Not All Sehs Issues Sorted Even Though Update Release Notes Cover Them???

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WaveyDavey, Feb 16, 2021.

1. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Just had a drive of the 395 after the update installed..... The destination display is still the same very small size on the front/rear of the train, The two gauges on the dashboard still aren't illuminated and the controller sounds in the cab are still the same high volume?

Not sure about everything else on the list.

Also.... Still no sounds from the windscreen wipers but the rain itself sounds like it's falling on a tin roof it's that loud.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. feuer1998

feuer1998 New Member

Hello,
    The reason for your "problem" is that the update for the PC is not yet online....please wait a little longer.

Have a nice day!

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I just loaded the game up myself and got an update / first time setup box come up. Not sure what that was about but it wasn't the patch.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. WaveyDavey

I wonder what Steam downloaded and installed before it let me run TSW2 then?

• Like Like x 1
  5. SamTDS

SamTDS New Member

guys RESTART YOUR STEAM. steam doesnt always see the updates and need to be restarted to refetch and see them

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Possibly the Steam Common Distributable that mine downloaded which was only small. Then after a restart of Steam a 2gb TSW2 Update. Complete with working wiper sounds.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

The best way to see if you have the update or not is looking to Class 66 services, you should have 8 of them. Supposed that you have ECW of course.

• Like Like x 1
  8. arekev

arekev Active Member

Train Sim World 2 just did a update on steam and now I have the missing gauge lights, wiper sounds, and a loud hum in the cab (too loud for me) and a lot louder then the AWS warning. But I do not have the extra 66 services and the two missing class 40 from the rail tour. So I did not get all the items in the patch notes -

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/train-sim-world-2-update-16th-february-2021.35610/

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Got the patch and have the class 66 services. Remember you need ECW for the class 66.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. arekev

arekev Active Member

Yes I have ECW installed and have only the one service - Photo taken just now after update ?

1282590_20210216173455_1.png

11. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

Are you running the trainsim.cz extra service mod? That seems to break the number of 66 services you see. There is another thread in the forum about it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

So far so good, everything I tried on the list is working. I have all services for the 66 and 40, working wiper sound, gauge lights etc. Tunnels also seem better BUT running the Tricky Tunnels Scenario, just before the end of the tunnel coming into St Pancras, it suddenly gets very bright in the cab for a few seconds then goes dark again. Other than that, looking better so far and working pretty well with Raildriver.

• Like Like x 1
  13. arekev

arekev Active Member

Ahh the old saying mods can break games... Yes I was and and I now have the extra services, Thank you so much :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. WaveyDavey

Right my patch has now kicked in....... I restarted Steam to no avail so decided to fully reboot the laptop and then restart Steam and TSW2 now runs with the new patch. (It hasn't downloaded anything else it just started as usual but now with the new patch enabled).

As i mentioned above it had already downloaded the patch as it sat there for a good few minutes downloading the TSW2 update and installing it before it would let me run TSW2 but for some reason it hadn't enabled it???

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. JayTG123

JayTG123 Active Member

Downloaded the update (finally DTG!! much appreciated though)
    Just set off from St Pancras and upon entering the first tunnel to Stratford - the lighting issue in the tunnel doesn't appear to be fixed?? The first 25-45 seconds in the tunnel still appear to be very light and then all of a sudden goes dark.

• Like Like x 3
  16. WaveyDavey

Yes i've noticed this too.... This particular tunnel lighting issue location still seems to be an issue..... I think the others locations it happened have been sorted though.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. DruidsNectar

DruidsNectar Guest

Not sure if it's worth noting, but if you open the "settings", in the bottom right you get the build number. So you'll know if you've had an update. I'm showing build number 89, following a 1.1GB update.

18. JayTG123

JayTG123 Active Member

Defo updated mate. I finished work at 17:30 - turned my PC on, loaded up Steam and had a 2GB update for TWS2 and then headed straight on here to find the patch notes. Loaded up a random service in game and discovered the tunnel issue again and here we are. FYI - I am also on build 89.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. SamTDS

SamTDS New Member

I found that too as have others regardless of the scenario, the 'fireflies' still seem to be around but the overall tunnel lighting is improved. Build 89

20. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Tunnels definitely too dark, especially the newer concrete ones on the CTRL section. No sound occlusion either.
    I noticed quite a bit of tree flickering out in the open and a few sections where foliage is across the tracks.

Otherwise though a cracking route and I can't wait to add the 465.

21. Jalio

Jalio Active Member

Did the wet platforms that where promised from LGV ever make its way to SEHS?

22. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

As of this date, nope.

23. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Pity that. It is noticeably missing.

Cheers