Southeastern High Speed - Available Today!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Feb 4, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

TSW2 SEHS Social Assets In_game_loading_screen_Out_Now_ENG_1920x1080.jpg Available today is our newest route Southeastern High Speed, read here for more information.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 18
  2. iMarkeh

iMarkeh New Member

I have the original TSW on Steam and this addon isn't appearing. If I search for it in the Steam Store, it tells me I have to specifically have TSW2. Is this correct?

• Like Like x 1
  3. JAAK

JAAK Member

You need TSW 2 for this addon yes. Also the release is at 6 pm utc . You can't download it before 6 pm.

• Like Like x 2
  4. iMarkeh

iMarkeh New Member

Why won't it work on the older TSW? Is it not like the normal Train Simulator whereby each 'year' it gets rereleased and the addons all work?

This means for me to have this addon, it will cost basically £50.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JAAK

JAAK Member

you could wait for the next steam sale on 11th february.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

If you did take the trouble to follow the discussions on TSW2 and the reasons behind, you know why it was decided to stop developing TSW2020. TSW2 is not very expensive when it is on sale (you just missed one) and you could have got some interesting and good routes.Your old TSW2020 are not lost. For most of them you get a free copy for TSW2.

• Like Like x 4
  7. iMarkeh

iMarkeh New Member

I didn't follow the discussions as I don't come on the forum much.

I think it's bad considering that they did backwards compatibility for years with Train Sim. Now they want people to pay again just to get updates for existing routes and new routes despite the base game being very similar. Sounds a lot like a scam to me.

• Like Like x 4
  8. JAAK

JAAK Member

You get 2 new Routes (Köln-Aachen and Bakerloo line) so i don't see this as a scam. But if you think it is too expensive wait a week and you will get it about 30% off. Or you stop playing it :D

• Like Like x 4
  9. Dominik Tuchowicz

Dominik Tuchowicz Member

It's what I was moaning about when it released.
    TSW2 is a rewrite of how sim handles routes and trains, let's say better for DTG, they added newer UE4 engine version so 4k and up scaling, added train adhesion and abandoned old routes and old TSW so no more patches for older stuff.
    Old routes are being made, most already done available for TSW2. But it isn't revolution.
    ICE and Bakerloo Lines are nice (coming with TSW2). They wanted to abandon patching old stuff, wanted some money return from patching so we got a new version a while ago with same file structure program wise....

Getting back to new UK route is looks so promising with 250 services can be great.
    Let's hope it is not copy paste as it was in half of TGV route.

10. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

three if you didnt have it before

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

How to correctly set up AWS/TPWS on the Class 395 Javelin?
    I get an emergency brake on a green light when starting out of Faversham.

Seems to me I may be missing something.

12. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Just done the route introduction, landed in the trainbow train :D

Bug: When I skipped through part of the HUD introduction (the signal part) the prompt to "Press E to continue" got stuck on the screen and wouldn't go away until the end of the intro.

• Like Like x 3
  13. www.ninjadiabel

www.ninjadiabel New Member

Great Britain again. There are so many nice routes and still the same countries in updates.

14. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

What’s the difference between the 2 livery’s you can select on the 375

15. danistarwars

danistarwars Active Member

Can anyone tell me what de dlc are for the layers, in stream they said they should list it but can't seem to find it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Forzaboy4

Forzaboy4 Member

66 is ECW
    Railtours are NTP

17. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

So, not sure if you know this but it doesn't show up on xbox when you log on or going to the store and searching for it. The link worked but otherwise you can't find it.

18. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Why do you need ECW for the class 66 freight services. GWE has 66s.

Dare I suggest this is a money grabbing exercise as you need to buy ECW as a separate DLC but anyone with TCW2020 already has it?

19. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    In the SEHS Manual available on the Steam Website, the first section "Introducing Southeastern High Speed" has the text taken from the "LGV Mediterranean" manual.
    Mike.

20. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Well, I'd appreciate some more Freight scenarios, one is a tad lacklustre, especially without even a return journey. Even so, still a fun route even though I've only done the Chatham lines section it still felt like a fairly nicely distanced route, lookong forward to exploring the rest of the route soon.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Grob

Grob New Member

I think 1 of the liveries contains the services the 465 will cover.

