London Overground East London Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by supersimfan#2303, Jan 25, 2021.

1. supersimfan#2303

supersimfan#2303 Well-Known Member

Just a suggestion but. I think the east london line would be a great route for TSW2 travelling between west croydon and highbury and islington in a class 378 capitalstar EMU this also gives the players a good opportunity to use the class 377 in the scenario planner since they actuly run on the majority of this route and also adds the possibility of connecting the east coastway to this route and spuring off to london bridge in the future since everybody is asking for it. If overground trains were in TSW2, once again players would be able to create a scenario from Queens park to Harrow and wealdstone using the class 378 since they run on this route too. if anyone from DTG have read this i would just like to say i would absolutely love it if this route was in the game this is just a suggestion and all of the current routes/add ons you have produced are awesome. good luck and keep up the great work:)[​IMG] class 378 EMU London overground livery[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    the route could possibly look like this ^

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 36
  2. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Would be nice for a mix of North London line and East London line. Both modelled together could be interesting!

• Like Like x 2
  3. supersimfan#2303

Do you now if the east line and north line connect just wondering

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Yes they both serve Highbury & Islington.

The East London line has 2 "bay" platforms (bottom right), and the North London Line has through platforms. (left hand side)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. supersimfan#2303

I belive there is a traction maintenance depot just north of New cross gate with some sidings and theres a depot at willsden junction but i dont know if its for maintainance or if its for storage but guessing by its location id say its for storage

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

You've got the Willesden TMD which is on the WCML. You've also got the LOROL C-fan sidings at Wembley Freight Operating Centre, both are a little bit of a detour off of the North London Line, but you could model a route from the Willesden TMD to the NLL via Primrose Hill.

• Like Like x 1
  7. supersimfan#2303

If dovetail games was to model a London Overground route I think they would either create one line or the other but either line they create I would still be happy with it the only reason I said east London line is because we already have Class 377s in the game which operate from new cross to west Croydon they do go to crystal palace too but most services are through services from London bridge to London Victoria via crystal palace stopping at New cross gate, Brockley, Honour oak park, Forest hill, sydenham and penge west whitch would be included in the route once the 377 has passed crystal palace it would usaly stop at Gipsey hill, west norwood,streatham hill, balham, wandsworth common then clapham junction before arriving at london victoria[​IMG] so by having this route we could use the scenario planner to add the class 377s to the line as well as just having the overground trains southern trains do stop at overground stops on this line but in the picture this 377 is probarbly an express train to london bridge it wouldnt be from brighton because it is only formed of 4 coaches not 12
    in this picture the staition is Brockley

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  8. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

Would be a great add on! I'd love it to include the spur to East Croydon Station (connecting with a potential London Victoria to Brighton) as well as the line from the junction at New Cross to London Bridge or Blackfriars. Would total at most 35km (22miles) and would add so much more to the route, especially if route mergers or timetable mergers become possible! :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. I would love to see this route in TSW2

10. supersimfan#2303

11. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Maybe they can add the new livery that the 378s have. The Black, White and Orange livery

12. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

They would probably add both. With the livery's being about 50/50 on all 378's now.

• Like Like x 2
  13. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That new paint scheme on the 378s make them look fresh

14. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Nope, that's only on about 14 Class 378's. The majority of London Overground stock still runs the old livery.

Unless they've done more East London line trains in that livery, but seeing a lot at Highbury and Islington every day, I don't get to see the livery that much!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  15. mayanzunga

mayanzunga Member

Why not ? This line is great.

16. ZeenozPlays

From what I've heard from other people, the New Livery is "all they see nowadays"

17. ZeenozPlays

IMO, I still like the old livery better. Maybe the new one will grow on me if I'm able to see it up close and in the game.

18. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Yeah because the 710's have rolled out. The 378s are majority still in the old livery.

19. supersimfan#2303

The last time i saw a 378 it was in the old livery

• Like Like x 1
  20. ethan#3478

ethan#3478 Member

I like this idea

• Like Like x 1
  21. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Could be part of a wider expansion of the SE London network but, yes, I'd very much love anything London or Network South East area next.

• Like Like x 1
  22. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

I'd also add the line to Clapham Junction
    Good suggestion

• Like Like x 1
  23. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and for the same price as a normal route $29.99 (£20 actual is £24.99 in $34.35) as the London overground pack to which you get the classic train simulator bundled routes North and West London Lines gospel Oak Barking line remade for TSW2 and East London line as the new route.

24. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

I'm not ashamed to be outed as a necrobumpist. You'll have to work harder to work out why though.