays

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DTG Clarkey, Nov 13, 2020.

1. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

Well done,what was the time of day?

2. Myles

Myles New Member

Sunrise dynamic weather on the spot you posted up. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  3. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Congrats man, quite an accomplishment!

4. Myles

Myles New Member

Yeh just got to be patient I was fishing the spot for hours then had to cats over 150 lb then the third bite was the bull

5. mactrack644

mactrack644 New Member

Hands up, I happily stand corrected, faith restored

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Think I'm being mocked by it. Fished the area using all suggested baits for hours. 54 fish later, incl several Wels between 100lb - 160lb. Still no Bull. On the plus side there wernt many channel cats caught using boiles and some nice specimen carp on the side.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Myles

Myles New Member

8. Myles

Myles New Member

Dnt get me started on them pesky channel cats

9. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

New Boss Fish today! Info at 5pm GMT :)

Attached Files:

10. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

Burns i hope:love:

11. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

The Unicorn on Loch Mickle is this week's Boss Fish! Good luck catching it everyone :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rustystork

Rustystork Member

;-)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  13. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Today's Boss Fish is up! Alice on Oxlease, good luck everyone.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Today's merry Boss Fish - Burns

Happy Holidays everyone.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

For anybody that didn't catch the boss fish that went up on our socials :)

Attached Files:

16. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Today's Boss Fish Friday is Outlaw on Rotterdam. Good luck everyone.

Attached Files:

17. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Little Hog on Loch Mickle is Friday's Boss Fish. Good luck!

Attached Files:

18. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Another Boss Fish coming later today.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Here is this week's Boss Fish Friday! Good luck everyone.

Attached Files:

20. malanta#1820

malanta#1820 Member

I have a question for the ones that can be found anyway, when it says find anywhere, can be found anywhere in the game that you log in at, or does it stick to one position in that game, for example if i pick a peg and fish in the same location for hours i may not find it, but might it "move" to my peg if i log out and log back in again for another game... just wondering if it does literally move around the lake for the game you are in or sticks to one location until you log out. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  21. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Good question. Never really thought about it like that. Now thinking about it, I'd guess its a case that it's per log in rather than finally swims into your peg. Could be wrong. I know I've caught one certain Boss carp on Bestii all over the venue. Once, twice on the same peg in the same session.

A little clarification would be good. Especially when it seems the opposite on the Ebro where you need to have everything 100% right to even have a sniff. After near 40hrs on the Ebro, still not one Boss. Not for the want of trying of course. I've been all over the venue with various tactics and bait. Feel further away now of catching one than I did when I first started.

22. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Also be nice to know on the Ebro if any of the boss fish can be caught from a bank peg?

23. malanta#1820

malanta#1820 Member

The only one I have caught from ebro was from a bank peg

• Like Like x 1
  24. malanta#1820

malanta#1820 Member

25. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Which one and where? I can't buy a boss on the Ebro. Nearing 50 hours spent on it as well.

26. malanta#1820

malanta#1820 Member

Aqua, its the only one I have caught from the lake at the moment, can't remember the peg off the top of my head but the image below is of it, the rods were put close to the bank

Aqua.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  27. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi all, assuming you are using the correct hooks for the correct beds then there is no difference. The boss fish will be equally available across all parts of the lake as long as you are using the correct setups. Without getting too much into the specifics of development, the fish do move around the lake, there is no set point for boss fish on venues where they can be caught all over.

28. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I have noticed on your Boss fish posts that some say can be caught anywhere? On the Ebro is there any boss fish that can be caught anywhere? From what I've seen on the two boss Cats posted up from the Ebro boss fish posts. They seem to have specific areas for them?

Just trying to work out how to up my chance of catching any on the Ebro.

29. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Boss Fish on venues where you can use a boat have a specific spot, venues without boats mean Boss Fish can be caught all over.

