Game Crashes On Koln Aachen

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rhysrobinson336, Oct 1, 2020.

1. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

I have all my content installed (see post #46) and, as you can see from the list, that includes MSB.

I know this next bit is probably irrelevant but I thought I'd mention it anyway: I am fully aware that i'm fortunate enough not to have the same problems as others so being as how we're all playing the exact same game on the same(ish) hardware I have to ask myself what I have that others may not have in order for me to get a trouble-free experience and the only thing I can think of is that my version of MSB is *not* cross compatible with TSW2020 (ie, it didn't show as being installable when it became available). I own a physical copy of the previous game so my preserved content was obtained via activation codes that are exclusive to TSW2. I'm guessing the vast majority of gamers own digital copies of TSW2020 so, I don't know, maybe there is some kind of glitch with the way in which digital owners received MSB. Highly unlikely, I know, but if MSB is the underlying issue then I too should have the exact same problems so maybe DTG could send someone experiencing these crashes an activation key and ask them to replace it with the offending DLC to see if it makes a difference.

But as I said, it's probably not relevant but I thought I'd pass on my 'outside the box' thoughts regardless.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ADSTRAINSUK

ADSTRAINSUK Member

also i can run a scenario on one of the new German routes absolutely fine that people keep saying crashes

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Game crashes at Köln do not always happen. I’ve had them on some runs and not had them on others. I’m on PS4 with all the preserved collection installed. I’ve had game crashes at Düren too but hopefully the removal of all the static trains there will stop that happening now, not that crashes there were frequent.

• Like Like x 2
  4. cspencer553.cs

cspencer553.cs Member

Mines running fine on xbox

5. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Going to bump this thread given that they've removed this from the roadmap. I still have the issue, so it's disappointing that DTG are happy to bury their heads when it comes to this issue.

• Like Like x 2
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Since I have the series x, these crashes aren't as frequent but they do happen sometimes which is odd. It's kinda stupid how these issues have yet to be fixed months after release

7. LucasLCC

According to the stream today, these issues can't be reproduced and therefore they won't be fixing them.

Clearly none of us are having issues, and DTG don't care about their customers who have faulty content.

They've learnt absolutely nothing from the Miles Platting crashes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. stevens9001

stevens9001 Member

Hi what time was the re9 service ur console crashed on thanks

9. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but that's just not true. I was late to the stream and by coincidence was just listening to Sam and Adam saying it was removed from the roadmap because they couldn't reproduce this fault when I read your post here. There is no part of that whatsoever that radiates "DTG don't care about their customers who have faulty content". They need people to report it, listing the conditions in which it happened, their system parameters, etc, and they will bring it back when they have some data they can reproduce. That seems very reasonable to me, but if you heard something different in that stream please quote the time so we can all check it out for ourselves.

10. LucasLCC

You mean like this entire thread of people reporting issues? And the other threads that also are reporting the same issue...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

Suggest anyone having this issue to listen the stream, and this is the first issue they raised, they list exactly what each person experiencing it needs to do. If you've already done it, great, but nothing in that stream indicated they don't care about their customers, that's just plain unfair.

12. LucasLCC

DTG Protagonist - As requested by you on the roadmap thread, here's the thread that those of us suffering from crashes on SKA have been posting on.

For me it happens without fail. Doesn't matter what service I drive, if I save or don't save, it always crashes shortly before Koln.

I'm more than happy to work with DTG to test and detail anything that is needed. However I am incredibly disappointed that a fatal crash like this has been removed from the roadmap when you still have customers experiencing the issue. SKA is one of my favourite routes, but I can't play it as a result of this.

• Like Like x 1
  13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I am wondering- by chance does this crash occur on eastbound ICE services NOT running under LZB? Because this is about the point where, on many ICE services, LZB brakes to a stop before a red signal.

14. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

I can tell i get Still Crashes If MSB is install but this is i think only MSB. Bc i Drive Yesterday The 182 On Munich and My game was not Crashing i Think its a problem with MSB it self. And with MSB Layers i can tell the, 425 Can complett the HMA, i can drive the 425 and other trains On All routes.
    But only the MSB Trains have a Bug.
    So TrainSim-Matt DTG Protagonist

This i What i Think of The Crash buggs Its Something with The MSB DLC It Self.
    Bc if you drive other Trains like the 425 on MSB Its working So, for all pls test this deinstall msb and Test it then the crash should be fixt Its, sad you have then no more RE1 Services but i think MSB Need A hole Update or We need to wait and hope DTG look at this post

• Like Like x 1
  15. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

I had this crash while playing this earlier in the week. I thought it might have been because I'd been playing for a 4-5 hours beforehand and my poor old original XBox One needed a rest. I'll give it another look tonight and see whether it does the same.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

Played it again just now. I reached 2.1KM from Koln Hbf and it froze before kicking me back to my console's home screen. Reminded me of the old Miles Platting crash.

• Like Like x 1
  17. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Happens all the time to me on ska- especially on ice services

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. stevens9001

stevens9001 Member

I've had passengers walk on one side an off the other but never been kicked to the home screen, I've had a runaway train moving faster than the game can load the scenery which is kinder strange watching the game load the track just in front of the train with no scenery.

19. hypospray

hypospray Active Member

I have MSB , RSN , RRO and HRR installed.
    So far I never had a crash yet approaching Köln, but im on a Series X though.

20. LucasLCC

It seems to be luck of the draw. Some people have the issue and some don't, and DTG don't seem to be acknowledging or working with players to identify the issue...

• Like Like x 1
  21. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I used to have the issue on both Xbox one and Xbox series x but not anymore on series x, all of a sudden it just stopped happening

• Like Like x 1
  22. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The only thing I can think of, never having had this problem myself (on PC), is that as one approaches Koln eastbound, on many but not all services LZB initiates a braking sequence coming up to a yellow or full-stop red; it could be that an instruction isn't being handled properly.

• Like Like x 1
  23. thijsdenbraven

thijsdenbraven Member

My biggest question is will this ever be fixed ?

24. Mr.Drew

Mr.Drew Member

I tried it again on my Xbox One X, I did a Regional Express Service from Aachen to Cologne. I drove the Cab Car 767.2 It was the RE1 to Hamm (Westf) starting on 16:51. Shortly before Cologne it crashed again. However, this time I got an error message from my Xbox. This has never happened before. The message states that it is out of video memory. I hope this information helps the Dovetail team in order to have a more exact look on this issue again.
    Train used.jpg Error.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  25. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

Just had that too on my xbox series x today. Poorly optimised. Hopefully they will resolve that with the core optimisation...

• Like Like x 1
  26. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

I managed to make it into Koln, but it was using the cab view. I wonder whether there's a bit too much going on for the game to handle it. Whenever it crashed for me on my original XBox One it was using an external camera.

27. aaron1807

aaron1807 Member

I had this crash the other day for the first time ever, using a Series X btw. I was driving the ICE19 service from Aachen to Koln, as another user mentioned it happened right after the LZB red light braking sequence around 2.0 - 1.5km out from Koln just as it is switching over from LZB to PZB. I've played most ICE services from Aachen to Koln and it has only crashed on this particular service, I've also played services with similar LZB sequences and not had this issue before.

28. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That is the same thing that would pop up on my xbox one s and sometimes on my series x so it is clearly a optimization problem with the layers for ska so hopefully when the optimization update comes that issue will finally be resolved

• Like Like x 1