Who Likes The Upcoming Class 465?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dancomart#3014, Feb 17, 2021.

1. dancomart#3014

dancomart#3014 Active Member

Do you like the class 465 thats coming to Train sim world 2? Reply below!

• Like Like x 6
  2. dancomart#3014

I'm gonna get it when it releases

• Like Like x 2
  3. w2sjw

w2sjw Active Member

Same! I've been 'dicking' around with them in TS2021, and it's going to be great to have the Class 166's electric cousins to play around with!

• Like Like x 4
  4. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

I can't wait to try it. This will add variety to SEHS. I hope that the scenarios provided will be interesting.

• Like Like x 4
  5. dancomart#3014

I am unsure what motors it will have but in real life they have the Metro-Cammell Motors and the ABB Rail Motors, The ABB Motors sound like the class 395.

6. dancomart#3014

Yeah, I have the Armstrong Powerhouse class 465 on train simulator.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 3
  8. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

It looks nice but I'll wait until it's on sale before I consider buying it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. BirdDog

BirdDog New Member

Just love 465 true workhorse with his top livery.

• Like Like x 2
  10. dancomart#3014

Well, I better save my pocket money until it releases lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I will be getting it when it arrives, it will give a little more variety to SEHS and I like the looks and sounds of them.

• Like Like x 3
  12. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

Not exactly my top pick of things coming our way, but I'll get it too, and as theorganist already pointed out, it will bring a little more variety to SEHS. The more the merrier, yeah? I've got everything else so far, so no point starting to skip on stuff now. I'm sure some hours of fun can be had with it.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I’ll get it. The main reason I prefer German routes is the variety of different rolling stock and this will add to SEHS and make it more interesting.

14. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The only DLC I want that’s left on the roadmap is the 465, 232, 313 & 187.

I would be interested in Arosa Line however the slow speeds kind of put me off, and I have a feeling that it will look very poor on console, so I’ll have too see how it turns out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Looks good to me and can't think of a reason to not buy it.

16. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

This week we get to see the 465 on Thursday in the stream!

• Like Like x 3
  17. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I wonder if that means it releases this week then, we don't usually get loco previews.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I'm sure they said on the Xbox stream of SEHS that there would be a preview stream of the 465 before the release stream.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Looking forward to Thursday. Why isn’t it Thursday yet? Nope, still not Thursday!

I wonder if it’ll be released the same day. We might find out tomorrow if we get an update to the main game (which is usual before new content hits us).

• Like Like x 3
  20. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Would have preferred a 4Vep or 4EPB... :o

• Like Like x 3
  21. cspencer553.cs

cspencer553.cs Member

Im getting it definitely

• Like Like x 2
  22. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

That wouldn't fit with the time period of the route though would it. I think the Networker will be a great DLC.

I don't think it'll be released this Thursday as we got an update to the game only last week and no achievements were included in that. Plus Natalie said there would be a preview and then a launch stream so I'm thinking probably 4th March, exactly 1 month after SEHS itself launched.

• Like Like x 2
  23. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It looks like a nice train but the route is too short for the 465 so I won't buy it. If the route was longer, then I would get it

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

With Arosa and Clinchfield coming: no I will skip this one.

• Like Like x 1
  25. theorganist

Cough "GWML 1970's pack" Cough :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. tallboy7648

Lol

• Like Like x 1
  27. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

A 465 barely fits with the era of the DLC either, they've had to introduce fictionalised services to even have a use in the timetable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

I definitely buy it. The workhorse of British roads. How can you refuse it?

• Like Like x 1
  29. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Because the community complained about the lack of services!

A 465 is entirely realistic and wouldn’t be out of place on London Victoria-Gillingham stoppers, or even very rarely on the services to Dover Priory (less frequent however).

• Like Like x 2
  30. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

It still runs limited services, hence why it's only got limited input in the timetable.

You aren't going to get them to licence the Thameslink 700 just yet, hence why we ended up with the 465 being introduced as a "replacement" to give a bit of depth.

• Like Like x 1
  31. RobSkip

Struggling to see what you mean by this? They haven't received manufacturer licencing for any other stock so I don't see why they'd start now. As for the Thameslink branding, they clearly have an existing agreement with TSGN for the Southern branding, I'm sure an extension to cover Thameslink wouldn't be overly challenging to negotiate. Despite this, and even though a 700 is far more appropriate for the route, I still wouldn't want to see their attempt at one after their other modern UK unit offerings.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Fair enough... but you're still here, playing their products...

Edit due to checking facts - They would have to contact Siemens to get the diagrams and permission to model the Class 700 or 707's that are now due to run on the line. Siemens I believe require all products from 2010 onwards to be licenced before recreating in a digital world due so they can control how their products are depicted.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  33. theorganist

I think the class 395 is very nicely modelled and can't see any problems with the 377 so not sure what is so bad about their attempts at modern unit offerings, I know there are still some complaints about the sounds but the models themselves are very nice and personally I don't find the sounds to be awful.

34. RobSkip

I'm playing the content I like, yes. I've refunded 3 out of the 5 purchases I've made for TSW2 which should say enough...
    Just disappointed by the basic-to-no system functionality in modern units that revolve around it, for instance the non-functional 395 TMS, or the 377 where you can't even turn the instrument lights off because they didn't bother to simulate the page on the TCMS. This combined with the more recent backwards steps with destinations just shapes up to be far less detailed than what's offered in even TS1. I really struggle to see this 'evolution of train simulation' at times.

