Timetable Issues And Lack Of Schedule

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Cheyney1874, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Cheyney1874

Cheyney1874 New Member

I cannot seem to stick to the timetable, even if I get going straight away immediately after the games loads and leave braking as late as poss (i.e. 70mph not braking until 700yds to station) I am still at least 2 minutes late and it then snowballs.

I also think it's a bit naff that I don't know my schedule, I only know where I am due to stop one stop at a time. Can you not show the schedule on the pause menu, all is shows is the Task log. Surely it would be better to show my timings against the schedule.

Surely this info is already there, surely this is something pretty basic, any train driver needs to know what schedule he/she is trying to stick to?

Other than this, it's great. I know PC users will slag it off but like others have said, I don't have the space or money to have a super fast gaming PC so bringing it to Xbox at least gives me something!

Any feedback from the developers on the timings issue/schedule would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Robindegrote

Robindegrote New Member

Managing the timetable is impossible. Also a timetable on the side of the screen/map in the menu would be very, very usefull

3. 410nick

410nick Member

Here's a link to a timetable I use. In case anyone needs it. Sometimes the trains can arrive a bit late, but it's expected in real life as well. Also I think the reason for the delays are because of the waiting times in between arrivals. Someone who rides those trains in real life mentioned that they don't idle at the stations. They unload, load and continue. That also adds to the delay in the game. They might release an option for Xbox one where you can shorten wait times. Hope this helps

http://tswtimetableonline.azurewebsites.net

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Might be because the frame rates drop and slows down performance, whilst the clock is unaffected as it's controlled differently by the system

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cheyney1874

Cheyney1874 New Member

Frame rate drops cannot push me back as late as I’m achieving (or not).

The service on loading should give you a minute or so to get sorted, even rushing and getting going immediately gives you little to no chance of getting to first stop on time. You can’t even make up any time by shortening your loading time, that’s me due in to Slough at 1141 but I’m only leaving West Drayton at 1139. 2 minutes to get over 5 miles, that’s unlikely in HST already at full speed without stopping!! There’s clearly an issue with the acceleration, it can’t just be frame rate.

It’s putting me off playing as it’s a bit disheartening to be so late all the time! Saying that it’s realistic is a bit of a stretch, most trains I get are on time, on time isn’t an option here!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

It's all about practise and learning the ability of the unit you're driving. It has taken me about 6 hours to get my stopping sorted in the 166.

I neutral at 1.0 mile from the station, coast to 1000 yards then apply Level 1 brake, at 500 yards if I'm still over 50mph I'll apply Level 2 until the end of the platform, I'm aiming to enter the station at 30mph with level 1 brakes on. Apply Level 2 again at 75 yards and voilà.

7. Cheyney1874

Cheyney1874 New Member

Bryer, it’s nothing to do with my stopping, I’m stopping fine, no overshooting or slowing too quick. I’m already late before I’ve started to apply the brakes and I’m flat out from last stop. What are you using? I’m on Xbox One S.

8. Cheyney1874

Cheyney1874 New Member

Carried out a test, watched this video...

Which as you will see is an official review of the West World scenario, yes on PC but trains are trains and the scenario is the exact same starting at 1900hrs on both PC and Xbox. I loaded the scenario on the Xbox and synced the above video with the clock at my end.

First thing I notice is that my train arrives about 30 seconds later.

Secondly, when my train eventually pulled out, the above video was clearly way ahead making much quicker progress and clearly accelerating faster (remember this is me comparing AI vs AI so no input from me or the other end, so driving skill isn’t coming into this at all).

Thirdly, the above video had arrived, loaded passengers and started to move off just as I was arriving at the only stop prior to Paddington.

Finally and the most notable point, the above video has the AI train arriving into paddington at precisely 19:12:10. My train did t get in until 19:15:30!!!

Come on, even the AI train is a whole 3 minutes and 20 seconds slower on Xbox.

Feel free to carry out this test yourself!

I’m thinking that Dovetail need to improve the acceleration of the trains on the Xbox version. If it’s the same and the frame rate is having a part to play then they need to do something to compensate!!

I’m on the verge of looking for a refund already as it’s a pointless effort playing something that is is unachievable!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cheyney1874

Cheyney1874 New Member

Just to clarify, the clocks remained synced throughout.

10. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Using both one s and one X.

11. Cheyney1874

Cheyney1874 New Member

Well who knows, as per my post re the comparison to the video and several others having the same issue, it’s certainly more than just a ‘driver skill’ issue.

