Northeast Corridor Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TrainSim-Jay, Mar 20, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Dear Railfans,

We hope you're excited about the new Train Sim World: Northeast Corridor New York! If you haven't seen it already, check out
    check out the Launch Trailer here!

We're very excited to be launching this latest expansion and think you'll love it - for anybody concerned, below is a list of known issues that are currently being looked at.

• Northbound trains get stuck at Raghun on Rapid Transit around 12:25 pm in ServiceMode.
    • Graphical glitch with locomotive coupling wires stretching to the horizon.
    • Save/Reload can sometimes mix up the state of locomotive headlights.
    • AI trains lack audio on NEC New York.
    • Speed limits imposed by signals are not warned about in advance on the HUD in NEC New York.
    • The Dynamic Brake is missing from the audio of the ACS-64.
    • Diesel Electric Simulation is still being improved.
    • Signaling on NEC New York can sometimes give incorrect signal aspects.
    • 'Time to Penalty' is not yet active on ATC and ACSES in NEC New York yet.
    • Sometimes passengers do not appear on platforms in TSW when the player or AI arrives at the station.
    • Snow appears on some switch motors that are underground.
    • The Bell on the ACS-64 can sometimes get stuck on.
    • Passengers can be seen walking across the track at several station level crossings on Rapid Transit.
    • When Sand Patch locomotives appear in New York, they lack an Engineer and Conductor in the cab.
    • Exterior controls for the Coupler and Step Lights on rolling stock are untranslated.
    • Instruction to press CTRL+P to action the MCB in the ACS-64 should be CTRL+SHIFT+P.
    • The overhead wires can sometimes drift too far horizontally from the center of the track.
    • There are no scheduled freight services in NEC New York yet. However, freight locomotives and stock are available to be used around the route if you spawn in on foot.
    - Jay

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Carolinaseeker94

Carolinaseeker94 New Member

There also is another issue with the TSW:NorthEast Corridor New York. When doing the scenarios and services tabs. It says you have reached the end of the allowed area and the simulation stops and goes back to the main menu and I haven't reached my destination. If that would be fixed along with the Graphical glitch with wires stretching to the horizon. This game would easily be a 10/10 but right now it's 7/10. I still love playing it though.

3. MillerPC

MillerPC Active Member

Another one: There isn't audio for the tutorials. It's just subtitles.

EDIT: There's no audio for the narrator at all.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

DTG Matt said in the stream yesterday that there wouldn't be narration for the subtitles in NEC: New York

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. MillerPC

MillerPC Active Member

Okay, that's odd. I also saw that they didn't fix the scenario with the broken signal.

6. NorthRail1

Which scenario has the broken signal?

7. NR1

NR1 New Member

Scenario 1, stuck red signal just outside of Penn, request to pass denied. Arrived at signal on time / couple mins from scheduled arrival time. Signal won't change even though path set on map. Attempted scenario 3 times, same issue. Not a particularly good start really, especially after a delayed release to fix bugs.

8. jf1963

jf1963 New Member

On the ACS-64, most of controller keys don't work (xbox360 controller), space bar doesn't activate the horn. Everything is set as it should be unless i'm missing something.

9. jf1963

jf1963 New Member

Sound seems to stutter a lot on mine but video is ok. had to exit game once on heavy haul to fix it but didn't do the trick here. running freight scenario.

10. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Spoken narration doesn't exist in the German DLC, either. I see this as a serious loss in comparison to CSX and GWE. Is this lack of a much appreciated feature due to some inability to provide spoken narration in multiple languages? If not this, which could lead to accusations of prejudice in today's overly protective world, what is the problem, DTG?

11. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

They don't have the time (as with many things) to get voiceovers on every route. Keep in mind that CSX was indev for almost as long as TSW was in progress-they had so much time with it to make it 60 miles and get multiple voice actors in on it. GWE had more than 6 months. RT and NY had 3 months. Big difference, sacrifices had to be made, and voice actors would be ez pz to not worry about.

Of course, the fact that there are still subtitles is a very odd thing, and it gives off the impression that there should be voiceover. I still stand by the notion that DTG needs to invest in a way to get these messages to the UI in a way less subtle than subtitles if there are to be no voiceovers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kestrel33

Kestrel33 Active Member

For me, I'm glad there are no voices. I found them annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  13. PlaysWithTrains

PlaysWithTrains New Member

Yes, confirm this and that it is still red after 30 IRL minutes. It even happened in Matt's streaming demo on 3.20....

14. PlaysWithTrains

I wanted to add that this bug is well-documented also in CXH HH and GWR. It may be a problem in UE or more likely in the way TSW is interacting with UE. In NEC, it's reproducible (I think for the first time). It happens in City Sprinter scenario slightly under a mile before Secaucus northbound. This occurrence reported at ticket JXZ-241-75656. Video here:

15. Kuu Lightwing

Kuu Lightwing Active Member

Good to see the diesel-electrics making their way to the list at the very least.

16. PlaysWithTrains

Another continuing bug carried over from CSX and GWR: disappearing tracks. Video here,
    . Reported, ticket #KHT-182-39290. Sigh.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shtirlitz-isaev

Shtirlitz-isaev Member

18. bvk

bvk New Member

I did I believe the first scenario with the GP 38 and suddenly the track ended:

[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]

There was no instruction to change a junction before departing or did I miss that somehow?

