PC Great Western Express Skeleton Timetable

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Mar 12, 2018.

1. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Looking at the current timetable online it looks and feels like a ghost railway with only four arrival/departures per hour from Reading at times. Really?

Even with a Sunday timetable there should be more services than this.

Now I know we don’t currently have the Class 165, 378 or 800 and I was thinking these paths were intentionally kept free so paths could be easily added in the future.

Though it really is unacceptable for a busy mainline like this to get so few amounts of trains. I’ve read Rapid Transit lacks other trains and services too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kuu Lightwing

Kuu Lightwing Active Member

Do you want your PC to die?

3. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

I agree, london paddington can have no trains inside for 15minutes, must be london after a zombie apocolypse lol

In all seriousness though, the graphics are top notch and ideas are top notch, but alot of realism is taken away with things like this, i just wished DTG would leave a thread telling us what DLC are being made and updated in future. Not even a case of telling us what they are doing to them but be nice to know if GWE is the finished product or if it will be worked on/extended/have future updates or is that it.

4. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I’m sure it’ll be okay if Train Simulator, which uses a much older game engine, can handle various A.I trains without crashing. For example, look at Armstrong Powerhouses’ scenario packs, which use real life levels of AI.

It’s simply down to how well the game is coded and optimised.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Kuu Lightwing

Kuu Lightwing Active Member

I'm pretty sure that someone said that they had to lower the number of cars on CSX trains because they had a significant impact on performance. From what I heard, old TS uses a much simpler model, so it's not a surprise if it's much less demanding.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Wait for new trains.. its not like they can build every day a train.. if train dlc comes the line will get more busy..

7. pdxmark77

pdxmark77 Active Member

I think we will see some upcoming DLC’s that add different trains and therefore adding to the timetable

• Like Like x 2
  8. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

hopefully when the editor comes along we be able to make our own service mode

• Like Like x 4
  9. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

Likely that this will be possible because scenario mode is basically just one big scenario.