I hope that Dovetail can provide some reassurance of an update as otherwise a good game is proving rather pointless.

Frame rate issues should only affect PC users as there are so many variables in end users system specs. The whole point in this being available on Xbox is surely to alleviate the issue of people who don’t have a powerful enough PC.

No one seems to have this issue on the PC version so it’s deffo an issue with their ‘optimisation’ from PC to Xbox. Teething issues are expected but this is a pretty basic thing I would have thought would have been tested. I will however await an update from Dovetail as to whether I’m missing a trick or there is an issue.

12. Markerson

Markerson Member

Whilst I'm not glad to see people are having an issue with this, it at least means I'm not the only person having real problems with this.

It started to rear its head especially on the Services option and initially I thought I wasn't accelerating properly on the class 166 as I was often missing each stop by 2 then 4 then 6 minutes etc. Then I started on the class 43 on the 1C01 London Paddington to Swansea.

I've restarted this scenario several times and it's impossible to meet the arrival time, it's just a straight run with no stopping points either. Actually reaching the 125mph (I barely reach 90mph at the 125mph marker) takes an age and I'm always about 8.5 miles away at the expected arrival time of 0547 best arrival time I can manage is 0554. I've tried different throttle settings and nothing makes the acceleration faster.

13. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

Glad to see I'm not alone. I've posted my findings on another thread on here.... I done a side by side pc/xbox test today and was pretty gobsmacked. I'd be surprised if they haven't seen this at DTG, one service I ran I arrived 13 minutes later than the PC version did!! 13 minutes!!

14. Cheyney1874

Cheyney1874 New Member

Well let’s hope that DTG have an answer, a good game ruined otherwise.

15. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Guys, it's an early access game... Give them a chance and stop being so negative. If they replicate it, I'm sure they will work to resolve it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

U can stay on time its perfecting the driving.....in a HST i can get from london to reading in 23minutes, so arriving between 3-5 mins early in most cases.....with the class 166 i tend to be between a minute early and a minute late, so HST are alot easier to be ontime but just perfect the driving and braking and youll get there, the 166 has awesome brakes you only need to break harsh from 600yards out or 300yards if ur doing 60 or below.

17. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

That's actually within the acceptable "lateness" levels.

I'll just leave this link here. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....te-train-new-data-lift-lid-tardy-service/amp/

18. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

What makes you think it’s an early access game? I haven’t seen that advertised anywhere.

19. Cheyney1874

Cheyney1874 New Member

I appreciate that ‘perfecting’ your driving skill will help but when the Xbox AI trains are slower than those in the same scenario of the PC version and several people on here are having the same issue it’s is clear that driving skill is not what this is all about. Side by side tests are proving that there is some kind of issue so whilst I am sure we can all get a little better, your smarty pants comments are not all that relevant! Thanks for the tips however!

20. Cheyney1874

Cheyney1874 New Member

Oh come on!!! So DTG decided to shake up an already decent game where you can happily stick to the timetable in favour of a over the top ‘it’s acceptable to the be late’ (all the time) version for the Xbox... me thinks not!!

I am more than happy to wait on a response from
    DTG, what I’m not wanting is those who are sitting all smug trying their hardest to make out that all of us who are having proven issues are wrong!! You’re like poor attempts at trolls! If you’re finding your experience all shiny and wonderful, why are you even on this thread??

21. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

The game is in an unfinished state that they advised it was prior to you buying it. This ISN'T the PC gaming era for fixes, it's the Xbox One one. A patch cannot just be rolled out to fix the issues overnight. There is weeks of approval process with Microsoft.

DTG don't have to reply, and they probably won't reply to every thread in relation to the bugs. They are all having a well earned weekend off I'd imagine, ready to come in to the office and start squashing bugs. I'd imagine they have already got a patch that is in the final stages of the approval process with Microsoft, that they submitted once the "Release Candidate" went to Microsoft.

If you play or have researched the PC version, their build number is currently over 100, whereas the Xbox version is running version 40. While DTG maybe running different build numbers between Xbox and PC, however I'd imagine that they are keeping them the same due to UWP, or simplified feature tracking.

I can live with running late, it happens in real life. Get over it. If you don't enjoy it, don't play it, and come back after a few patches, however you need to accept that your thread will be noted at DTG, but you probably won't get a reply.

