Timetable Issues And Lack Of Schedule

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Cheyney1874, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

You probably won't see a reply directly. I can only advise you not to jump straight into a service from the menu, enter free roam first and then board the train you want to drive. This eases the work load on the processor within the Xbox One and Xbox One S, as you can see above from my testing. It doesn't remove the delay, but it reduces it. This will need a patch which could take a few weeks, but first they have to identify the problem in the code.

2. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Ok thanks

3. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

That sounds about right, when I spawn as a person and board a train, it's smooth and trains appear to run on time. When I get time later, I'll give it a try. Spawn at Paddington then pick up a service, then see how I get on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trainmania100

How do you just spawn? Pick a service on service mode then wait for a different train?

5. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

You just choose the head instead of a train, you then choose your spawning station.

Check this timetable to find out when trains will appear at a station. https://assets.train-simulator.com/app/uploads/2017/09/08133846/TSW-GWE-Service-Mode-Timetable.pdf

To find out what platform they then spawn on, use http://tswtimetableonline.azurewebsites.net/ and type in the service number.

6. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

That hasn't worked unfortunately, 12 minutes late into Reading working the 16:00 from spawning....

7. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I wonder if DTG assign reserved memory that would help clear this up.... By reserved space, I mean what The Division, Battlefield and other games do in the Xbox menu...

8. Trainmania100

On the scenario where you have to pick between the 3 services, i chose the semi fast to slough, expected in to Hayes and Harlington at 1005, and I was stuck outside Hayes and Harlington on a red until 1006...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

Has anyone contacted support? If so, have you had a response? I contacted them on Friday and twice since then with further info but I’ve had response yet.

10. 410nick

410nick Member

I've sent them a ticket and nothing yet. My issue was about the 63 services missing from class 166 in service mode. Alot of trains are missing. 2 from class 43 are missing from the schedule as well

11. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Sent a ticket too, just waiting for it to be closed as its clear it will be on the list of bugs to look at already.

12. russianchip

russianchip Guest

Just done West World and the time to distance seemed run the same when I went over 60mph. I was doing 126mph for most of the scenario but the target countdown was still running at a mile a minute.

13. Jstlufc

Jstlufc New Member

Still no improvement for me either. Ran an Express Twyford to London with a 166 yesterday, managed to get Twyford to Maidenhead only losing 1 minute but then managed to lose 9 minutes between Maidenhead and London Nonstop despite being 90mph for as much of the journey as possible. Turned round at Paddington and pretty much stops back to Reading and lost another 12 minutes.

Ended up back at Reading 24 minutes late in total as the service only had a 3 minute booked turnaround at London!

14. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

No response from DTG support email so I contacted Xbox support who were kind enough to offer a refund. I'll considering buying it again once they fix it so it's back to the PC version for the foreseeable future, for me.

15. Trainmania100

Just caught a AI train from Slough that was running 5 minutes late

16. Fingermouse

Fingermouse New Member

I've been waiting for this to appear on Xbox for (literally) years. As a Mac owner, playing on PC isn't an option (although I have used BootCamp in the past to run the 'standard' TS versions).

It's just incredibly dissapointing to find that the Xbox One version is so broken. Things like the left controller stick being disabled after viewing the map, the controller display (in settings) being completely distorted at various resolutions and being able to fall out of train doors is just trivial stuff that QA should have picked up on the first day of testing.

But the thing that makes it completely unplayable is of course the speed/timetable issue. As everybody's been saying above, it's just not possible to do stick to any timetable. I just completed a really short Service (Train Care depot to Twyford) and although I left the first station on time and immediately got up to the speed limit, I was still 2 miles from the next station at my scheduled arrival time. To make things worse, it then gave me a red signal 800yds from the platform where I was forced to wait for a further 9 minutes (pass at danger denied) despite the platform and track ahead being completely clear. I don't see how that meets anybody's definition of fun.

I know people are saying that it's possible to complete the Scenarios on time, but I've still not managed a single one without being incredibly late. On West World, my latest attempt left Paddington at 19.30 on the dot and I ignored speed limits entirely. I got up to 132MPH as fast as possible and stayed there the whole trip, using emergency braking to stop at the last possible moment at the destination — still 4 minutes late. Using mile markers and other distance cues, I was clearly taking 45-55 seconds (yes, it varied by that much) to complete each mile at 132MPH. Now my maths isn't great but at 132MPH I should be doing 2.2 miles per minute, that's about 27 seconds per mile. I've only got a lowly original Xbox One but surely this is basic stuff and the hardware should be capable of handling this (just look at some of the stuff it deals with on other games).

