Xbox Sehs 375 Not Moving After Timetable Run

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jampot317, Feb 17, 2021.

1. jampot317

jampot317 New Member

Pretty much what the titles says, I've finished 2 timetabled runs now of the 375 at Rochester, and each time the AI won't take back control of the train and it'll sit there, not letting me take control of the service. Sorry if this is a known problem or if I'm just being a bit dense, thanks a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

What does it say in your schedule? If it is empty then the AI has control or will take control when ready to go. You can't take control of a service leaving the game world.

I've not experienced this with the 375 (only 395) but if you are told to alight the train you sometimes have to enter/exit the cab at the other end of the train.

3. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

I have had the same problem. If the train goes to london victoria. Our final stop is rochester. Finish service. Get the performance thing then go back to roam. It should then say please alight train. It doesnt so nowt. Even try going in other end, nothing. Am getting the same dude. The please alight thing for the 375 work fine at gravesend eveb though have to go to back cab to finish it. But at rochester it defo doesnt work as it should. Even when you take a servcie heading back toward faversham from rochester. The victoria bound train doesnt move and ends up blocking the line. Its frustrating for sure

4. stevenwalker1985

The schedule stays a list. I get no issue with the 395 only 375 once u get to rochester if the service is ment to go to victoria which is across the second bridge rather than going down to strood

5. jampot317

jampot317 New Member

Schedule is clear, like I'm just in free roam so the AI apparently has control

6. jampot317

jampot317 New Member

Yeah there's defo something going on there, at least I'm not the only one, thanks

7. stevenwalker1985

Am the exactly same bud. Welcome. Hopefully gets fixed soon. Cause i doing trains to victoria till its fixed.

8. stevenwalker1985

Thats whats ment to happen likes. Defo doesn't. Lol

9. jampot317

jampot317 New Member

Yeah exactly, thanks for the help

• Like Like x 1
  10. jampot317

jampot317 New Member

Yeah I think I'll have to stick to other services for the moment

11. pendolino18

pendolino18 Active Member

Please follow these steps to make the AI take back control.

1. When you get to your last stop before the AI takes over (eg Rochester) make sure you stay seated at the controls. Close the doors and the graph will pop up.
    2. Click return to free roam and the message alight the vehicle will pop up.
    3. Go to the map which shows you're train and check which end of the train the star (objective icon) is showing.
    4. If it is the end you are already in, stand up and exit the train and close the door. You should then get another graph pop up. Cancel this and then the train should move off after a moment.
    5. If the objective marker is showing at the other end of the train, simply walk to that end, open the cab door and walk in and out and close it again. You should then get the graph like as above.

Just as a side note, in order to get the message alight vehicle you show correctly you HAVE TO BE SEATED in the cab and will not work if you are standing up.
    Also, a clear sign that the AI has taken over is that the destination screen on the front of the train will now be blank.

6. Go away and try this. Hope you find it useful

• Like Like x 1
  12. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

1. When you get to your last stop before the AI takes over (eg Rochester) make sure you stay seated at the controls. Close the doors and the graph will pop up.
    2. Click return to free roam and the message alight the vehicle will pop up.

It's slightly more complicated than that - in order to get the "alight the vehicle" message, you need to return to free roam at the time the train is due to leave or later. If you return to free roam earlier than this, you won't be asked to alight, and the train won't be transferred back to AI control.

An example - there's a London Victoria train which is due to arrive at Rochester at 11.25. You need to leave the train there, and the AI will take over, leaving at 11.26.

If you arrive early, perform the unloading task, and then wait until 11.26 before closing the doors and going to free roam, the "alight the vehicle" prompt will pop up. When it does, just leaving the train might be enough to transfer it to AI control, or you may need to step into and out of the other cab. But either way, you will succeed in giving up control and the train, driven by AI, will leave in a few seconds.

If you arrive early, unload, and then close the doors and return to free roam and it's still earlier than 11.26, you will never be told to alight the vehicle, and you will never succeed in giving up control to the AI. You might lose control yourself (so if you stand up you might not be allowed to sit back down in the driver's seat) but the AI won't take over.

If you return to free roam earlier than 11.26, and then wait in the driver's seat hoping for the "alight" instruction to pop up, it never will.

So the solution to the problem is - don't try to go to free roam until it's time for the train to leave. If you go to free roam too early, the sequence won't trigger and the train will stay there forever.

(OK, maybe not forever. After 15 minutes of blocking the platform and disrupting your game, the AI will actually drive the train away for you. Oddly, when it does so, you can still hear the AWS "pings" telling you that the next signal is green, just as if you were still driving it.)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. jampot317

jampot317 New Member

Thank you so much, I'll go off and have a go with that now

14. jampot317

jampot317 New Member

Ohhh okay thank you, I'll have a go at doing this

• Like Like x 1
  15. stevenwalker1985

Same

16. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

There's something very strange going on at Rochester. I brought in 1P24 Faversham-Victoria. Closed the doors at Rochester when it told me to. I got the score page and clicked continue free roam. I sat it the seat for 2 minutes before it asked me if I wanted to give up control of train to something or other portal. I had no normal instruction to leave the train. I gave up control and wandered to the other platform.

The 09.07 to Gillingham came in, a 375. I pressed E on the seat to take control. The AI ped just sat there. After a minute it eventually asked if I wanted to take control. The AI driver de-spawned. I sat down, set up the cab; the instruction was wait until 09.10 (The platform PIS changed from 09.07 to 09.11!) It's like the AI timetable is different to the user timetable.

