Static Class 465 Gangways

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Aran, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

This was observed on the recent 465 Stream, the gangways between seperate vehicles is not flexible like on most previous TSW trains, the only exception being the Class 395. Both of those should have the fully functioning gangways and bend like a ribbon in curves, instead they create an awkward gap in the train because of the connection only being at one end.

TrainSim-Matt said he would look into it, so if he is reading this, and update would be appreciated. I am hopeful that this is indeed a bug and not just a cheap method to save time and lower quality and Matt mentioning that they should work indicates that it is the former.

I was able to grab some screenshots of the bug/oversight/missing feature on the 395 where it is also an issue so those can be downloaded in the attachements. it is exactly the same issue as on the 465.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 20
  2. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Another bug which was raised was the rain sounds in the interior. Matt said it was to do with the occlusion volume or something like that.

Hopefully it’ll get fixed before release.

• Like Like x 5
  3. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

And while on it, he also wanted to check whether the 465 substitutes randomly in for the 375 or appears for certain timetable runs.
    Also there was a mention of missing services to faversham, although that might be working as intended and extended via the scenario that has you run to favorsham.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Yes that's irritating aswell, but at least it doesn't happen in the cab, like on numerous other trains.

5. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

The gangways are not the only that thats irritating me, the cables and the coil on top between the coaches are also static

6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Same on the TGV Duplex

7. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

The static cables is only on the two end locos of the TG Duplex. This isn't possible for DTG to don't make them static because you can uncouple the engines from the passenger coaches.

This is what I think, this can also be not true!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

The underground stock from the Bakerlo Line also has this issue. This protective thing that I suppose is there to prevent people from falling between the cars is totally static, so when the cars are in a curve, one side just floats in the air.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pretty ridiculous for TSW standards, if you ask me.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

I did see that aswell, and at the time I foolishly assumed it was a one off thing because the Underground has very sharp turns which might cause issues. So I accept it there, even though it is a bit ridiculous, but seeing it on normal mainline trains like the 465 or 395 just give me the impression someone decided it wasn't important enough.

I really hope TrainSim-Matt follows this up and gets it fixed, he did say it should work after all.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I remember that one of the first things I noticed when GWE came out was the realism in the way that the train's carriages and gangways react to bumps and curves, and I thought it was beautiful. It was one of the reasons that I decided to upgrade to the new game and stopped playing TS21.

Many of us in the community admired the attention to detail that DTG put into their initial routes, but sadly it looks like routes and trains are now being rushed to maximise profit over quality, and many of these features that initially caught our eyes are now being removed to allow for routes and trains to be made as quickly as possible.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

I have asked TrainSim-Matt about this matter on todays stream, and there is no update on the situation. So we can expect beautiful holes in the train tomorow. It's a shame, it looks like the quality is really dropping in all areas.

12. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

That was always the case, what we were shown was a release build, already submitted. Hopefully there will be a patch soon after. But if that’s the biggest problem the 465 has, I can live with that.