Roadmap Update - 26th January 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jan 26, 2021.

1. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I agree with this. DTG "test" the content they release and these sound issues could've been avoided pre release. Then it begs the question of was this product was tested in the first place. I mean all they had to do was transfer the sound from tsw2020 and tsw2 and test to see if it was working. Instead they "release it as it is" and now they had to get a new audio engineer and train him to fix the preserved collection trains which has taken a couple of months. This would've all been prevented if they would have properly tested these sound issues and fixed them pre release. Yes DTG are a small company but this could've all been avoidable in the first place as CK95 has said. Also the reason why the M3/M7 are getting audio issues fixed first is because they have had the most noise not just here on the forums, but I assume in the technical reports, kayako and discord because Sam says that some bug fixes get high priority over others depending on how many times (or the amount of noise) a particular issue gets. Also when you have a train that has it's sound cut out like the M7 which can be unplayable to some, it's gonna lead to alot of complaints. I've seen many complaints about the issue of the M7 and some have said it's unplayable for them. "Unplayable" is a very subjective word and is interpreted differently by some players. I think if these preserved collection trains had the same level of sound quality as in tsw2020, nobody would be complaining.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tallboy7648

Sound I believe is a very high priority and probably for the majority of players. Sound=Immersion and this is a simulator after all

• Like Like x 2
  3. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

OK, rather confused here. When I click to read the article, under "Next Arrival", I notice:-

▲[Improvement] Increased start/end points in the Scenario Planner for Great Western Express
    ▲[Improvement] Increased start/end points in the Scenario Planner for Northern Trans-Pennine

Now, when I look at the full list within this thread under "Next Release" there is no mention of this and after firing up TSW2 just in case it has been updated, I notice the Red Signal issue has been fixed on GWE (yay) so I thought I'd have a go on NTP planner and notice there is still only one path out of Leeds & Manchester - have the start and end points additions been delayed or have the new start/end points been placed somewhere pointless?

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The two lists are separated out so things won’t appear on both.

As this is in Next Arrival it will be included in an update at some time soon, expected to be before the next roadmap, but not guaranteed. I don’t think an update has happened yet so the start and end points won’t be available.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

I still havent been able to play with the Class 20 due to the horrific sounds - whats the effect called when you drive really fast with a window open? it just sounds like that and too me is unplayable and shouldnt be for sale.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tallboy7648

Wouldn't that be reverb I think. Im probably wrong

7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Are you sure that's true? My understanding is that the audio codec issue is a system-wide core problem, although it's more obvious with some locos than others. In other words, you can't single out a single loco to 'fix.'

8. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

They were confirmed on the last roadmap stream to be the first.

• Like Like x 1
  9. tallboy7648

It was mentioned on the roadmap stream and usually some bug fixes get prioritized over others depending on how much noise it gets from people on the fourms, kayako or discord. That's what sam usually says. I said why bugs sometimes get higher priority then others as well in the sentence that you partially quoted

• Like Like x 1
  10. solicitr

At least that's evidently what some believe.

11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

We also know that they have quite a few fixes that are good to go, but the dev team are limited by the release schedule because they don't want to impose gigabytes of downloads onto those with download limits.

• Like Like x 2
  12. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

"the more noise that we hear about it, the more urgent we treat it"

i'm paraphrasing but again, it was also covered in the last stream.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tallboy7648

Hey that's what sam says. It's not what some believe but if that's what dtg say then it's true

14. tallboy7648

This as well. It would be a pain to constantly download updates for one game

15. solicitr

That and the fact that an update to a particular route basically means re-downloading the entire route- it's not like you download a few lines of code which are somehow inserted into your existing installation. So it makes sense for DTG to wait until there are enough fixes, patches and changes for a route to make the update worth the bandwidth.

• Like Like x 1
  16. tallboy7648

Hopefully the next roadmap will have the sound issues on the M3/M7 sorted out so other trains will get fixed

• Like Like x 1
  17. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

And other people will hope their wishlist gets addressed first. So long as it's ON the list and therefore likely to be addressed, that's a good thing

18. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Still nothing about getting rid of the arcade pop-up menu for open/close doors on PC?

