Sehs Exploration Tour

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Alexandreo3, Feb 5, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Alexandreo3

Alexandreo3 Active Member

Disclaimer: Dont take these images as a critique or use them to form an opinion on the route.
    I bugged my camera outside the normal Gameworld ,the pictures I show here are all off the normal visible area.
    I bugged myself outside the play area purposefully because I originally wanted to finde the DTG HQ.
    I then simply continued to explore the world out of curiosity.
    I made this just as a joke.
    Please bear in mind that it is not realistic for a company to model everything outside the playable world.

The DTG HQ:
    I looked at Google Maps where their HQ is supposed to be.
    The white building on the left should be it.

The River Themes above Tunnel 3:

Queen Elizabeth II Bridge:

Southend Railway towards Southend:

Home of the future for every rail enthusiast with direct rail access:

Great Eastern Main Line towards Maryland Station:

Lea Valley Line towards Lea Bridge Station:

DLR at Stratford Int. Station:

Tunnel towards the Eurostart Depot:

Weird Sinkhole between Stratford and St. Pancras:

Exit of tunnel 1 toward St. Pancras:

Tunnel on the East Coast Main Line towards the north:

North London Line towards Camden Road Station:

Midland Main Line:

St. Pancras Station builiding from the street:

British Libary:

The Shard:
    The Shard is the weirdest thing for me.
    I have not really seen it before from the route but its still their very far away from all other assets.

If you are like me and allways wanted to know how the world lookms outside the normaly visible area I hope you are now satisfied.

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  2. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Yes I am like you, and I love the St Pancras building, the bridge also looks very nice. If they include a station in a route it absolutely should be explorable and detailed.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

So all these assets exist in SHS?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

Someone's put a lot of effort into modelling the St Pancras frontage - kudos, but a shame that it's never visible. It reminds me of medieval masons detailing cathedral sculptures that cannot be seen by the congregation: "God will see them!"

• Like Like x 4
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I wonder why so much detail on something we can’t even see. Seems a waste of effort.

• Like Like x 2
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I agree. These do look cool but it's a shame we can't see all of them because of all the invisible walls everywhere unfortunately to a point where some of these places seem like a waste of effort like the shard

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

20210203110501_1.jpg I already posted this in another Thread , i would are Kings Cross to the Exploration Tour. Its there because of is there in reality, but you cant see it . Unfortunately, there arent any Tracks, but i think you cannot expect that.
    The shard is one of the things you can see from the platforms at st. Pancras.(Unlike Kings Cross It completes the skyline, so props to DTG for adding it even If it is like a kilometer away.

• Like Like x 1
  8. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Well if that’s what dtg’s offices look like, it’s no wonder they’re all working from home.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

If this is in the area I think I remember (20 years ago) the Chatham docks area can be quite a picturesque and nice place to work.

10. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

I feel sorry for the person/people who put all that time in to detail the front of St pancras, to then realise that their beautiful artwork will never normally be seen... gutted!
    Also you can see the side of kings cross (the white semicircular bit) from inside st pancras. With the free roam camera you can fly past and above the ticket barriers and get the right angle to see it. Edit - just realised you can see it pretty easy from pretty much anywhere in the station. Perhaps I was thinking of something else when I wrote this ;P

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. tallboy7648

Maybe dtg can give people an option in game to turn off the invisble walls so we can see these landmarks up close. I think that would be cool because I do like looking around the area of the route and I think it would be cool.

12. tallboy7648

Lol

13. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I'm surprised they bothered to model the front of St Pancras, given it'll never be seen in normal gameplay.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Looking at St Pancras through a small gap in the fence by the ticket barriers, you can see the nice arch roof is there but you can also see that where the invisible walls are they haven't even put ballast on the lines. I wonder what it would take to at least make the rest of the station available in scenario planner.

• Like Like x 1