Big Apple Bustle!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-Jay, Mar 14, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

[​IMG]
    Written by: Gary Dolzall.
    Railroading in and around New York City is coming soon to Train Sim World!

READ MORE

2. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Can you tell us how many freight and passenger services we will have in the NEC DLC?
    And will there be a timetable available at release of the DLC?

• Like Like x 5
  3. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Is this coming to Xbox?

4. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Probably later in the year; it has to be ported first which doesn't sound like an easy process. The Xbox team was probably still working on GWE when this was being worked on.

5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Jay ACS-64 642 is the Veterans Unit. You either need to paint it to that scheme or remove number 642.

• Like Like x 4
  6. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Ugh, I really hope there are a ton of freight operations, because it looks like the passenger stuff is really gonna suck. I still don't see why you couldn't do a longer stretch of the NEC and had to go with this DTG. Freight operations look good in this, but when it comes to passenger runs, I'm sticking to the old NEC routes in TS. Such a shame.

• Like Like x 3
  7. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

“along with a wealth of “service mode” schedules will provide a variety of passenger-service operating challenges – and Northeast Corridor New York will also put you to work handling CSX freight duties.”

Seems sketchy that services are specifically mentioned in reference to passenger stuff, but the CSX stuff is just “handling CSX freight duties” might be reading into that way too much, but when marketing is involved who knows what’s going on? Would be nice to get a straight answer of course.

EDIT: After the livestream, looks like this was indeed being typical equivocal marketing-no freight services were specifically mentioned because there were none. Oh marketing and skirting around the topic without actually addressing it. How wonderful ads are. (PS: Take that, downvoter.)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Will the twitch stream still be tomorrow despite the release delay?

• Like Like x 3
  9. John Murphy

That's usually how DTG does it. They stay really vague about it and try to keep from giving details so that people will have to buy the route to see what it's really like. They buy the route thinking it's gonna be something big and epic and it turns out to be something short and inaccurate, or it's riddled with bugs and crashes the game every time you go to play it. DTG doesn't care if you like the route or not, as long as they get their money.

And a "variety" of passenger services indicates that they're probably gonna be ghetto about it and use Amtrak trains to substitute NJT traffic between Newark Airport and Penn Station. You have a license with NJT...use it!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  10. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

It's nice to see varied weather conditions and time of day in these screenshots. It looks fabulous.

Couple things though.
    • The interlocking where Metro-North and Amtrak territory split isn't really called "Shell" anymore. It is referred now as "CP 216".
    • I find it strange that the Northeast Regional is coming out of the Line 3 tube of the East River tunnels. Typically Amtrak goes eastbound on Line 1 and LIRR uses Line 3. It can and does happen where Amtrak uses Line 3, but it's just not the norm.
    • I feel obliged to reiterate the comments about 642. Add the Veteran's paint scheme or remove the number from the rotation.
    • Penn Station looks pretty good but I wish there were more screenshots of it and the tunnel portals at A, C, and JO interlockings. I bet this area is why the release date got pushed.
    • The screenshot at Newark Airport shows something odd going on with the catenary gantry.

• Like Like x 6
  11. USRailFan007

USRailFan007 Well-Known Member

We need those scenario and route development tools already, so your team can get to work on the NEC. Honestly. lol

• Like Like x 5
  12. John Murphy

If you're going to make the whole NEC when route editing tools come out, I hope you can put it on Workshop. It's probably gonna be better than anything DTG spits out. This is just plain pathetic.

13. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Let's wait to play it ourselves before we go nuts. We have not seen any gameplay yet

• Like Like x 4
  14. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Don't know if you own the Rapid Transit DLC, but DTG doesn't substitute services for anything. They simply just won't have any NJT/Metro North services depicted, which is why GWR and Rapid Transit feel so barren, even though those services travel down some mainlines where you have multiple branches.

So in terms of passenger services, I wouldn't be surprised if you only encounter 2 to 3 AI trains in the heart of rush hour.

• Like Like x 1
  15. John Murphy

Ugh. They should change the name of this post from Big Apple Bustle to Big Apple Blunder, because that's what this route is.

• Like Like x 2
  16. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

17. Daniel Bloch

TrainSim-Steve TrainSim-Jay
    Can you tell us how many freight and passenger services we will have in the NEC DLC?
    And will there be a timetable available at release of the DLC?

18. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Daniel, I think you'll never have the answer.:(

• Like Like x 1
  19. Daniel Bloch

Yes they are good in ignoring unpleasant questions. No answer i guess isn't a good sign, I expect that we get that little freight services like in GWE. Well if that's the case i will refund this DLC at release day.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. John Murphy

They already pushed the release back about 5 days from the original planned release (which was today), and the sad part is that it will probably still be inaccurate and buggy. In order to get everything accurate enough and to work out ALL of the bugs that are probably in the route, they'd have to push it back 5 years, not 5 days.

21. Daniel Bloch

Hmm....the manual say we get about 80 services in the NEC DLC (freight and passenger). Thats not much on a 24h day, it is an average of 3-4 trains per hour. How many of the 80 services will be freight services? 10? 20?
    Rapid transit has around 70 passenger services and it feels very dead on the route :|
    Now i know why no one from DTG answered how many services we will have on this route. I hope they are working allready on additional DLC for RT and NEC or the NEC DLC will fast getting boring like RT.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  22. slenderman7676RBLX

slenderman7676RBLX Member

well today is march 20th and i still don't see it in my TSW menu as of 20/3/2018 at 07:44 AM GMT i did pre order it

23. Daniel Bloch

Release will be at 6pm cet.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  24. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Probably 18:00 GMT if you're in UK. Not sure when the TSW update is going to be released though.

25. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Probably at the same time.

26. Daniel Bloch

On the store page the preorder discount is counting down to 6pm cet in Germany. So I guess that's the release time then.

27. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Remember that some places are already in Daylight Savings Time, while the UK is not (yet). This means its totally possible for the DLC to release an hour later than usual wherever you are.

28. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

2 pm Eastern time. (New York)