Founders Edition is a posh name for early access. That's why we've only got 1 route and we get a discount on the finished product.
    If you want to know where a train stops and stuff (while I admit it would be handy on screen or within the game) this is really helpful and what I run by https://assets.train-simulator.com/app/uploads/2017/09/08133846/TSW-GWE-Service-Mode-Timetable.pdf

I just looked in the manual, destinations boards are hot key'ed to (HOLD) D-Pad UP. I can confirm this doesn't appear to work at the moment, unless I'm doing something wrong.

PS - Have you tried slamming the C166 in to forward 4 when leaving a station? I ask as that appears to give AI levels of acceleration out of the station.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Well not quite, no. The concept of a finished product with DTG is a tricky one. Each route and locomotive release comes as paid DLC and you'll have to pay for them as well.

As part of your full edition for the Xbox though you should be getting Rapid Transit and possibly NEC at a heavy discount to bring you into parity with the PC. Also worth keeping in mind there's a lot planned for TSW that's still in development; Passenger Information System (which will populate those destination boards), a modular cargo system, scenario tools, multiplayer and so on. As the Dev's have been saying; this is the start of a journey.

You've made compelling arguments that the Xbox version is running slower than our PCs and I don't doubt that Dev's have taken notice.

23. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

It looks to me as if there is calibration issue between speed and distance within the game on xbox.

In the real world 60 mph (miles per hour) would mean 60 miles distance in 1 hour (60 minutes).
    This would mean each mile should take 1 minute.
    If you double the speed to 120 mph, then the time should be halved to take 30 seconds to cover one mile.

In the game, I left the HST Class 43 on full throttle after leaving Paddington and the highest speed it would eventually get to is 132mph.
    Using the in game clock, and distance markers, even at 132mph the time taken to cover one mile was 44 seconds all along the route.

So even a crude calculation based on 120mph, the game is taking at least 14 seconds to long per mile on xbox.
    Therefore you have zero chance of running to the timetable.

It has potential to be a great game and hoping this calibration issue is going to be fixed quickly, otherwise I to will be requesting a refund.
    You wouldn't expect a racing game where lap times are unachievable, so just because trains sometimes run late its not really an acceptable excuse for TrainSim for a basic functionality to be reasonably in-accurate.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Trainmania100

Did the drag line scenario last night and Suprisingly I was 6 minutes early arriving in to old oak common for 1015

25. Jstlufc

Jstlufc New Member

Another one here who can't keep to time. Express Reading to Paddington, line speed all the way, greens galore and still 7 minutes late into Paddington?!!

26. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

Scenarios are working fine here, so that’ll keep me busy till they fix the issue with service mode. A bit of a shame really, after looking forward to it, my experience of the game has been slightly ruined because of the bug.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

Yes, running late obviously happens in real life but the game shows a green tick or a Red Cross at the end of the service, suggesting I’ve done something wrong. I haven’t, I’m getting a cross because of the bug in the game.

I don’t see founders edition as early access, I see founders edition as the base game for Xbox. IF this was early access, I would expect DTG to make that clear because that would tell me to expect bugs. I don’t expect a huge bug like this to be present. I’ve no issues with the scenarios so I’ll play them until it’s fixed or go back to my PC version which appears far superior to Xbox, not to mention it actually works properly.

• Like Like x 1
  28. DeBrief

DeBrief New Member

• Like Like x 1
  29. Goldenshrimpy

Goldenshrimpy New Member

I also am not sticking to the time table even speeding from the get go 18 miles and i get in 2 to 3 mins late then i have 10 mins to get another 17 miles just not happening is it..... Now don't get me wrong i am enjoying the game i have loged hrs upon hrs .... I have played most of the train sims on the market so im use to playing these game hopefully they will bring a patch in the next few i think its great they have made the move to console up next flight sim

30. Goldenshrimpy

Goldenshrimpy New Member

Yes me and my friend did some testing last night and your bang on there we got pretty much the same calculations as you

31. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I did some testing last night myself, just curious those of you having issues could you let me know your setups.

1.) Model of Xbox
    2.) Installation location (internal or external)
    3.) Remaining storage on your Xbox.

My testing showed issues when the game was installed on the internal hard disk of the machines, yet minimal issues on external drives.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  32. Jstlufc

Jstlufc New Member

Xbox One S, Internal installation with 200gb of space left for me. Oddly you'd have expected external drives to perform worse.

33. Trainmania100

Ok there's definately timetable issues in service mode. I was thrown in a 166 from reading to Paddington full speed the whole way and was 15 minutes late.

34. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

No that's incorrect. The internal drives in the Xbox One and One S have issues with the bandwidth on the board. You get better loads times etc from external as usb 3.0 has more bandwidth available.

35. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

Xbox One S
    Internal
    129GB free

I'll transfer it to my external and see if that does anything.

36. Jstlufc

Jstlufc New Member

Interesting to know, thanks. If it works for others I'll have to try and dig an external drive out.

37. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Anything to report? Has it made any difference?

38. Jen8Bri

Jen8Bri New Member

Also just transferred to external. Be back in an hour or so with a report

39. Markerson

Markerson Member

I'm running on external hdd installation and have found it impossible to meet timetables in services Scenarios seem much more realistic to achieve.

40. Jen8Bri

Jen8Bri New Member

No luck with services still on the external. Can't even come within a minute on a 2.3 mile hike. Still have fairly noticeable frame drops and stops. Will do a hard reset and see if that helps at all. Definitely going to need addressed with an update though.

41. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

I’ve transferred but not checked, I was told to turn my Xbox off by my other half.... :mad:. I’ll report back tomorrow .

• Like Like x 1
  42. 410nick

410nick Member

Okay guys I've done a bit of playing myself and did discover an issue with the timetable. One example was a train was supposed to depart from Paddington to reading on platform 11 around 1730. Instead there was a train on platform 13 that didnt depart till about 10 minutes later. It never showed up. Then there are 2 HST's that are scheduled to depart from Paddingtons platforms 2 and 3 at 1200. I rode platforms 2 entire trip because it was supposed to arrive 2 minutes earlier at reading than the second train. I was scheduled to arrive at 1227 but didn't reach the station until almost 10 minutes later. The A.I. was driving. There are some instances where I know the schedule of the train but it never arrives at the station. Hopefully it will get patched soon.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  43. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

No, that hasn't made a difference. 11 late into Reading! I'll just hold off till they fix it.

44. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Could you give me the service number of the one you did as part of this test please with the season and time of day? I want to try it and see if I can replicate it being late.

45. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

This morning I've tried 1G11 to Cheltenham Spa.

Other services I've tried are 1C01. 1C03, 1A05, 1K34, 1L50, 5C21, 1C21.

46. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Are you jumping straight into these from the menu or are you joining them from the "free roam"?

They are all HST's right?

Are you going through the loading and unloading process at the start of the run?! If you are, that is the reason you're running so far behind. The timetable is loading it in that all loading and unloading has been done. You just need to fire up the engine and go. Agreed that it shouldn't load in expecting you to depart when the engine start up hasn't been done, but that takes about 30 seconds to complete.

Just doing the 1G11 now. Will let you know times.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  47. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

1G11 was from the menu, the others were some from spawning and some the menu.

Yep, all HST's.

No, I've played long enough on TSW to know what to do :)

48. russianchip

russianchip Guest

How did they get on in the launch stream? Did they run a timetabled service, if so then someone who helped develop it should get a good run.

49. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Right, not sure what you're doing different to me, however this is markers I noted at times etc.

Xbox One S with 2TB external drive and 360gb free on the internal. Loading straight in to the train
    • Departed Paddington about 30 seconds after timetabled departure time due to having to fire up the engines.
    • Had 25 miles to go at 07:48:33
    • Had 20 miles to go at 07:52:48
    • Had 15 miles to go at 07:56:56
    • Had 10 miles to go at 08:01:22
    • Had 5 miles to go at 08:06:12
    • Arrived at 08:13:50
    Xbox One S with 2TB external drive
    • Departed on time as I loaded game in at 07:30, spent 6 minutes getting train ready for departure.
    • Had 25 miles to go at 07:43:59
    • Had 20 miles to go at 07:48:23
    • Had 15 miles to go at 07:53:40
    • Had 10 miles to go at 07:58:00
    • Had 5 miles to go at 08:03:33
    • Arrived at 08:06:21

Xbox One X with 2TB external drive and 400gb free on the internal - Loading straight in to the service
    • Departed Paddington about 30 seconds after timetabled departure time due to having to fire up the engines.
    • Had 25 miles to go at 07:42:33
    • Had 20 miles to go at 07:47:48
    • Had 15 miles to go at 07:52:56
    • Had 10 miles to go at 07:55:22
    • Had 5 miles to go at 08:00:12
    • Arrived at 08:03:50
    It looks like there is an issue when jumping straight into the service on the Xbox One S and the game having to load all other data in to the game as you're going along desyncs the game clock and the CPU clock, so you in theory lose time. I last saw this in the original Project Cars game when the more AI drivers you had the slower the game ran.

50. Trainmania100

Would be grateful if the staff could provide some support for this issue. Any ideas guys?