Matt said in the bakerloo release stream 'faceplant'.....'oh the team forgot, we was meant to add it in but i didnt remind them, we'll get it done soon'......months later still nothing?

I wouldnt mind but this small thing can change the whole experience of the game, having the arcade pop-up everytime and that annoying noise when you select which doors etc.....makes the game feel and look unrealistic.....I just want to be left alone to drive a train not have silly sounds and menu's pop up in the 'most realistic' simulator.

I asked sam in the roadmap stream and fairplay he did ask the tech guy......BUT then both just said 'oh thatll be the other team i dnt do that'.....but nothing to say hell ask or get it chased/done added to map or anything? just 'oh we dnt do that we hate that too'....helpful?

come on lads its so simple ive done THREE polls and every voter wants this changed, can we please get it added to roadmap or some feedback on this other than 'well ask the team' after another 3months?

thanks

• Like Like x 6
  19. tallboy7648

It seems either it's not a high priority or dtg responds with "we will ask the team 3 months later"

• Like Like x 1
  20. bschumacher#2597

bschumacher#2597 New Member

Anyone had issues with horns getting stuck on in Sandpatch grade ? On Ps 4

• Like Like x 1
  21. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Yes PLEASE. I really miss my simple keybind to open/close the doors without that ugly TAB-menu. It was added to console but 'simply forgotten' for PC, you'd think it'd be one of those things to be added to the next patch, but we've been waiting for an update for months without even any news or status on this, while it really looks like a fairly simple thing. I had hoped the whole raildriver/controller support would mean we could also bind our own keys with a basic keyboard, but still no news about a simple keybind to open the doors. You know, like good old Train Simulator has...

It looks like everyone in the DTG office has forgotten about this little useful thing, I've almost gave up hope. Please, DTG, add it to the roadmap.

• Like Like x 3
  22. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The Sound on Rapid Transit from the Talent 2 and BR 182 are terrible on TSW 2, Same with the loading Textures from the Tracks

23. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

It's a well documented bug across all platforms. There are several threads on this. A fix has been promised, but when no-one knows.

• Like Like x 1
  24. tallboy7648

I wonder why the horn gets stuck

25. Crosstie

Who knows? Eventually, it stops working completely and then, like the Flying Dutchman, it slowly comes out of nowhere, completely detached from a locomotive, moaning and then fading into the darkness.:)

• Like Like x 2
  26. tallboy7648

sometimes when I use the ac4400 the horn doesn't work when I use it too much which is odd. I wonder if that happens in reality

27. Crosstie

Like any other accessory, they will wear out or malfunction, but only after many years of use. Certainly not like it does on SPG, that's very unrealistic.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  28. tallboy7648

Well hopefully they will fix that

29. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

Another vote here for prioritising the audio fixes for the preserved collection. I would put this in the top 5 of all things DTG should be focusing on as it affects quite a lot of DLCs and personally, I would call it game breaking. I know it's not technically game breaking, but I honestly couldn't stand more than about 2 minutes driving Main Spessart Bahn after I bought it in the sale at Christmas and I haven't touched it since, and won't until the sounds are fixed. Pull your socks up DTG! It's all very well to release shiny new DLCs but it's not right to sell stuff that is broken and leave it broken for months.

• Like Like x 7
  30. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more! LIRR M7 audio right now is shambolic. Sometimes I can hear motor sounds, other times, complete silence. These audio bugs need to be prioritized since driving a train that makes no sound is immersion breaking.

• Like Like x 1
  31. tallboy7648

Having to hire and train a new audio engineer to fix preserved collection trains has made fixing audio for preserved collection trains take longer than anyone would want. It's DTGs fault for not releasing these trains properly and for it to take this long to do is crazy. At least fixes for the m7 are coming hopefully by the next roadmap since the audio on that train is being worked on. I hope if we have to port our routes to a new game that these issues don't happen again

32. tallboy7648

It is immersion breaking hence why I haven't played lirr when it came out for tsw2.

33. solicitr

I haven't played LIRR since it came out for TSW2 because I hate the route.

