More Functionality On 375/377

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jackmc2007, Feb 5, 2021.

1. jackmc2007

jackmc2007 Active Member

Hey Everyone,

I was thinking last night about the key binds on the 375, we have a signal bell on the B key but we never get 2 on the bell from a guard. I was then wondering about having the DRA on the keyboard. Using the Y key, Like AP? It would be cool to see.
    Also, on the TMS. Having more screens to be able to toggle saloon lighting on/off. Having trains in the depots with saloon lights on doesnt look right.

Let me know what you think :)

Jack

• Like Like x 2
  2. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

With regards to saloon lights, on modern multiple units, you’re unable to turn off saloon lighting. So even on empty coaching stock, lights in the coaches will be left on. The only way to turn them off would be to switch off auxiliaries (battery) at the depot or possibly go to each individual coach’s cupboard and flick the MCB for lighting. We don’t even switch off auxiliaries at the depot. We simply drop the set off and it’s up to maintenance staff to do whatever they like with it until we collect it in the morning. To be honest, modern lighting is so efficient there is very little need to turn them off.

I’d agree with you though that it would be nice to see more functionality of the TMS. Such as
    1. Having to sign in and enter headcode
    2. Stopping pattern displayed and station stop alerts
    3. Train status and systems (including faults)
    4. Passenger loading
    5. Other features such as back up speedometer, SDO status, etc... (will depend on traction)

• Like Like x 6
  3. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

It would be nice if the cameras worked for the doors

• Like Like x 1
  4. jackmc2007

jackmc2007 Active Member

True, all of them would be cool to see. Regarding the saloon lighting I thought you are able to toggle them on the MITRAK on the electrostars. My Bad. I do know however that there is a MCB on the back wall for the saloon lights

5. chris-penny

chris-penny Active Member

Totally agree. It would be nice to use the cruise control in the class 375, because not even that is operational.

6. jackmc2007

jackmc2007 Active Member

The 375s speed set is disabled in real life.