C2c Route Suggestion

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Mctrain face, Feb 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Mctrain face

Mctrain face Active Member

Fenchurch Street London to Southend Central. Would be a fantastic route to see

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

As I like to do when I see something without much context, I looked up the context.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London,_Tilbury_and_Southend_Railway

Route as advertised. Continued to Shoeburyness with a spur to Pig's Bay (I'm NOT making that up). Some stations are shared with the Hammersmith & City Line, also shared by the District Line. Limehouse Station is shared with the Dockends Light Railway.

From what it seems on Wikipedia, it looks like the shared stations with the District Line are stations that are now closed on the requested line. So it seems to me you'd be requesting to backdate this line to a day where those stations still served this line. Those include Plaistow, Upton Park, East Ham, Bromley-By-Bow, Becontree, Dagenham East, and Hornchurch. It seems now passengers would transfer at Barking and Upminister to this line and continue to the stations that still use this line. I do not know if those lines cross over between each other at any time or not, so I can't say whether it makes sense to create the Hammerhead and District Line section to Aldgate East, where they split apart. Based on the Wikipedia mapping, they don't connect. I base this on a removed connection to the Dockends line meaning they also now don't connect. So it would be good to know whether you are suggesting this line as-is today, or whether you are suggesting the line should be backdated to an earlier time.

Rolling stock include the Class 357 and Class 387. If the underground lines get produced in part with this, they use S7 stock, which already exists at Just Trains for the Metropolitan Line.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Between Bromley-By-Bow and Upminster, the LTSR and District line run parallel to each other. Tower Hill tube station is right next to Fenchurch Street. The stations currently served by the District were once served by the LTSR (I believe those services were withdrawn in the 60s), but LTSR passengers change at Upminster and Barking as you said. There's no longer a physical connection between the two.

For me, I'd like to see this route if it's the whole LTSR, that is London - Shoeburyness via Basildon & Southend, London - Southend via Ockendon & Grays and London - Grays via Dagenham

• Like Like x 3
  4. Cyclone

Blacknred81 I see you deleted your post. I presume it was not important? Didn't see it in time.

5. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

What? I didnt post in here.

6. Cyclone

Whoops. Ignore that. I misread my notifications list. My apologies.

7. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

The London Tilbury & Southend line I would Like to see this line from Shoeburyness & Grays to Fenchurch street brings stations that
    West Ham Upminster to the Game

• Like Like x 1
  8. nexn98

nexn98 New Member

What are you talking have no idea what you are saying you just need to stop spamming

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

First post on this thread is hardly spamming.
    nexn98 you could add LT&S to your Suburban London route. How's that going BTW?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. SJA

SJA Active Member

As long as it doesn't interfere with the plethora of new train builds and the construction of the entire Thameslink + South Eastern. I was looking forward to that for this Easter...

• Like Like x 1