• Like Like x 1
  30. malanta#1820

malanta#1820 Member

Just on that, do they move about in game, or they move about inbetween games, for example if i load a game and stick in a location for...well, even 10 hours will one eventually come my way or would i need to reload the game/lake for it to come to my location?

31. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Fish do move about the whole venue (non-boat venues). You may find you have better luck in specific spots as you may cast closer to an area they go by for example. If you have fished one spot for 10 hours, we'd recommend trying a different bit. Venues with boats where the boss fish are in specific spots, they just hang around in certain areas and don't move around the whole lake/river.

32. malanta#1820

malanta#1820 Member

Ok thanks, I'll keep potting on...this fishing game is gonna last me about 10 years >_< heh

• Like Like x 1
  33. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Just wondering on the boat venues and specific spots. How specific do you need to be in terms of area/position? Is it a case of being within 5 yards, 10 yards etc? Just trying to work out the margin of error in terms of where I am on the map.

34. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

For Boss Fish that are in specific areas, they will move around that hole spot. So that means they can be caught anywhere in a 250m area, we would suggest chucking out 3 rigs with about 10m spacing and then making good use of the spod to attract the fish. That way you're giving yourself the best chance and can cover lots of ground quicker.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Thank you. The search for the first Ebro Boss continues.

• Like Like x 1
  36. malanta#1820

malanta#1820 Member

What realistically is the chances of the devs upping the boss fish drop rate - my brother caught a fish in oxlease (which by the way, for a small lake and with so many carp that can be caught "anywhere" is incredibly difficult to catch a boss carp) - it was the Snob Tench and i knew where he caught it from and with what bait and used the same times and hooks etc. i have spent around 40 hours over the course of numerous games trying to catch it...surely that suggests its too hard to catch them?

37. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

There are no plans to update The Catch: Carp and Coarse. But the feedback does help the team as it helps us better understand how players feel about catch rates and balancing. On Oxlease the fish move around the whole venue so you won't necessarily strike the same catch as your brother because you are fishing the same spot.

38. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

What would be a help when looking for Boss fish, especially on bigger venues where you have the option of a boat. Is to be able to mark areas you have already fished on the map for reference. Maybe even a community online map could also be implemented where users can record areas where certain Boss fish have been caught?

Another thought maybe on each venue map that it notes a little more specific information about the venue, so you can make a conscious decision where you may decide to fish for any certain species or target. For example, a basic depth guide and type of bottom noted around any given venue? Of course you could go further depending how variable the venue is. Such as points of note like deep holes, drop offs or even underwater obstacles. If this ties in with the information you are given about a certain species or Boss fish you are pursuing, then it might make it easier to at least have a better stab on areas you want to try. If there is a chance of a next release implementing weather/time of year and things like wind direction and water temp. All of this will make for a far more strategic experience for the player and arguably a better feel for how you want to approach any given catching challenge.

Just a thought.

39. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

These are some great suggestions, I'll make sure to add this to our community suggestion/feedback list for the team to take a look at. Thank you Chizzckh

• Like Like x 1
  40. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

No problem. Just adding to this. It not only makes it more strategic but allows for a more captive story about any given Boss. I also think there could be room for another class of big fish as well as boss fish which supercedes them as the ultimate trophy. For example a Legend catch/fish. Could even go to keeping the info in terms of weight/species hidden until caught.

Mixing that with what I've written earlier. For an example you could now say in the fish bio.

"Fish X likes to be in the deeper more secluded areas of the venue during the day and is less active but at later times fish X likes to move to the more shallower gravel areas to feed" And if variables such as weather, temp etc is included then you can add those variables as another layer to the info and and fish behavior.

So by reading that, a player can look at the venue map and target say the 5 areas that match the catch chances depending on the time of day/weather etc.

