I Played Sehs Early Through A Steam Console Trick, I Am Not Amused

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nielsmallant100, Feb 2, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well perhaps they didn't go on DTG's public forum before to rant about them before, whilst we waiting patiently for the proper release of the route. I have never seen it mentioned on here before, I am sure I wouldn't have missed it.

I made my mind up and pre-ordered based on what I saw from DTG's stream so I am not worried about the mystique being taken away it just seems a strange way of breast beating to me!

• Like Like x 3
  2. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

I would just say: the official release on Thursday, February 4, 2021.
    I was very interested in the streamings presented by Matt and Sam. I bought it for pre-order and I can't wait to play it, by myself.
    That's it, I've given my opinion :D:D:D

• Like Like x 4
  3. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

The early access procedure utilized is made available through a Steam utility and therefor not a concern from a policy concern on my point of view in this case, it was the rather caustic and antagonistic way the OP posted his opinions,

• Like Like x 8
  4. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

Has been noted, will take it into consideration.

5. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

I remember reading a point made by someone a while ago which I think is valid - one of the reasons why folks seem to be upset/uptight etc about new routes is that we only have a very small amount of them to look forward to, hence we are all concentrated on the upcomimg route, picking up on fine details.
    If there were a route editor we would be able to adjust them to our hearts content and I guess there would be less complaining.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

but some people like on console wouldn't be able to edit them as much if at all, it is meant to be very realistic i would rather not have this feature

• Like Like x 1
  7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It's interesting to me how some people manage to convince themselves that whining and griping and complaining is somehow a virtue; that their bitching is preventing the world collapsing into the ancient abyss.

A high proportion of this attitude could be found among my divorce clients.

• Like Like x 3
  8. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

We saw how constructive feedback can have a positive effect, but this is becoming ridiculous, on Tuesday's stream we saw the state of the route, its shortcomings and we got reassured they will get fixed. I believe this route will improve a lot. I saw with my own eyes LGV getting from a broken early dev build to a respectable state here on xbox in 2 months, and there is no reason to believe this route will get a different treatment.

We know this DLC has some pretty big issues, we know they will (probabily) be fixed, if you don't want to run the risk wait until the fixes to buy it.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  9. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

Maybe you should know that even if there is editor you will not be able to edit existing routes... that was announced many times. So routes will be still the same even if you have editor. And without DTG you will not be able to even release stuff from the editor so it will be just waste of space on your HDD.

10. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I mean look at the title. "I played early through a trick". Maybe that is what gets people on edge here, it sure does get me. This post feels to me like OP wanted to just get the spotlight.
    What is the reason/benefit for giving your opinion from playing pre-release?
    And why the emphasis on the trick and playing early? Who cares?

• Like Like x 7
  11. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Thank you for your response to this it was very helpful and appreciated.

12. nielsmallant100

I don't want to reignite this thread, I am not looking to divide the community or any of that nonesense. But part of my frustrations with DTG, is it always Seems, (pay attention to my wording), like they release a DLC that has some shortcomings, and then don't do a lot with it. Like with the bakerloo line, which in general, I really like, but it doesn't give you the full LU experience because there is like 20 minutes in between trains (maybe not quite that but it's quite bad atm). DTG said more services would come, now they say it doesn't look like it will be possible. DTG says the crocodile will come to LGV, now they say, well, pretty much nothing. I am not saying they are fully to blame that these things aren't being realised. But I thought DTG said they weren't going to announce anything that they cannot do.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Both haha

14. hightower

hightower Guest

Almost every post in this thread is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 4
  15. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

The OP is very much "Look how clever I am! I am a genius.... Dovetail don't want you to know this easy trick to get DLC before its released. p.s. I am a genius."

• Like Like x 5
  16. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

SEHS, the topic that keeps on giving.

• Like Like x 9
  17. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

People seem to really care a lot about a single random persons opinion. Here's an idea. Tomorrow, the DLC will unlock for those that have pre-ordered or want to purchase day-one. Those people can download it and make their own opinion rather than relying on someone else to do it for them. If you want to wait and see if it's any good, there will be many live streams and recordings up very quickly that you can watch and judge for yourself.

Or, you know, get upset that the route (and/or reviewer) sucks before you even play it because someone doesn't like that the cabin sounds are quiet (even if realistic) and that the driving position is too low...