• Like Like x 1
  35. tallboy7648

Because dtg lie on "the evolution of train simulation" statement multiple times. They can't 100% keep to those words. More buttons on these modern units should be clickable/usuable

• Like Like x 3
  36. theorganist

Fair enough, not being such a fan of modern trains, I probably wouldn't notice things like that. I should try pressing more buttons, you don't get so many on a class 47!

• Like Like x 1
  37. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The problem with TSW has always been while the sounds that are there usually sound good, there are more than a few examples where the sound is noticeably incorrect when compared to their real life counterpart, the 377/375 is a pretty good example of this because it sounds like it's missing quite a lot of motor sounds.

Forget about the sound issues with preserved collection, overall since TSW originally released the sound quality has been good, it just hasn't been accurate, which leads us to a point where if you aren't familiar with a particular unit, you wouldn't notice the accuracy, you'd just notice that the quality is good, which is fair enough, it's just a shame when you hear things like the ICE, HST & 166, because they prove that DTG can find ways to achieve accurate sounds.

• Like Like x 3
  38. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

So your issue with the modern units is the internal computer system that powers the PIS etc? (and sounds)

The modelling of them is top quality in my opinion, yes there are a few shadowing issues etc that need to be worked on, but the actual models are in my humble opinion pretty damn good.

The Class 395 TM system is too complicated to replicate in a game, you'd end up having a system similar to the 377/375 if you wanted it to be functional and able to work in a game which you've just said above isn't what you want, as it's been said the player would need to be given the service code for EVERY drive in the train, and would add setup time, which would again detract from what TSW is all about.

Working train management systems took ages to develop for TSC and are still being evolved, they weren't out for years after TSC was released. TSW is still in its infancy compared to TSC, so be patient and it will come.

• Like Like x 2
  39. tallboy7648

And they don't be upfront alot of the time as to why sound is innacurate or once even lied about how the sounds of the M3 were "Accurate" when that was not even the case

• Like Like x 2
  40. tallboy7648

To be fair though you have two minutes before you depart London St Pancras International Or Faversham to start your journey on the 395 so setting a simple code to type in wouldn't make you lose time since you have two minutes before departure. DTG couldve gotten the codes and either put them in the manual or in the menu before you start your journey to get a working tm system

• Like Like x 2
  41. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Think Sam's been honest and open since SEHS that they acknowledge their sounds are lacking and are working to restore that. Like CK95 says, some of the older locos and trains have fantastic sounds and they can produce top quality stuff.

The Class 465/9 is alleged by the senior producer to use the AP Enhanced sound pack for this model, which I think 99% of the people who've heard it and know the unit have said its pretty much bang on! Will just be interesting to see how they've implemented them in TSW 2.

• Like Like x 2
  42. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah the M3 is a good example of what I said above (at least before it got ported and broken), it sounds like an EMU, it just doesn't sound like an M3.

I do agree that DTG also play a little too fast and loose with their authenticity statements, while they have given us really good simulations of various area's and rolling stock, the level of authenticity & simulation is very inconsistent.

• Like Like x 3
  43. tallboy7648

But also said that it has good quality sound but. not accurate sound alot of the time. As a simulation it should at least get accurate or close to accurate sounds and if they can't, be more upfront about it

• Like Like x 2
  44. RobSkip

The 395 TMS is comparatively simple, far more complex TMS/TCMS systems have been simulated previously in various other sims. I've got the TOM in from of me here and the sign-on procedure (all that's really needed for showing the destination at the start of a service, or changing it at the end) is rather simple. To suggest it is too complex for TSW to support is just silly, it's more that DTG don't want to spend the time on realism.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Yeah, but some people have been moaning they don't have enough time to get the trains setup in that time, adding another dynamic to get the PIS to work and display destinations etc would add to the setup time, yes they could make it functional and it if you were to add the code in, the boards would light up etc, but then you've got to add them to automatically come on once the train is moving so that the people that don't use it, would get the same experience.

The 465 doesn't have a fancy onboard computer system, and the destination board is set using 4 digit codes I believe from memory of the TSC version, are DTG going to provide those in the manual and make it fully customisable, I doubt it, but could be wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  46. RobSkip

And as for the codes themselves, just put a list in the manual like every other dev who has simulated them. If the player chooses not to read them, they're at fault.

• Like Like x 3
  47. RobSkip

465s as simulated in TSW2 use TrainFX for the destinations, another simple system seemingly too complex for DTG to simulate.

• Like Like x 2
  48. tallboy7648

If there's like another Q&A imma ask them about their inconsistencies and why its happening because we all know they can deliver on their products but it seems that one product will get good care and nor feel a bit rushed while another product will feel rushed at at times

• Like Like x 1
  49. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Again you're assuming everyone has access to the manual easily. What about the console players who don't get informed the manual is available? You then get them on the forums complaining and then it's pointed out where the manual is, and they go off and read it.

50. tallboy7648

That issue is mostly on the BKL. In SEHS you have 2 minutes which is more then enough time. All you would really need are the codes to St Pancras International, Faversham, Ramsgate And Margate

• Like Like x 1