Update Problem Again

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by michael hooley, Feb 4, 2021.

1. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

The latest update has broken the sim again, will not start unreal engine crash to the desktop. this has happened on the last 3 updates. now class 45 and class 47 missing from Northern Trans Pennine, validating files has lead to a 11.4 Gig download, hoping this cures it as it did last time.

What is causing this?.

Mike

2. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Not sure what might be causing your problems with the updates. Always mystified when I read of such problems since I have never experienced any such in my updates of TSclassic, CSX Heavy Haul, TSW, TSW2020 and TSW2 over the years and never had had DLC go missing.

My only guess would be a faulty compressed file because of a flaky connections... but that should fail in the decompression and just trigger a re-download . Antivirus would be a suspect but only to stop the install, but not selectively remove DLC.

Will be interested to see what the cause could be and why is isn’t affecting most others if it is a Steam problem.

• Like Like x 2
  3. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

After the verify it downloaded 11.4 gig twice without me doing anything. the sim now seems to be working ok. like you I have had no problems before , it is only the last 3 downloads.

Mike

4. Dominik Tuchowicz

Dominik Tuchowicz Member

Do not play Steam games when Steam is updating stuff and also do not cancel, switch off Steam or PC while it is doing it. That way games are keeping in healthy condition. Also be careful with Defrag software.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

When Steam downloads an update, some files are deleted, some are replaced or overwritten and some new files are added. Sounds like your downloads are incomplete, so that you are losing some files. Assuming it's not your internet connection, I'd be tempted to reinstall the steam app. Look on Steam Support.

• Like Like x 1