• Like Like x 5
  18. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I agree and I understand your frustration, I just didn't like the idea of using non official methods (whether legal, fair, whatever) to come here and shout about already known problems we already discussed to death before and we are already aware of, that version can't be worse than the one of the stream, from your description seems the exact same, so what was the point of this post?

I thought this post was some kind of "buyer beware" or "I bought this so you don't have to", but after reading your successive replies it's clear that wasn't your original intent.

Yes, this route is not great, it has pretty big issues, just like LGV at launch. I want to believe they will fix them, only time will tell, I know it's a risk and they might leave it like it is now for ever, like BKL.

Many of us watched the stream and formed our own opinion of the route and decided whether to buy it or not. So, then again, I fail to understand the point of this post. If you just wanted to give your feedback of the route surely you could have waited until tomorrow.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  19. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

I also got the route via, lets say early access ;), and i dont know what you complaining about. I have sonds in the Cab wich you can hear pretty good (If you leave the door open , you can also hear the traction motors), I also hear wiper Sounds, wich weren't there in the Stream! It is already confirmed that there will be fixes for the light issues in the tunnels, they mentioned it like every ten minutes in the last Stream.
    The only real ,, Problem" i could find was that on the pis Boards at the Platform and screens in the Javelin, the Destination of Trains to st. Pancras or Rainham doesnt show up, thats it. But i thought they mentioned it too, so probably this will be fixed in a few days or a week.

At the current (pre release) state, i can recommend it!

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. hightower

hightower Guest

If you want to see it Alan Thomson has put up his first look video on YouTube.

Having made up my own mind from watching rather than listening to his opinion I’m more than comfortable with my decision NOT to purchase this. No doubt many people will feel the opposite but I just can’t see how you can be happy with this offering. Remember GWE is not far off 4 years old.

If this really is the best DTG can muster after all this development time then the future does not look bright for TSW.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  21. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

That's not exactly what they said. They said that everything that they intend to do will be added to the roadmap. They also said that things may move up, down or leave the roadmap should they not be possible.

22. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

hightower As you said, you formed your opinion with your eyes rather than listening to Alan, and that's fine obviously. But Alan's summary wasn't actually that bad. "Fair play, trains are nice, stations are nice". He noticed some fairly major issues with the scenery on the high speed section but said that as long as DTG plan on patching it, then yeah might as well buy it.

He was worried about the angle of the power handle, expected it to be straighter. Dunno if that's true or not.

And he did say that he got the DLC using the "trick" in the thread title but that he didn't publish his video until after the media blackout was over as he understood it, which seems sensible.

23. hightower

hightower Guest

"Fair play, trains are nice, stations are nice"

That’s very often the case, horns aside. It’s the rest of it that, in my opinion, is getting worse not better.

• Like Like x 2
  24. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

Interestingly, he quite liked the horn on the external view. Said it wasn't as badly looped as normal, and it seemed like it was quite loud.

25. hightower

hightower Guest

It’s still a synth sound like it or not, whether inside or outside. Of course, the horn is really the least of the problems.

My opinion of course, but recently the quality of the routes had somewhat papered over the cracks of the long standing problems the game has. When the route building and attention to detail falls short, the collective result is simply not good enough to justify the cost to me.

• Like Like x 1
  26. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I just watched Alan's stream. He went past Hoo Jcn and there was nothing in the sidings unlike what we saw in the DTG stream. Is this just because he was running the 'High Speed' scenario and it would specifically need some update to incorporate the recent changes or was he indeed running a different build after getting it using the 'trick'? Just curious.

• Like Like x 1
  27. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

look in the timetable mode

28. nielsmallant100

yeah did that scenario myself, the yard is empty in the scenario, but has like 2/3 66's in service mode

• Like Like x 2
  29. George1862

George1862 Active Member

Well i love the route

• Like Like x 5
  30. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

This issue only happend when the Game language was German. If the Game is in english, every Destination will show up.

31. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I had a go with it last night and enjoyed the route a lot. I think that it is good fun and I am looking forward to the official release tomorrow.

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  32. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Locking this one here as the tone has been divisive and used as an excuse to criticize other users.

For future reference: we will remove any threads where posters have gained unauthorized access to a new route to post commentary. Regardless of how measured or balanced you believe your comments to be it doesn't change the fact that early access has been taken without permission. You can obviously talk about it elsewhere, but not here.

We provide preview streams for your advance scrutiny and are more than happy to hear your feedback on them, no matter what your opinion of them might be.

• Like Like x 28
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.