• Like Like x 1
  22. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

They did say on one of the streams that more services are coming ( i think they said 7 in total) there was just an issue with Hoo Junction they needed to fix in a patch first. TrainSim-Matt - may be able to confirm more..

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. marcjmurray

marcjmurray Member

24. marcjmurray

marcjmurray Member

Hello I hope someone in dovetail reads this the new South Eastern route I feel was rushed and put out not finished with bugs and sounds missing and the tunnels are really bad. Then Sam and matt said would be a day one patch but no PATCH just left I am really sad I love this game I ended up playing the HST 43 LAST NIGHT. SAM KEEPS SAYING THAT DOVETAIL ARE LISTENING WELL I TRIED TO PUT ACROSS MY VIEWS ON LIVE STREAMS BUT NOT ANSWERED NOT HAPPY.

• Like Like x 4
  25. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Oh no

Suggest whatever you want. ECW is in the Tsw2 deluxe bundle and is the newer route. Just because it does not please you does not mean the Devs are devilish on purpose.
    Consider this, freight was not even planned for this route in the first place and only got added after community feedback.

if you only hear what you want to hear that is your fault. They have Said countless times that it will not be a day one patch, but will be coming in a time frame of about 1 week. All caps does not make your point stronger by the way.

Also how egocentric is it to say that because your views on certain points were not talked about on stream the Devs are not listening? Who are you to demand an answer for anything you ask?
    I dare to say that the short term implementation of layers, extra services, change to ballast color and addition of a fence within a week to release of the dlc, all added because of community feedback, is the best example of them listening.

• Like Like x 5
  26. junior hornet

It’s not that it doesn’t suit me. I have ECW. I’m just wondering why you have to have ECW when class 66s are in GWE as well. Maybe I was a bit devilish with my second paragraph but I would like an answer to a straightforward question.

27. junior hornet

It’s not personal that they don’t answer your questions in a stream. I’ve asked questions, some have been picked up and answered, some not. Have you seen how fast they go through. They can’t possibly read and respond to them all.

McLitke - To be fair, Sam did say in the Festival of Trains stream that there would be a day one patch. It’s only later that they said it would be shortly after (and he did say it would be days rather than weeks so hopefully in the next few days). MarcJMurray may not have seen these streams.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  28. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

There is kind of backward compatibility for the DLC, because they are transferred, which is a lot of work. SEH has new features that cannot work on TSW2020. the way DTG handled this, is not bad into the opinion of a lot of people. Your complaint is far to late to be worth a discussion. and it is pointless, because it will not change anything. You better find out first what is going on instead of complaining here half a year after the event you are not happy about.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Doesn't it use the wagons that came with ECW as well, so it has to use ECW as GWE does not have suitable wagons.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Tank621

Is this a new advert? Might be a hint for the future.

It was the first thing I noticed in the tutorial at St Pancras.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  31. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

32. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

So what?
    I don't see the connection with the line.
    And here is TSW2

33. B3N

B3N Active Member

its an easter egg, from the old game (this is what Matt said, I dont know what it means)

• Like Like x 2
  34. Tank621

St Pancras was once the LMS London teminus. The Black Fives themselves were designed by Stanier for LMS with 842 being built. 18 survive into preservation and I do think they would make for a good choice for a first steam loco, they are not too small to be of particular interest and are an icon of the LMS and BR but are not as big and famous as the Princesses or A3s and A4s. The prevailing view seems to be that Dovetail will avoid the big famous steam locos for their first and the Black Five is a good option for their first imo. Plus of course the SouthEastern is the first new route after steam was announced so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a little tease in there somewhere. Though, as you say B3N, it is just an Easter Egg, it is still a fun reference to the bygone days of St Pancras and the LMS. To be honest I wouldn't expect DTG to explicitly tell us if it meant anything in particular or not.

I will however refrain from being overzealous in my expectations, and not say that it *will* be the first steam locomotive. However, I thought the class or similar would be a likely first choice, and with the hints we have the Black Five seems to me as the most likely option in my mind. It is a versatile locomotive with plenty of options for both period and preserved running.