I just can't work out for the life of me how any of this got past testing. I've worked in development, done QA and been on beta teams and this is day one stuff. It's not even like you have to deal with loads of different hardware configurations as you would experience on PC. Dovetail haven't called this 'Early Access' or 'Beta', but it clearly is. 'Founders Edition' suggests early but it comes with an expectation of a playable game. Hoping for a patch soon but not optimistic.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Markerson

Markerson Member

I'm really surprised that we've not heard anything from DTG on the timetable issue. I hope they're working on the impossible to achieve timetable issue but we've all paid for this and to not have any feedback is annoying.

I've already seen people on these forums getting refunds from Microsoft for this game due to the issues and will look into this myself shortly if we get no updates Not asking for an immediate patch here, just some input from DTG on the issue.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  18. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

There has been 1 person that I've seen get a refund, however if you're in the UK and have played the game for less than 4 hours, you can claim a refund from Microsoft as part of the T&C's. Personally if you really are hung up about £25, that you're going to spend again in a few months when the game's fixed, maybe you should look at the PC version.

Developers tend to keep cards close to their chest in the first week or 2 from the release of the game, while they collate, and replicate bugs, once they've got an internal build that's fixed it, they will announce their plans.

19. Markerson

Markerson Member

I'm not "hung up" on my £25, just a lack of updates, oh and before you go off again no one is expecting an immediate fix, just an update, just "we're looking into it, nothing difficult. But I'll just go out and spend £500-600 on a mid range gaming pc to play it instead Wow

Tell you what we'll all just keep quiet, I mean DTG will be looking into the issues, pointless mentioning anything Not like these boards aren't for discussion and communication.

20. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

You're missing the point I'm getting at. The timetable issue isn't really a big deal, the game runs, albeit with some issues on the older One and the One S, but it works and you can drive the trains and immerse yourself in the train driving world. You aren't scored for running on time at the moment, so you can play the game and just run to your own timetable, while they fix it.

There are multiple threads being created for the same issues. Makes it harder for DTG to get the information they need. They prefer users with issues to raise Support tickets so that they can track them.

The lack of updates is something that happens across all games, the developers don't want to fill the air with false hopes. You're posting your thoughts on the official forums, It would be a safe assumption that they are seeing everything, and will update, once they have fixed the issues. You might get lucky and get something in the interim.

21. Markerson

Markerson Member

I got your point. It's pointless making any posts on here Just wait. So we'll all just wait.

22. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

The timetable issue for me is a huge issue, its basically the main part of the game. Yes I could walk around the stations, trains and play the scenarios fine but that's a very very small part of the game. Timetable is the main game. On my Xbox (One S) everything was too slow and you couldn't achieve that nice green tick at the end of the service, so whats the point in playing it?

I contacted Microsoft and spent a good hour on their Xbox support chat and they were very interested to hear about my experience. They did inform me that they weren't able to pass on information to developers (not sure if that's true or not) but I told them about my experience with the game, on my Xbox.

It's great that yourself and others are able to play the game however for me and others, the game is flawed and until it is fixed, pointless.

I had a response from DTG this morning, which is below, shocked that they couldn't even offer an apology. Having worked in Customer Services for many years, I know how far an apology can go. It's clear that the below is just a generic copy and past job, so having waited since Friday for a response, it's a pretty poor response.

Dear Johnny,

Thank you for getting in touch and providing us with this detailed and constructive feedback on Founders Edition.

These issues you have found have now been passed on to our Development Team to investigate further and consider for future updates.

Thanks again for your time, and for bringing them to our attention.

With regards,

Dovetail Games Support

23. Jstlufc

Jstlufc New Member

Fundamental flaw and they'll 'consider it' !

24. R4G3 x TR0LL3R

R4G3 x TR0LL3R New Member

Wouldn't take that to heart really, sounds like a copy and paste to everyone complaining. I reckon possibly a week or so before a fix and timetable fix too.

25. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Consider for future updates was the same reply I got. They have to say it because it may be a massive bug that cannot be remedied in time for the next patch they have planned in their development cycle.

You won't see a patch in a week or so. Maybe a month's time.

26. R4G3 x TR0LL3R

R4G3 x TR0LL3R New Member

Granted, too much praying for an update

27. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

I believe somebody said that there's quite a lead time getting things through Microsoft. So first there's the time for fixing those bugs that can be quickly fixed and impact the most plus QA to which you need to add the time for Microsoft to add it to Xbox. Six to eight weeks may be a more realistic timescale.

28. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

So just to throw my own experience in here:

Playing last night (Xbox 1X, installed to internal drive):

Spawned into Hayes & Harlington at 0515. EB 2P04 arrived on time per timetable at 0519. Boarded as a passenger and rode the service to Acton Main Line. Arrived on time at Southall (0523), Ealing Broadway (0529), and was one minute late to Acton Main Line (0533).

Spawned into Acton Aggregate Industry at 2045 and picked up a WB C66 freight on time at 2102 (don't remember the service name-it's in the in-game list for the C66 though). Arrived at Reading at 2147 (speeds/timings seemed ok- late due to my own lack of skill).

Will update with more data as I get it. Also, is there a list of the in-game services for XB1? Especially the C66 services- seem to have trouble finding them on the timetable.

29. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

There isn't a freight timetable at the moment, Matt P did say in my stream last night there are some changes that could be made to the timetable to better suit Xbox One. The 2G** shuttles that served as the services to Acton Main Line were removed as they killed the frame rates in Paddington, I pointed out that 2P04 is the only service stopping at AML but is out of sync with the majority of freight services, and Matt said he'd address that in the patch.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Jstlufc

Jstlufc New Member

How would a one unit shuttle kill the frame rate? Especially when the timetable would have it sit at West Ealing for half an hour?

31. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

He said it was to do with the amount of services in Paddington at the same time as those shuttles.

32. YSHW2012

YSHW2012 New Member

The timetables in the game are very restrictive and it's Impossible to keep to them and no matter how hard I try and how good I start off I never arrive on time. I have driven train in real life along this line and never been late. You should get time for picking up passengers at stations and if running behind others Trains services. Please adjust your timetables to help make this game more enjoyable.

Thanks

33. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

I play on PC and have no problems arriving on time. I think the issue is not with the timetable, but rather with the clock on the Xbox version

• Like Like x 1
  34. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

The problem is with the core Xbox and Xbox One S. I run to time fine on my Xbox One X. It's not about the timetable being wrong but the game needing more optimisation on the core Xbox and One S.

35. YSHW2012

YSHW2012 New Member

thanks for your replys and you maybe right, but Dovetail Game should have sorted out any timing issues relating to XBOX ONE before releasing this game and other bugs which I since notice since getting this game, it's disappointing to find quite a few errors in this game and hopeful Dovertail will fix them soon and we get a Good experience of this simulator which on the whole is good.

PS I was not talking about the passenger Timetable which you gave, but the WTT (Working Time Table) which is the timetable that engine crews use to run trains..There are different and more detail in timings..But Thanks and Enjoy :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  36. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

The timetable they have built (if you run on time) has a 1 minute buffer for picking up passengers at every station, so nothing really needs to be altered. The issue you are having is that something to do with the desync in time between the game and the game clock. Something which they are investigating.

You may find an improvement by turning off the Game Capture settings in the Preferences on your Xbox One.

37. YSHW2012

YSHW2012 New Member

OK Thanks I try that and hopefully the timing will improve, I can arrive at the first station with over a minute before departing, but because the loading of passenger often takes more than 1 minute on my XBOX ONE S, I leave late and you cannot make up the lost time. As I said this is a good game, but timetables are very tight compared to real life, but there there are other issues as well and I hope they get fixed soon enjoy

PS I am not knocking this game, just point out there are timing issues with the XBOX ONE and Bryer is the only player that I meet who said that he/she arrives on time on XBOX ONE. This Should have been resolved before release..Thanks for time and enjoy

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

Purchased again tonight, tested it and pleased to see that the update has fixed the problems for me. It also seems much smoother between slough and reading. Thanks DTG for fixing it so quickly.

• Like Like x 1