Bug Report Sehs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Adamgrant3, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Adamgrant3

Adamgrant3 Active Member

Hi there guys

I have noticed a few things that are buggy with the new route when doing any Off the rails mode type of game play

1. Pantograph does not go down when you switching from Catenary to 3rd Rail (except 375 /395 Class)
    2. Destination boards don't display correct when using other trains. e.g. TGV
    3. the Load passengers (Top Left of screen) does not show and then shows next station
    4. Train is clipping platform (All trains except Class 375 and 395)
    What are your thoughts on this, I have completed a bug report to the devs

2. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Thoughts... Completely normal

Trains not built on/for this route and others specifically will likely have these issues

• Like Like x 6
  3. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

About the last one: German trains are wider than british trains, so it's nothing wrong here. Try GP38 or SD40 next time, they will do better for sure...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

When you are in Off the Rails mode expect issues....as you are using content not designed for the route

5. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I would not expect other trains from other countries to be in gauge for this route... as is in real life, nor would I expect the PIS system be able to handle foreign trains as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Good news there is, it's something they are looking to incorporate as they improve PIS - it was mentioned in one of their streams, don't ask me which one though!

7. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

It is discussed 2 minutes 20 seconds into the first SEHS stream that was done during the festival of rail. It reads off the route so even if you put the Javelin on HMA it will display those stations. I think the system is tied to the train rather than the route, and clearly the 375 doesn't have that system yet...

• Like Like x 1
  8. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Thanks that is good to hear-- must have missed that portion of the stream on the PIS -- but the gauge problems will remain...

9. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I just recently did a rail tour with class 45, and the class 45 was clipping a bit through the platform :/

10. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I just saw the PIS system in the 375 jumps destinations is steps of 2, instead of one by one when you try to select a new one.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  11. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

My computer is set to be always with the new system KM for speed, M for distance, and in this train set after the power change the distance for the new speed is still correct, but the speed is one that has nothing to do with what the next speed will be like at some point it was show to be 15, but the HUD red-dot max speed indicator was way higher than that after there was a speed change

12. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

Trivial point, really, but when you enter (from the St Pancras end) the high speed section of the tunnel and the TVM goes to 225, the HUD shows 230kph (and you don't lose 'action points' (edit: actually 'gain fewer; rather than 'lose' action points) for speeding unless you exceed 230). Is this a bug or a feature?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  13. Cyklisten

I think that TVM just shows the max speed of Class 395 which is 225 km/h under AC, and 230 km/h on the HUD is the line speed?

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

For your information you never lose action points due to overspeed in any route, as far as I have seen, but just don´t add new ones. The logic behind scoring is more or less the following:

1) Drive below speed limit: +30 points every ~400m
    2) Drive up to 5 km/h over limit: +15 points every ~400m
    3) Drive more than 5 km/h above limit: 0 points every ~400m

You also get points when arriving in time to stops and when departing in time. If you are late you get less points. I don´t know the exact formula but it´s like 500 points when in time and decreasing the later you arrive.

Some scenarios and services are bugged and you never get the gold medal no matter how perfectly you performed. It´s just impossible to add the total requested points. There´s a trick to solve it: drive forwards and backwards to add driving points (every 400m you get 30) ;) This is only a solution if you are really close to the gold, as you may need ages to add big amount of points.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

I believe the 500 points are related to the precision of the stop (0 miles), rather than the time of arrival.
    You can arrive late, you will still have your 500 points if you stop right on the marker.

16. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

That´s correct, but not all routes require precission stop for some reason. For instance in West Somerset it is required at all stops but in Bakerloo is required only in the tunnel stations. Outside the tunnel areas the timetable adhesion is what gives you the better scoring as you can stop at 100 yards and still get the higher score. Other routes don´t require any precission at all. I don´t know why it´s like that but it´s what I have seen so far. Anyway I normally don´t care about medals at all, but I was curious to check what was happening :D

The speed checking appears to be always the same in all routes (+30, +15 and +0 in constant distance intervals).

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  17. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

That sounds very plausible, thanks. My only quibble would be that the HUD usually reacts to the TVM limit, so if it's showing say 130 as you're approaching a station stop the HUD speedometer will display a yellow 'overspeed' segment if you're in excess of 130, even though the line speed is much higher - this doesn't happen (I think) with the 225/230 situation I described. I agree the 'next speed limit' section in the top right hand corner of the screen is based on line speed and doesn't reflect the TVM.

18. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The Railway Tour Must always the Doors on the wrong side

19. Cyklisten

I think that I just saw some passenger leaving an AI Javelin through closed doors on the wrong side of the train, it was at Rochester. But they disappeared when I got really near to the AI train.