No Other Trains

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by animus expert, Mar 9, 2018.

1. animus expert

animus expert New Member

I’ve been playing the scenarios and haven’t seen any other trains running down the line in the opposite direction

• Like Like x 1
  2. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Which scenarios?

3. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Are you sure you aren't confusing scenarios and services? Because scenarios certainly have the highest concentration of "other trains" everywhere.

4. animus expert

animus expert New Member

The scenario “down the line” only other trains I’ve seen are the other two in Paddington that you have the option of driving I guess I expected to see trains traveling in the opposite direction driving out. Make the world seem more realistic as the line is really busy in real life was just wondering if it could be a bug or the limitations of the console c

5. animus expert

animus expert New Member

Also the first one west world l think it’s called

6. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

It's an early morning service out of Paddington. You won't see much traffic at that time of day.

• Like Like x 2
  7. darkage

darkage Member

This and remember that DTG may not have reached a license agreement yet with other companies operating in the same area so it's nomal that other trains will be missing

8. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

The only other services running out of Paddington are Heathrow Connect and the Heathrow Express, and they would only go as far as Airport Junction, so they are negligible. You'd also have one Chiltern service at that time of the morning Monday to Friday, if you were lucky.

9. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Well, then there's also the many types of trains DTG does not have models for. It's not so much the operators that are the issue but the other types of trains GWR runs, like 165s and 378s and 800s, which are all not in TSW and therefore there are less GWR services in TSW than in real life.

(After looking into this more-yep, XBONE has less trains than PC even. Explains a lot, because I think traffic on the PC version was pretty decent.)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. WizzyGoatBoy

WizzyGoatBoy New Member

I’m also disappointed with the lack of trains visible in the services mode. I understand that DTC doesn’t have the licenses for other operators, but what would be the harm in chucking the GWR livery on some more class 66s and simulating traffic that way? Loving the game though, despite the early teething problems with the graphics etc. It’s monumentally addictive!

11. WizzyGoatBoy

WizzyGoatBoy New Member

Obviously I meant class 166s. Ahem.