37 Pack Vol.2 Is Out.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pookeyhead, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

I thought it was expensive AI? ;)

2. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

I indulged in a lot of AP and other stuff over the sales. Need to gradually try them all. Pick an MU at a time and get to know it properly.

3. Mack Winston

Mack Winston Active Member

I got vol2 in the December sale on the AP website.

My favorite classic BR loco is the class 50 (and I also have the AP 50), but I find myself using the class 37 probably the most - it's the best done diesel loco for TS that I've found. The sounds in the volume 2 class 37 pack are excellent, and it feels distinct from vol1. There's all sorts of subtlties e.g. if you're in the no.2 end you can hear the relays when you move the power controller out of "off" (a nice satisfying 'clunk'), and if you listen carefully you can hear relays when the traction motor field diverts happen although these are more subtle. In the other cab you can hear the fan and the compressor start and stop. The screaming turbochargers sound great whichever end of the loco you're in. Compare the external sounds to the real thing, and you won't be able to tell the difference.

As for scenarios, I never use the AP ones (I never seem to have the laundry list of DLC they require), I usually edit existing scenarios and replace the loco with the one I want.

4. inversnecky

Same here.

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I did not recognise my post for a second but it was from AUGUST last year :o

6. Pookeyhead

The sounds of the AP Class 158 Cummins unit is absolutely spot on. I've been on enough of these old hectors to recognise anything amiss.
    LOL.. I know... couldn't resist.

7. inversnecky

After buying AP37 Vol 2 for a BR Blue Class 37, you’ve reached the pinnacle of TS. Who on earth would need any other locomotive?!

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Strangely enough not everybody thinks the 37 is the best loco in existance
    I will have an 68 over a 37 and the 86 is better still on an electrified route.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pookeyhead

I prefer driving the AP 86

• Like Like x 1
  10. ex-railwayman

ex-railwayman Active Member

I thought the Railright Class 40s were the best, all 200 models of the BR Blue livery with appropriate boilers, noses and name plates for the older ones, as well as the green versions for our older layouts, another magnificent offering to keep us entertained with. And I've just got the Class 50 also, so, we've done very well for English Electric locos now from AP, my stable is nearly full, all I could do with in the future is a Class 26 for the Scottish routes and we're made.

Cheerz. Steve.

• Like Like x 1
  11. inversnecky

Now there’s a guy who knows what’s really needed in TS!