PC Wrong Speed Limit For Class 66 On Sehs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by james#6343, Feb 25, 2021.

1. james#6343

james#6343 Member

I attached a photo of the speedometer saying the speed limit is 70 MPH, but the board I passed said 45/70 meaning it should be 45mph for freight trains. Not a massive bug, but does take a bit out of the realism.

Attached Files:

2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

A set defect in TSW, with a fix indefinitely in the future. The HUD speed limit and the speedometer "speeding" function are tied to the maximum track speed, no matter what you are driving. Therefore split speed limits, lower freight limits, signal limits etc are all not reflected in the HUD display.

The one exception to this is Sand Patch, which enforces the freight limits because there are no passenger trains modeled. Even for light locos, which in RL go at passenger speeds!

3. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Yeah, but even when you're running on the 75+ mph parts of SEHS, the Class 66 is hauling a Class 6 train so should be travelling at no more than 60mph.

There needs to be work done on advising on speeds by their headcode.

4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

5. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

6. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

This is a slight issue with German routes too. I remember on MSB I was able to go 150 kmh with a freight train and was shocked then when I could not break in time for a red signal (playing with safety systems off back then). Apart from the pzb limits, freight trains in Germany are never to exceed 120 kmh, but it does not show that cap on the speedometer. Enabling pzb fixes that though