Ability To Customize Consists

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MetrolinkF125#916, Feb 17, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I’ve seen a lot of trains that have mixed consists, these trains are interesting to watch since you hardly know what’ll come next. This is seen especially in American intermodal consists, since some cars might have one container, and others may have a double stack set of containers, or the whole train may be single stack or empty. In TSW 2, especially sand patch, each intermodal train is full, with a double stack set of containers per car, up to 50 cars in total. I haven’t seen empty trains in this route yet, but if there are then pls be sure to let me know! This suggestion mainly applies to this route, but may apply to other routes that see variable train cars. It would be nice to include a feature that lets us choose which cars go where on the train, and how many of each car will be on each train. The current scenario planner only lets us choose from pre-selected consists, made by DTG. We cannot make our own consists, so it would be nice to include this feature as an I upgrade to the existing scenario planner. This feature, hopefully, would also include the ability for us, the players, to choose how many intermodal containers will be on each car, with options for a double stack, single stack, or empty car, and this feature will also apply to other trains such as the GWE container train. This will add more realism to the train consists, since the cars will be mixed in how many containers each one carries, and will also let us recreate the New Jersey intermodal train that only has one container per car. Of course, this isn’t limited to container trains, but any train that calls for more realistic consists! This would also mean that we could run a quad set of class 395s at once, on SEHS, which would be a really fun drive lol! These are just examples of the possibilities of the consist customizer, and other examples would include having certain coal/aggregate cars full/half-full/or empty, mixing train sets of different liveries, such as a double set of class 395s with one train boasting the train bow livery and another with the default livery, and having a GP38-2 to be spawned with a set of gallery cars by default, altho I’m not sure about half full coal cars lol. Maybe the train was moving too fast, or the coal mine ran out of coal.:)
    upload_2021-2-16_18-8-8.jpeg
    An example of a mixed intermodal consist with single and double stack sets of containers.(not my pic)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Completely agree and I think DTG know this is a big one on the wishlist a consist editor would be fantastic.

I have to say though having tried out the TS consist editor then I am hoping for something better than that. You have a very very limited and poor GUI so much that people often use outside programmes to do consist editing with a lot of lists and spreadsheets involved. I am hoping that a consist editor for TSW would be far more user friendly, but it needs to improve also on the TSW scenario editor where you can't easily find the train you want from a list. Its the same issue of being able to easily sort through the content you have without remembering long strings of text or code names etc.

There is also an issue of trains belonging to certain routes and individual DLC, which means the TSW experience feels far less like a virtual trainset that you can easily mix and match.

• Like Like x 1
  3. aarontheloner

aarontheloner Active Member

No empty trains but have seen single stack intermodals.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

DTG first should stop messing the consist variations when you use the camera. At Sandpatch the colours of the containers change magically each time you look at them. The worst thing is that the issue I filed was responded with this is as designed....

• Like Like x 1
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This was mentioned in a recent stream, I think it may have been the last roadmap. Doesn't mean it will get fixed, but they do know that it shouldn't happen

• Like Like x 1
  6. MetrolinkF125#916

I haven’t noticed this yet but I can tell it must really take away the realism of driving a freight train. The least we can do is hope for this to get fixed, and have colors spawn and stay like that for the whole run.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MetrolinkF125#916

Yea, this really takes away the realism of TSW. If we could customize consists in a way that is not limited to dlc that belongs to a specific route, it would allow far more creativity and customization opportunities, and if this becomes a reality then we could finally pair up an F40 with the bombardier cars haha

• Like Like x 1
  8. MetrolinkF125#916

Oh, so single stack trains are in the game, nice! It would be cool if DTG added empty intermodal trains to the route, but ig this would come in a consist customizer built into the scenario planner.

• Like Like x 1
  9. aarontheloner

aarontheloner Active Member

They are way less common in fairness. Usually seems like I see them coming and going well doing yard work. Perhaps only for A.I. services? Not gonna 100% commit to this answer cause I can't remember for sure, but would make sense.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Poop Poo 62

Poop Poo 62 New Member

i seen an empty one before

• Like Like x 1