PlayStation Bug With The Speed Limit

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by mayanzunga, Feb 15, 2021.

1. mayanzunga

mayanzunga Member

Ok so when you do a service, the speed limit is very late. You pass a speed limit pannel , you need to pass some meters before the speed limit give you a correct measure. For the Bakerloo Line it's very complicated. I don't know where exactly it was happened but after Paddington it tell you to go at 40 or 45 mp/h during one second. Only ONE second ( or maybe an half second ). After that you can ride at 30 mp/h. It is just amazing how the speed limit isn't precise.
    This bug really need to be fix, even if the speed limit will be completely new for us.

2. ethan#3478

ethan#3478 Member

For bakerloo it is on the road map so the can go to that speed limit when the front of the train passes the board but in other routes I'm mainly talking UK routes here in reality there is some network rail thing where you can't speed up to the next speed until the rear of the train passes the board cause in the bakerloo in reality when you're in the underground section it should allow you to proceed to the next speed limit when you front of the train passes the board but on the ground level section that's network rail section so the speed limit increase isn't permitted until the rear of the train passes the speed board that all there is if the speed limit is higher if the limit is lower you need to be at the reduced speed by the time the front of your train passes the board

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  3. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Are the speed limits higher than the previous one or lower?

4. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

If you are going 60mph to 90mph then the entire length of the train must go pass the speed limit board. If it is 60mph to 50mph then the speed limit take immediately affect.

5. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

I do think the HUD needs to display more than one speed limit at a time to avoid surprises so you know to prepare yourself to to be slowing down enough.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mayanzunga

mayanzunga Member

Ok. Thanks to reply me. I don't know it was on the roadmao

7. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

Speed limit signs are not visible in the tunnel. Mostly I don't even see the speed sign.

8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It is a pretty universal rule among railroads worldwide that a speed increase only takes effect when the rear of the train has passed the marker- the whole train has to be within the higher speed zone before it can accelerate. This is because speed zones are often there to prevent derailments as cars pass over points or around sharp curves. TSW is designed on this basis, at present including the Bakerloo.

But the London Underground is the exception- there, the new speed takes effect as soon as the front of the train passes the marker. Fixing this is on the roadmap.

9. mayanzunga

mayanzunga Member

Maybe because you don't use headlights. I can see them.

10. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I use headlights. The signs are too low in the tunnel. When I sit, I don't see them. But if it's actually the case, it's okay.

11. mayanzunga

mayanzunga Member

You have to be careful because they are very small. But it isn't DTG's fault. They just did a copy-paste of the line.