Roadmap Update - 23rd February 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Feb 23, 2021.

1. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Oof, then only a remodeled 313 I guess, that’s *if* they didn’t want to spoil the whole route yet, so maybe there are more trains coming with the route at launch, and dlc might be planned but isn’t confirmed yet, so more trains might come that way.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Any interesting freight on the Cathcart Circle?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I am really looking forward to the new upcoming routes and loco add-ons besides the GW 1970's theme pack. It's going to be awhile to them as I'm still waiting for sale on routes/locos I don't have yet.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Adam didn’t say it was the *only* unit with the DLC, just that that’s all they could confirm at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I work it out to be around 25 miles for the whole route, with both branches.

• Like Like x 4
  6. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I don't think so. It looks to be an inner city commuter line.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Thank you. I don't have always time to watch the stream, so I wasn't aware.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

The route is 5 or 6 miles long with 21 stations served to Cathcart with 2 other station branches (Newton & Neilson). The route itself is mostly suburban with services ranging from 30 minutes to 1 hour to and from Glasgow Central.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

It was mentioned in the stream tonight. Not a joke but something that has been done but shouldn’t have been mentioned in the roadmap.

• Like Like x 1
  10. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

Who cares if its a ugly train, the Class 314 is basically the same as the Class 313 that is coming to ECW.

• Like Like x 3
  11. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

In the stream it could only be confirmed that 314 was coming with Scottish route and any other train couldn’t be at this time confirmed, so it may not be the only one

• Like Like x 3
  12. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

HST weren't out until 1976 as guessing that the legends pack is from early 70's

• Like Like x 1
  13. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

The reason why the Arosa Line has not moved up to “Upcoming” is that the route may not be in testing stage yet, when its in testing it will appear in “Upcoming”, I am sure Sam will correct me on this if i am wrong.

The Announcement from Rivet about the Arosa line is that it’s their next release and telling us all about the route.

The Demonstration video that Rivet uploaded is showing how the signalling system works. If your wanting a release date Rivet and DTG will announce it when its closer to release.

• Like Like x 3
  14. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Thank you very much for the clarification

• Like Like x 1
  15. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

No freight runs on the line

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I've got to say, the choice of Cathcart puzzles me. Surely, one one think, if you are going to do a route in Scotland it would be one which would be, you know, Scottish? Moors and crags and grouse and heather and all that? Because suburban commuter railways all look the same. It could be Birmingham or Berlin just as well.

• Like Like x 4
  17. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    What I would like to know is, how much of the other lines eminating from Glasgow Central are modelled in the Cathcart Circle add on.
    Also how far out do any of these other lines extend (ie freight services) and are the depots at Shields Rd and Cokerhill included.
    Mike.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It looks great again :D

I don't understand, what is about with:
    Sorry if anyone has asked for this before, but these 4 pages... :D I know I know I know
    EDIT OK found it \o/ \o/ \o/ Interesting. I hope this is not the toilet syndrome :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  20. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I haven't even seen suggestions for that route as well. It's an intresting choice for the first scottish route in the game

• Like Like x 1
  21. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

I think the suggestions are used for a guide as what is popular. That is a bunch of possible routes would be thrown up for discussion, then compared to routes requested via all sources. The route that ticks most boxes of the type of routes being suggested would then probably be picked. My take anyway....

• Like Like x 1
  22. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

Any depots along the Cathcart route or near Glasgow

• Like Like x 2
  23. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

DTG Natster why has the class 52 preserved for Livery designer been removed from the road map it has been there since the 1970/gwe has been announced and now has mysteriously disappeared. Can you please add back onto the map to in planning or wherever it currently is?

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. Skyz2020

DTG Protagonist on a similar note to my above question for Nat if the class 52 preserved for Livery designer does not get added back onto road map it will not reflect well that owners of the 52 wsr, 08 tvl and 101 NTP do not have Livery designer access whilst anyone buying the new 70s pack will. I would suggest that Livery designer for08,101,52 for preserved should release at same time as 70s pack.

Or

It could look like you are selling three recycled locos on a already released route when paying customers are still waiting (since august) for their locos from wsr,tvl,ntp (52,08,101) to be added to the Livery designer

Thank you in advance for any news

• Like Like x 2
  25. johnathan015

johnathan015 Member

It was said by Adam on the roadmap stream yesterday that the Class 52 for the WSR has been made compatible for the livery designer, he just doesn’t know when it will be getting released.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. Skyz2020

Would you agree it should be before / at same time as 70s pack release? Surely it cant be right wsr52 owners have had to wait since August for Livery designer access to be beat to the post by a upgrade pack. Seems odd

• Like Like x 3
  27. ScottDarg

ScottDarg Member

Not on the Cathcart Circle. ScotRail has depots at Shields Road and Corkerhill south-west of Glasgow Central on the lines out towards Paisley.

Shields Road is responsible for the bulk of ScotRail's EMU maintenance, so if any depot was included it would likely be that one. However, it's on a totally different route out of Glasgow so would require quite a bit of additional scenery and track to include it.

Corkerhill was also a regular depot for the 314s but it is further out on the Paisley Canal branch so would require a significant amount of extra scenery / track to include it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Conspiracy theory that needs debunking: the locos in the 1970s pack will be livery designer compatible, but the same ones from the preserved collection will not be. Hence if you ever want to repaint the 101, 52 and 08 you need to buy the 70s pack...

• Like Like x 5
  29. Skyz2020

I agree, clarity is needed, owners of 101, 52, 08 from other routes have been waiting since august to be able to repaint their locos, now the the paid 70s pack has priority. Seems the preserved crew need to focus in on this as paying customers might start feeling left behind.