• Like Like x 1
  41. malanta#1820

malanta#1820 Member

Fair enough - since they fish move around the lakes, is there a chance then presumably that i might fish one area with no luck one day and the next day fish in the same spot and catch a boss? - presumably if the fish can be anywhere then they can be caught multiple times from the same spots in theory just on different game sessions? - I just have one final question, when you start a game do all the boss fish load in the game as it were, or do just one/some/half of them load in

Edit - actually one final question, does it matter what line you have on?

42. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

That's right because the fish move about you won't necessarily always catch them in the same spot in different sessions.

When you start any session all the fish will load into the venue. Time of day is then the only other factor in the venue settings that will determine the likeliness of catching one (the boss fish are always there in the water). Finally, the line choice does not make a difference to catch rate, you'll just find it harder to keep a heavier Boss fish on if you have a lighter line.

43. malanta#1820

malanta#1820 Member

Indeed, I tend to have heavy line on almost exclusively, so just wondering if that affects smaller fish but if not then great...sorry I do have one more question then it'll likely be the last one................for now ;-)

You mention about time of day being a factor - if you start the game and select night-time and aren't getting many bites, you can pause it and change the time of game in game from the menu - does changing it in game "wake" the fish up more and making them more likely to bite or would you say its better to just quit the game and restart using the correct time of day to start with.

Finally thanks for answering my questions even though I have been....well, a bit of a LOVE in past messages - just frustration and what not coming out when things don't quite work as they should

• Like Like x 1
  44. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

No problem at all, any questions you have just fire away.

Time of day is split across the 5 options of the day, each time has varying values for catch rates on each species. So if you start at sunset on Ebro for example and then in the pause menu change it to afternoon, the game will update the river to match the values for that time's catch rates. So in this case on Ebro at sunset, you are very likely to hook a Wels Catfish but in the afternoon not so much. You don't need to reboot the event for it to take effect.

45. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Nancy Jo is today's Boss Fish. Good luck everyone!

Attached Files:

46. malanta#1820

malanta#1820 Member

Surely that would have a different size hook to a 6lb chub?

Is the dynamite source different to the normal source boilie as if it is I don't have one.

With regards to fish - do the lakes have a set amount of fish to be caught, including the boss fish - once you have caught a fish is it "chucked back" or is it kept out of that game from onwards... or is it just a repeating cycle of being able to catch the same fish on repeat...as an example if I got a boss fish, is it possible to catch that same one in the same session, even if it is very unlikely. Is there any reason Oxlease is particularly difficult to catch boss fish, especially with the large amount of carp on offer in there? been on that map for 50 hours and caught 1 carp boss fish

47. RichHaze3014

RichHaze3014 New Member

Finally had the bull what a fight please see my YouTube live stream search as below

Flouro Carbon rm live the catch and select most recent vids

Thanks for your advice guys

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2021
  48. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hooks are valued against each species individually so do not carry any similarities between them. In this case for a Julliens, you need a size 4 hook for a 20kg+ fish. The Chub was a different weight. This way we don't have a different hook for each species of fish.

Fish are always catchable, they are not removed from the lake during the session. Oxlease has a lot of Carp, the thing to note is that out of over 1500 carp in the lake, only 14 are Carp Boss Fish. This is why Oxlease is one of the more tricky venues to catch Boss Fish.

49. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Just wondering. Is there any change to boss fish catch rates depending on what game mode you are playing? Or even the machine you are playing on?

I spent another several hours over the weekend fishing in the "spot" matching all the baits and tactics I have seen players post with regards to catching the Bull. Still no luck, I'd say I've put in 15-20 hours in that specific place as well. No problem catching Wels there. Biggest so far is around 172lb but I would have expected a result now I know that in theory I am in the right place.

So thinking there might be a difference somewhere in how I'm approaching it past the actual game play aspect. I'm playing on PS4 in a normal fishing session. Not multiplayer or tournament modes etc.

50. malanta#1820

malanta#1820 Member

I spent over 25 hours in one gaming session trying to catch him in the right area with no luck...think its probably best giving up on boss fish altogether