Tsw Crash "unhandled Exception"

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by vike001141, Feb 23, 2021.

1. vike001141

vike001141 New Member

I've been playing TSW2 for a while and over the last couple of months, I've been experiencing a LOT of random crashes while playing. It doesn't matter When, Where or What I'm doing. It always crashes when I've driven for around 5 minutes on every route, every mode. There's not any route it doesn't crash on. I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, 16 GB of RAM and an i-5 8400 @ 2.80GHz (Boost up to 4.0GHz)

This is what exacly happens:
    I spawn in and get around 60 FPS and no major lag spikes.
    When I've driven for around 5 minutes a major lag spike comes and the screen freezes for like 0.5 seconds.
    Then the game continues just as normal for around 1 second and then the appliaction closes with a Unreal Engine crash handler launching telling me what's wrong. I could try recreating it again and copy exacly what it says.

I've seen other threads about this, but they're all about AMD graphic cards. So I decided to create this thread.

I've already reinstalled it twice and no result. I can't find any tutorials on YouTube either as well as on Google. Does someone else have this issue too? Do you know how to fix it? Please reply. I really wanna play this beautiful game again! :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I'm impressed you're getting 60fps with that setup :).

I would start with machine. Make sure the machine itself is stable. Make sure you've got latest bios and drivers.

Is TSW2 the only game you play? Do you have anything else that works the GPU really hard? Go and find yourself a benchmark called FurMark https://geeks3d.com/furmark/ and run in the burn in test at the same resolution you run the game. Let it run for the same time the game lasts. If your PC crashes then you may either have a temperature stability or a power supply problem.

If that test goes ok, then you know the system itself is fairly stable so you should definitely recreate and post the crash information here. If you have the capability record the game play (use geforce experience tools) and put the video up on YouTube (private is ok) and post a link with your report so the game team can see it happening.

Paul

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. vike001141

vike001141 New Member

Hello! Thank ou for giving me an answer! I will try what you suggested and see what happens. See you.

4. vike001141

vike001141 New Member

I did the test and it had a abg. FPS on 66. I do play other simulation games like MSFS 2020, OMSI 2, TramSim etc. They all seem to work fairly fine. I will record the gameplay footage and send it to te support team! Thank you for helping me!

• Like Like x 1
  5. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I hope they can help you. At least with your test and the other games you know your machine is stable.

Paul