Having now watched last night's stream the language is changing from "almost all" preserved locos will get Livery designer access to "most" preserved locos, I hope we are not let down by TrainSim-Adam and crew. Personally as a gwe owner have been waiting since august for HST Livery designer access. Starting to have my doubts this will ever happen and will be become a "coming in tsw3 HST Livery designer access for a small upgrade of £24.99 ... "

TrainSim-Matt could you put my and others minds at rest that the above is not the slippery slope we are heading towards?

• Like Like x 3
  30. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The release schedule system IS odd, but then it's not up to DTG how the console releases work and they want everyone to have the same experience so even though they might fix 100 issues or make 1000 changes, they wait until a big update to release them because otherwise people with bandwidth or download limits will get slammed.
    I mean personally I think that's their problem not mine, but then I don't work for DTG

• Like Like x 2
  31. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

You’ve now tagged 3 members of the team, after them repeatedly saying that they do not like it.

They’re reading the thread and will reply where they see fit.

• Like Like x 3
  32. Skyz2020

I shall wait patiently..

• Like Like x 1
  33. goupil74

goupil74 Member

Arosa was annoncing, but the developpement advance has not been confirmed ton enter in final steps. It make probably several weeks beforce availibilité.

• Like Like x 1
  34. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

Clinchfield railroad maybe in few months

• Like Like x 2
  35. floofydoggo#5756

floofydoggo#5756 New Member

Wow, lots of new lines. DTG is really starting to embrace the "world" aspect of tsw with the arosa and now scottish lines. Also eying that Union Pacific line at the bottom of the road map. I wonder what outsourcing to rivet games and skyhook games will do to prices. Both seem like quality devs.

• Like Like x 2
  36. solicitr

Excuse me?

37. ARuscoe

That is of course your choice, but having read the OP I don't think the answers have been particularly putting you down
    There is no confusion about the Arosa line being on the roadmap, as the roadmap isn't an indication of how long it will take for the line to be made, tested, produced etc
    It only means that someone (and it could BE one) is making it

That the same company then produces a video on an unrelated topic isn't really relevant.

• Like Like x 1
  38. ARuscoe

DTG aren't making (or outsourcing) the Arosa line. A 2nd/3rd party is making that route (and made the route in TSx as well)

• Like Like x 1
  39. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

What exactly is the issue that you have with the roadmap

40. solicitr

A 3rd party which has long specialized in Switzerland.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

If we do get another im hoping for a 380 or 385 but I think this is highly unlikely considering the class 314 was withdrawn from service in 2019 so the route is likely set pre 2019 so a 318 seems more likely to me.

Must of misheard that, but I think we will get 1 more because DTG seem to include 2 trains with most there TSW2 routes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Of which one is reused. I don't know any existing train that could be reused on this route?

• Like Like x 1
  43. TrainSim-Adam

TrainSim-Adam Staff Member

Hiya,

I can confirm that Livery Designer compatibility has been done on the WSR Class 52, TVL Class 101, HFP Class 08 and the NTP Mk1 and Mk2 Coaches. Those will come to the Preserved Collection for owners of that content. Just because the main development team has a DLC coming out that beats these vehicles to the Livery Designer has no bearing on whether Preserved Collection trains gets the feature.

I want the HST and other trains in the Livery Designer asap as well, but I cannot have the Preservation Crew be bias to UK content. The GWE HST,166 and 66 will get into the Livery Designer on my watch, but they'll have to wait their turn.

• Like Like x 18
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  44. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Thanks Adam, that is good to know.

• Like Like x 1
  45. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm a little bit disappointed by the new announced content. TSW 2 feels like can't escape from being a British heritage simulator. British routes and old locos again. I understand that the developers themselves are British and that given the current situation in the world it's easier to model local routes. However, this is Train Sim World. I would like to see more diversity in the countries represented. I would like to look forward to more exotic routes. I was very happy when LGV (France) arrived and when the Arosa Line (Switzerland) was announced (but again, with old loco). There are so many more countries and railways. I was hoping that at least one unique country would appear on the Roadmap. Japan, Korea, Australia, whatever. To expand the horizon of the sim. The future of TSW currently feels underwhelming for me, I'm afraid DTG can't take the next big step to include more international content. And as easy it would be to state that "at least I won't have to spend money on it", I would actually like to spend my money on it. But for more diverse content. I'm completely done with German routes and, after the otherwise great SEHS, I'm full with British content as well.

I can only hope that I will be proven wrong in one of the future Roadmaps.

• Like Like x 2
  46. Skyz2020

Thank you Adam, your last line about making it in on your watch is great. I will patiently wait for the crew to get round to the HST. I do appreciate your response and will not disturb you further at this stage :)

• Like Like x 2
  47. solicitr

The 314 will be essentially the 313 with tweaks. Leaving a vacancy for an all-new train.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

For the Class 43, are you able to confirm if livery designer will use the standard Great Western Green model, or if it will use the alternate model that doesn't have the embossed GWR logo on the side?

EDIT: Really appreciate the work your team is doing bringing new features and fixes to the preserved content! Very much looking forward to the impending LIRR upgrades, as I haven't really touched it since TSW2020!

• Like Like x 3
  49. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Oh, I didn't forget about 313, still waiting, but it was dropped back to "in planning" while Cathcart Circle is "in production" so no idea which one will come first. Also hoping for more than one train of course and why not a DLC train too.

• Like Like x 1
  50. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That was a mistake. It's still in production.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1