19. slenderman7676RBLX

slenderman7676RBLX Member

on NEC new york the ACS-64's bell does not do the doppler effect (does not change pitch when moving towards or away from camera at speed) and the ACS-64's K5LA does not sound like an actual ACS-64's horn (3rd generation K5LA) and when i was riding a regional from NY to new Rochelle the HEP failed (passenger car lights went out) about halfway there and AI services do not have the HEP on by default i also got a suggestion for an improvement: how about making the handbrake and emergency brake valve in the amfleet passenger cars actually work

20. NorthRail1

You need to switch junctions to get to Bronx River Bridge

21. bvk

bvk New Member

Yes, that seems to be obvious... ;) But when and where, I did not notice any instruction for that?

22. NorthRail1

When you go on to the track view (9) you will see a blue path from your location to the destination marker, check all the junctions along this blue path and set them so the train continues along the blue path to the destination marker.

23. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

Anyone else have rain coming through the roof of Secaucus Station? Also rain sounds being heard in the river tunnels?

24. NorthRail1

I've noticed fog/wind blowing through the walls of Newark station on the Winter Blizzard preset

25. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Which run was this I would like to take a look at it myself.

26. NorthRail1

I think it is scenario 2, Terminal Switch

27. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

No third rail in Penn and HAROLD for the LIRR.

• Like Like x 3
  28. JackRyan

JackRyan Member

No third rail in Newark and Harrison station for the PATH as well

• Like Like x 2
  29. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  30. hunterwj12

hunterwj12 New Member

Another missed detail: The sliding doors between the passenger cars do not automatically close after about 5-10 seconds like they do in real life.

• Like Like x 2
  31. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I just ran the scenario and there is no missing switch. Run it again and as you leaving press the 9 key to bring up the 2d map you missed a switch. Make sure your track is aligned with the track in blue.

32. Texanator1987

Texanator1987 Member

When riding as passenger out of Rochelle, about 1 minute into the run, the train disappears and leaves me motionless on the track. When I switch to view 1, I'm back in the coach but we aren't moving. View 2 shows the loco stuck with no coaches and the wheels are sliding back and forth. And there are buildings on the track. And in the overhead map view I appear to be east of the end of the route.

33. Bookman60

Bookman60 New Member

AI trains at night have no headlights. The cone of light works but not the lower lamps.

34. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

If you mean ditch lights, everything is right: they shouldn't be enabled.

35. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

Had the same issue. Turns out I took the wrong train out of Rochelle and went northeast.

36. Shtirlitz-isaev

Shtirlitz-isaev Member

Новая Рошель

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  37. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

She's the adventurous type.

• Like Like x 1
  38. LastTrainToClarksville

I "ran into" -- literally, the same problem. Of course, my first thought was also "why wasn't I warned about that?", but after calming down, running the scenario successfully and enjoying it a lot, I realized that the derailment was actually my fault, since I should have checked the route ahead while driving.

So, there are two ways to look at this. 1) Why is a switch set to take the PT onto a dead-end siding? This is obviously the fault of the TSW development team! 2) Why didn't I check switches ahead of me, using the 2D map?

If at first your engine derails, just start the scenario over again -- and be thankful this didn't happen in the real world.

• Like Like x 1
  39. bvk

bvk New Member

Thanks, I managed to get on the right track this time:

[​IMG]

And I also saw the instruction now to switch the junction levers, but it is only for two seconds or so on screen. One can easily miss this....

40. Stig

Stig New Member

I've also met some of them! [​IMG]

Scary stuff :D

• Like Like x 2
  41. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Yes they should.

42. Anthony Pecoraro

They are on. For some reason you can’t see the lights until it gets very close.

43. USRailFan007

USRailFan007 Well-Known Member

I've had a quite a few passengers descend from the heavens, while waiting at NY Penn with the doors open. They just come on down, penetrate the roof and take their seats like, "There's nothing to see here". LOL

• Like Like x 2
  44. LastTrainToClarksville

I certainly missed it! I just might run the scenario again to see if I can catch it in a screenshot. (I've always been a doubting Thomas.)

45. LastTrainToClarksville

Looks like the developers were watching Monty Python while programming!

• Like Like x 1
  46. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Or should they?

Per NORAC Rule #22 (from wonderful cActUsjUiCe manual), regarding the main headlights:

> The headlight facing the direction of movement on every train and engine must be displayed brightly by day and night. Engines in yard service must display the headlight to the front and rear, by day and by night.

And regarding ditch lights (auxiliary lights):
    > Auxiliary lights must be operational before the engine leaves its initial terminal and must be displayed when the engine is approaching and operating over public highway crossings at grade.

If you have better source I'd like to be proven wrong.

47. Anthony Pecoraro

I always see trains with ditch lights on while they are on the mainline. They dim there lights when passing another train to no blind the other driver.

48. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

All I see in that rule is that you can be docked for having your ditch lights off at a crossing. Saying nothing about other situations implies that nobody actually cares unless you are at a crossing, meaning you could have them on or off. And saying they must be operational before leaving also kinda implies that you begin using them right as you leave.
    Not saying you are wrong, but you think you are proving a point that is not demonstrated at all.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  49. Anthony Pecoraro

All I’m saying is that every time I see a train on the mainline, they have their ditch lights on with full headlights. They dim the headlights and turn off ditch lights when passing another train to not blind the other driver.

50. RMNRWY

RMNRWY Member

GP38-2 YN3 has low resolution trucks and headlights/ditch lights lenses. The YN3b and YN2 version are visually correct.