No Wet Platforms On Sehs?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Scorpion71, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

After seeing the wet platforms in LGV route and how well they were done, I was hoping to see these in SEHS. I have tried my settings on Wetness slider as Max, Precipitation slider more than halfway but the platforms are dry as a bone, well at Faversham anyway.

Am I missing something? or have these not been included? and if they have not been included, then WHY!?!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  2. hightower

hightower Guest

I agree...very conspicuous by their absence again.

Why so much made of them on the TGV route to then not include them on SEHS? Very strange.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Matt said we would see set platforms in upcoming routes as the systems were in place to enable this. Maybe they forgot to enable it.

4. hightower

hightower Guest

DTG Natster

Is this something that’s being addressed in the forthcoming patch?

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  5. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I don't believe this is something that will be coming with the next patch, no. But we are aware of it and it is on our list of updates to make.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. hightower

hightower Guest

That’s great, thanks for replying. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

This is interesting.
    On SKA, there was big fuzz about the dynamic PIS displays on the train. The routes released since (HMA, LGV, SEH) - nothing along those lines. SEH should have improved on that, but the 375 is wonky at best and the 395 doesn't work at all for me, neither on the train nor on the platforms for said train.
    On LGV, there was big fuzz about the wet platforms. It looked like a really nice and immersive feature. The route released after (SEH) - nothing.

I remember (I believe it was) Sam saying on the stream that they have something like 3 developing teams working on the routes. Is that a case of one group developing a really nice feature, but then the others don't know how it works or do not include it in the routes they are working on? So possibly, the next route that will be released will not have working level crossings? :( Or is this something that is put on Adams list to deal with from the very beginning?

• Like Like x 5
  8. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Well they also said that they waited for LGV to finish the TVM signalling so they could use it in SEHS so there are some things that cross-over, but not these other features.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Probably forgot to implement them

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Obviously just a speculation, but if this is the case indeed, then this is really bad workflow.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Yes of course, this is pure speculation, I have no insight in how DTG works. But I feel like the other options that pop into my mind are just worse :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

Ah good, with Natsters reply we can add this to our own "will never be fixed" list.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

"We could fix the non-wet platforms, but then we wouldn't have time to fix fences. We could fix the fences, but then we wouldn't have time to fix the skies. We could fix the skies, but then we wouldn't have time to fix passengers. We could fix the passengers, but then we wouldn't have time to fix [insert next item on the list here]".

• Like Like x 6
  14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

With new features they say they try them out in one DLC and see if they work well and go down well with the players. They may skip a couple of routes before becoming standard features after that. The wet platforms may come under that.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It seems quite a few new features are very inconsistent in being utilised. Why is this? Are the developers not aware that such feature exist or do they not have time to place it down?

• Like Like x 4
  16. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

I'd love to know too. DTG?

• Like Like x 1
  17. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

More to do with workflow from home I expect.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Only Aix-en-Provence has wet platforms actually.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  19. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I would love to know because the inconsistency is baffling. Isn't the whole point of new features is to add them to future content? It doesn't help when DTG don't give a clear answer as to why some of these features are missing in the first place instead of saying "we will put this issue on the never ending list of things that won't be fixed anytime soon"

• Like Like x 2