Stuck At Red Signal At Reading

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by SOUR LEMONS XII, Mar 16, 2018.

1. SOUR LEMONS XII

SOUR LEMONS XII New Member

G'day from Australia!
    I hope I've put this in the right forum.
    So I just bought TSW for Xbox and started doing service mode in the Class 166, and I have to do an empty 2am run from RTD to Reading. All well and good until I get to the Station, complete that objective, and it then tells me to proceed to Twyford by 0232hrs. One problem - red signal. Tried "Request to pass signal at danger" and nothing happens.

Is this an actual issue or have I messed up somewhere (I arrived at Reading at 0220 - objective was to be there by 0222).

Please help!

Cheers guys and girls.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SOUR LEMONS XII

Update.

Gave up on that 2am service.

Tried a 0530 service. Got sent to Reading from the depot. Again got stuck at Red signals with no way past and every request to pass at danger denied.

Gaaah!

3. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Hey Lemons, is that service 5P00 by any chance? I've done a few services at around 5am to 6am and end up with 2 Class 166's nose to nose at signals or waiting for a stuck train to move off. I've raised it Dovetail for investigation.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. SOUR LEMONS XII

My situation isn't that bad - I left the game for an hour came back and there were several trains coming and going on different platforms at Reading, I still had my Twyford objective (an hour behind schedule no less!) but nowhere to go because of signalling.

My 2am service is 5P02 by the way.

5. SOUR LEMONS XII

Think it's hilarious that they can schedule what you posted!

"you move I was here first"

"no you move"

"I'm the local commuter service! "

"I'm the peak express! "

Where's the fat controller when you need him?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

If you can provide the service number you were doing out of the depot, I'll test it before I head off for the night.

Just seen it. Don't think I've had any problems with it. But I'll try it again now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Yeah can confirm that I had no problems. Once you pull in from the depot and open the doors for the passengers, close them, pull forwards to the signal, the signal should clear around 2:25am when the signalman wakes up or gets off the toilet.

8. SOUR LEMONS XII

I tried again earlier. Sat there until 3am. No change.

9. SOUR LEMONS XII

I just worked out my problem, and I am an idiot (not that wasn't the problem )

Completely forgot to mention this earlier!

I decided to be really clever and couple up the C166s to each other. Thus, it mucked up the in game timetable and may explain the never ending red signals.

So as a side note, is there a way for such cleverness to not muck up the in-game schedule?

10. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Not at the moment, there is talk of 6 car formations being added at a later date.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cas61

Cas61 New Member

Class166 2ro5 from london paddington to reading. Stopped at lights 2.1 from reading. Waited 20 minutes. Switched to cam view and looked at reading station. Jam packed with trains.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Everett

Everett New Member

My wife just gifted me this game (PS4) for my birthday and I have just starting playing - mostly with the 166 (that large freight train in the tutorials frightened me off..). I was investigated the forums for help in what the yellow signal light meant and I found this thread. I think I understand some of what are discussing and I am really impressed all of that is in this game. I look forward to when I am skilled enough to get into Service Mode.