Your move.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'm actually quite surprised by the complaints about the M7. I haven't really noticed much and am quite enjoying LIRR.

In my experience, the BR143, BR146 and BR155 have much worse audio. It's the reason I barely play (and barely enjoy) Main Spessart Bahn and Ruhr-Sieg Nord. And if I do, I take the cab control car because it's supposed to be more quiet.

Either way, I hope DTG can fix that M7 quickly so they can move on to the German locos which really sound nothing like a locomotive...

• Like Like x 6
  35. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

as a british i really dont know the diference. Also if you prefered it in tsw2020, use it in tsw2020 there is nothing stopping you

• Like Like x 1
  36. tallboy7648

I love the 146 but the sounds are not good in the game

37. tallboy7648

You have to understand that there may be new players who never played tsw2020 but got tsw2 and bought a preserved collection route and could be unhappy with the sounds so saying to people to play tsw2020 really makes no sense because not every tsw2 player owned tsw2020. Are you gonna tell a new tsw2 player who never owned tsw2020 and is annoyed with the sounds on preserved collection to spend an additional $30 on tsw2020 which is a game that is no longer supported by Dovetail Games?

• Like Like x 3
  38. Mark newman

Mark newman Well-Known Member

Roadmap Update with on tomorrow

39. burgerpommes#7421

burgerpommes#7421 New Member

is this where i put my roadmap questions?

40. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I believe this is probably a good place to put them! There is a roadmap update coming out tomorrow you may have better luck posting the question on that thread when it is posted and you can also try asking during their roadmap live stream that they have!

• Like Like x 2
  41. solicitr

1: Is there even an "investigation" into station labels on the 2D map? Goodness know Sam has mentioned wanting this!

2: Would DTG consider producing and selling alternate-liveries for a modest price? Seems to me there could be a nice little earner there at two or three quid a pop.

3: I know Livery Editor 2.0 is a long, long way off, but whenever it comes it needs, I think, a) the ability to flatten groups into a single layer and b) the ability to make and save one's own decals, so one can use a design on multiple locos.

4: The UI would be improved if the "Resume A Saved Game" button was available in the pause screen, so you don't have to kick out to Main Menu and wait through the loading screens, and make "Resume From Last Checkpoint" available generally, rather than only after a SPAD or derailment. And how about a "Randomize Weather" button for Timetable mode?

• Like Like x 2
  42. burgerpommes#7421

burgerpommes#7421 New Member

the resume would be cool especially because of the bakerloo problem

43. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

This has been an issue from day 1 and was promised several times during several streams over the past few years, by Matt, Luke (previous community manager), Dmitri (previous community manager), Adam and Sam that it was 'under investigation' and 'coming soon' (mind that I also count TSW original release, since 2017)

• Like Like x 1
  44. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Ian1991 thanks for asking the question in the stream. Unfortunately I cannot watch the livestreams live (I do watch them the next day though) so I cannot ask these questions during the stream. Doesn't seem like we're getting any answers in this topic either. If you can, please do ask the question again during the stream this evening. I really appreciate it :)

• Like Like x 2
  45. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

I find Adam incredibly irksome but I dont want to push that too far but he is too often doing "isnt me, not my problem" well does one of you fancy, yano, finding out?

• Like Like x 3
  46. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It seems that’s the general attitude by DTG overall - “it’s not my problem/that isn’t important” as well as “it’s on the list”.

They do have a tendency to ignore issues which are literally staring at them in the face. They just keep silent hoping no one will notice.

• Like Like x 4
  47. tallboy7648

He'll probably keep saying that but can't give an answer finally for some odd reason. Sure it may not be your department, but if a person has asked you countless times about maps, then surely you would have an answer by now. Is communication poor at Dovetail or something

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  48. tallboy7648

I would love to see this so called "list" because the map issue has been on this list since 2017 and it has yet to be resolved which makes no sense. This should've been sorted when tsw2 came out 6 months ago

• Like Like x 2
  49. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Is there a roadmap update today?

• Like Like x 1
  50. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yep

• Helpful Helpful x 1