TLDR: I enjoy rampant speculation :cool:

35. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The black five is a steam train and could be the first steam train in the game so the image could be a easter egg for the first steam train to come to tsw2

• Like Like x 2
  36. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I am really enjoying this route from driving the high speed services with the 395 or the stop and go 375 services, I think the 51 mile route has some great scenery and a great mix of grades. Knowing when your driving the 395 and having the knowledge for having to switch the power from the pantograph to the 3rd rail is a great little addition that adds a lot to the route. All around I’m very happy with the direction DTG have taken TSW2 and I’m excited to see what they add to this route in the future!

• Like Like x 6
  37. taybarker20

I’m very surprised to see that they didn’t include the 4tpd services to Maidstone from st pancreas and the London to Dover Priory services splitting and coupling at faversham

• Like Like x 2
  38. fiobhaniar

fiobhaniar New Member

This route really impressed me. Hell, it blew my socks off. The length of the route, variety of scenarios and trains, the detail - it all comes together to make it very satisfying and enjoyable.

Please, please - more like this!

• Like Like x 5
  39. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

"Why the Class 66 from ECW?" - Well, we had to pick something... Not everyone has GWE either. The ECW 66 I believe is the latest and best implementation of it, and was always going to be the first one that received livery designer support was well. Not being 100% sure where we got to with back porting stuff from the ECW 66 I felt it safest to go with the latest and greatest 66 and use the wagons it comes with. When we pick which addons to reference in layers, it's entirely down to which ones we think most people have OR the ones we think will offer the best experience.

"More freight services" - Should be coming at some point. There were 8 in total that were authored for it (bear in mind in reality there isn't actually a ton of freight on the line anymore anyway) - but an issue was identified with a signal at Hoo Junction that rendered the yard inoperable too late so 7 of them had to be removed, leaving the only one left that didn't go into Hoo. This has been fixed, and the other freight services are now working so it's a matter of going through the release cycles to get them out. Plenty of variety in there though including some 66-supershunting and a run-around.

Matt.

• Like Like x 15
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Any idea of a timescale when a patch will come out for SEHS to fix the tunnel lighting issues, as well as various other bugs experienced TrainSim-Matt?

• Like Like x 3
  41. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt
    Can you please make finally the DB BR 425 Available on Main Spessart Bahn and Ruhr Sieg Nord, where this Train Drive in real life MSB and on the past RSN.

• Like Like x 2
  42. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I like that route very much. It brings the 5 th highspeed train to TSW. This nice train the Javelin has additional safety systems with the TVM and KVB like the TGV Duplex. It's very nice to have a train that can run with both overhead electric power and 3rd rail. The Electrostar looks very good with the blue livery. The stations and the landscape looking very nice. The U-Boat/Submarine at Chatham makes the dlc als very realistic. And I'm very happy about the implementation of the 66 and can't wait till we will get the additional 7 services including supers hunting. And at least it's nice to see the arrival of the 20 in the rail tour services.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  43. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It would be cool to get the 425 in the msb and rsn timetable

• Like Like x 1
  44. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

What does this have to do with Southeastern High Speed? create a seperate topic for that.

• Like Like x 9
  45. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

Hi!

Sometime this happens. I've had to restart the introduction on other routes, and then they work. When you know what to do, you sometime run to fast and it gets stuck. You just have to roll your thumbs and wait. This is MY experience, anyway.

By the way I also stumbled into the Trainbow on introduction. Did not stuck this time.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  46. Bertil Persson

Somt
    Hi!

It is the best route. All kinds of railway challenges. The Railtours should be on all British routes, even Tees Valley, so you can run a traditional passenger train. And I would like railtours with the Class 101, maybe not on the faster tracks. (I think Sam would too.;))

And this was as far as I got to Dovetail office.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  47. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

So we ever going to get access in scenario mode to Hoo Yard or is it all just for show?

• Like Like x 2
  48. Bertil Persson

Didn't they speak about more freight trains in the latest TSW show on Southeastern? My memory is failing.

• Like Like x 1
  49. jiroo92

jiroo92 Member

I think Matt said that there will be 8 freight services in timetable mode after the next update including some shunting at Hoo Junction.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. taybarker20

When approaching Stratford and ebbsfleet international isn’t the tvm ment slow you down to 80 instead of 100 then shutting off

• Like Like x 2