• Like Like x 1
  17. stevenwalker1985

I agree completely.

18. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

It's not specific to Rochester, it's a general issue with any station where you need to leave because the train's about to leave the map.

The only way to give up control properly is to first get the "alight vehicle" prompt, and you won't see that unless you close the doors and go to free roam at or after the time the train is due to leave.

If you do it too early, that causes the confusion. Firstly, the train disappears from the PIS on the platform even though it hasn't left. Then it asks you, after 2 minutes, if you want to give up control, which it should never do if you're still in the driving seat. Even if you don't give up control, if you stand up and sit down again it tells you that you can't drive the service. And finally, when it asks you if you want to give up control, it names the service "AI.....portal" rather than the real service name.

All of these problems are happening because players are pre-empting the alight instruction and not realising they have to wait for it to appear. There's an obvious solution, and it's the same one that was used when this issue arises on GWE, when your train arrives at Reading and you need to alight before the AI drives it off the map. Add an instruction "Wait until (train the time is due to depart)". Then when that time arrives, show the alight instruction. Then everything will work fine.

19. stevenwalker1985

That would be a good thing to have. Make it alot clearer for sure.

20. stevenwalker1985

So what your saying is when it tells you to shut the doors, then do it. Get the graph stuff then go back to free roam then sit and wait for please alight here whilst still in the seat??

21. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

It also happened to me that a service (0630 Rainham-Rochester) wouldn't depart Rochester, it actually did it about 10 minutes after I stood up from the driver's seat. This train running late somehow made the 0716 Rochester-Rainham turn up 25 minutes late! The 0716 had the same light settings as I put the 0630 on (I left both ends on night mode lights, no tail lights) and the train had the same unit number, so it seems like those two services are operated by the same train and are somehow linked even if they go into (and come back out of) the portal at Rochester.

22. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

Not quite...

When it tells you to close the doors, only do so if it's time for the train to depart.

If it's earlier than that, wait until departure time.

Then close the doors, graph appears, and go into free roam.

Then you'll see the "alight vehicle" instruction. Get up and leave the train.

Another graph should appear, after which you go into free roam again.

If there's no second graph yet, go into and out of the cab at the other end of the train. Then the graph will appear.

After the second graph, go into free roam and the AI will drive the train away.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  23. stevenwalker1985

How will i know the departure time? Nothing shows on the screen. Its blank

24. stevenwalker1985

Thats strange.

25. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

Departure time won't be shown in this case, but it's always one minute after arrival time, just like the previous stops on the journey.

So if you're due to arrive at Rochester at 9.59, departure time is 10.00. Whenever you arrive, you'd have to wait until 10.00 before closing the doors and going into free roam.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. stevenwalker1985

So wait 1 minute after then close doors and all should be good after that? I dhall give it a bash. Ta

27. ethan#3478

ethan#3478 Member

Yeah its do with 375 and 377 i does this to me too and it also does same thing in eastcoastway going to ore to complete at eastbourne and the ai doesnt take control

• Like Like x 1
  28. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

How long do we have to wait at Brighton on ECW then? I brought in a service from Seaham, the game came up with the performance graph, and I continued in free roam so closed down the cab, changed the lights, isolated the safety systems.

I then left the train and went for a drink leaving my character stood near the gate line. 20 minutes later I joined another service (to Lewis)..I took control awaiting a signal. At this point I noticed the back working of the unit I'd brought in still sat there on platform 7.. 10 minutes overdue departure. The signal was green, and there was an AI driver in place. Trains were backing up to come into Brighton. It wouldn't depart so I quit the game.

29. pendolino18

This is because when you exited off the graph on arrival, the game assumes you are going to drive the return working of that train.
    If I am correct, I believe that ECW services have about 10 minutes turn around in Brighton.
    By the time you came back and took over another service it was probably past the departure time of the other service, hence why it did not move.
    In order for the service to be taken over by AI, you need to take control of another service before the departure time of the one you've just brought in.

(Hopefully) that makes sense

30. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

I guess it makes sense, thanks for the explanation but surely it should be the case that when departure time is reached, and we haven't sat in the other end the game asks if we want to leave the service? It seems like we're being forced to remain in control of the back working or the whatever the first departure is otherwise the timetable falls to bits.

31. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

The only instance I know of the AI not moving (when you don't have control of a service) is when you turn off power (Aux Off) to the Class 377 (where the passenger lights go out). The AI does not know how to power them on like other trains and so they attempt to open/close doors for passenger boarding with nothing happening. They will not move until you turn the power on due to needing the doors closed/opened. This may apply to the Class 375 and 395 also.

32. SWR450

SWR450 Active Member

figured out the issue, its with all trains you have to alight, you have to for some reason go to the rear coach and alight

33. pendolino18

Yes it would be a very useful feature indeed but I think they like to make it difficult.
    Just a personal preference but I think that when the graph comes up at the end of the run, pressing the return to free roam button makes you 'abandon' the service and there should be another button saying something like 'continue schedule' if you wanted to stay with that service.
    Would certainly make things a whole lot easier.

• Like Like x 2
  34. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I had a train at Gillingham stay after I got out. Even with it being on the extra platform, it held up the main line as the signal was set for its departure, so when a 395 came in that just sat at the station too. Total gridlock!