New Liveries For German Locomotives

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jolojonasgames, Feb 28, 2021.

1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all, in my recent suggestion for the Elbtalstrecke I suggested some possible liveries that could come with a DB BR 146.0 add-on, inspired by the idea of the Trainbow livery on the BR class 395. However, many of the German locos already in game, or announced to come to the game have some unique (advertisement) liveries. Some of these might not be possible to add due to licensing issues (even though it is literally an advertisement :) ) but it would be nice to see DTG add at least a few of these. They would be something unique to look for while on your travels, and provide a welcome break from the endless DB traffic red. I'll list them sorted by loco, and will briefly mention the loco number and on which route the livery would be fitting.

They could come into game in a regular update, but it might make more sense to add them as rewards for Mastery Challenges, Community Challenges or during Special Holidays with which they would fit. (for example a xx Years of German unity to celebrate German Unification, even though the livery might say 25 years, while it has been 30.)

DB BR 146.2
    [​IMG]

146 247-2 is outfitted in this DB Vernetzt in die Zukunft livery. It can be seen around the München area, so should be seen on HMA
    [​IMG]
    146 246-4 is outfitted in this Bahnland Bayern livery. This one too can be seen around München, so should be on HMA.
    [​IMG]
    146 227-4 showing an advertisement for the Stuttgart-Ulm high-speed line developement. It usually can be seen in Baden-Württemberg, which is not in TSW yet. MSB would be the closest alternative.

DB BR 185.2
    [​IMG]

185 401-7 with a DB Cargo advertisement. This can be seen on all routes in game.
    [​IMG]
    185 367-0 "Günni Güterzug". This one too can be seen througout Germany.

ICE 3M (BR 406)
    [​IMG]

406 001 with a Europa livery, can be seen on SKA
    [​IMG]
    NS also owns a few BR 406 trains, as these drive in a pool with the ones on SKA, they can be seen there.

[​IMG]
    A BR 403 in a recently unveiled Rainbow livery. Just like the trainbow on the class 395 this could be great to see.

DB BR 101
    The BR 101 has very many advertisement liveries, I've only shown the tip of the iceberg, please leave your favourites below. You can find some more on http://www.ralf-bueker.de/Loks_DB_BR_101_Werbeloks.htm

[​IMG]

101 112-1 in the classic Rheingold colours, this could come with the BR 101 DLC
    [​IMG]
    101 060-2 with an advertisment for Kirchentag Dortmund
    [​IMG]
    101 068-5 with an advertisement for the GreenTech Festival. DB is partnered with this festival.
    [​IMG]
    101 098-2 The DB also sponsors Jugend Trainiert, this livery commemorates their 50th anniversary
    [​IMG]
    101 066-9 with a pride livery, basically the German Trainbow :)

DB BR 422
    [​IMG]

many of the BR 422 S-bahn sets on HRR and RRO are currently outfitted in this special Rhein-Ruhr livery.

DB BR 423
    [​IMG]

423 211-1 in a Bahnland Bayern livery, this however is not the modernized version that comes with HMA
    [​IMG]
    423 589-1 40 jahre S-Bahn München, this one too is not the modernized version on HMA

DB BR 182
    [​IMG]

The BR 182 could also be seen in a Railion livery
    [​IMG]
    182 506 with DB Systemtechnik lettering on the side, this one is hauling a Intercity.
    [​IMG]
    182 004-2 with a Porsche advertisement, hauling an Intercity.

MRCE BR 185.5
    [​IMG]
    185 554-3 in a livery that is somewhat different from the one currently in game.

I hope all of you like this idea. I can't post something with more then 20 images, so this will have to do for now. Many of the (German) locos in game have these different liveries, and it would be fun to see them. I hope that at least the ones that are DB and MRCE own advertisements can be done due to licensing. Please do leave your own favourites below, I'd love to see them.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 30
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Wait for liv des to come to these locos

• Like Like x 1
  3. jolojonasgames

I really think it would be better if they came with the game. I'm not good enough with the Livery designer for all these liveries as some have detailed images on them, and they would be very rare to see on any other train than your own. This would also mean everyone has them. Perhaps they would make nice rewards for Mastery Challenges or Community Challenges.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Almost (if not) all of those liveries have copyright implications, so it would be a case of whether the effort and work to gain the copyrights would be worth the use in game

5. jolojonasgames

That is a concern. But quite a few could maybe be done under the current licenses, as they are just special liveries from DB. Others wouldn't be worthwhile if the licensing for them is too much work.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I would see this being most possible with liveries, where DB advertises basically itself or its own programs. Even in model trains they're pretty cool with manufacturers doing those and you don't need extra licenses. These extra liveries would also make for some really cool community challenge rewards as I suggested some time ago in a separate thread https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/trainbow-precedent.35003/ "Hey, this month you have to complete 100000 services and you can win the 'Das ist Grün' livery for DB 185.2, which will then randomly appear on services/scenarios just like Trainbow and Back to Medway on Javelins"

• Like Like x 3
  7. jolojonasgames

That was indeed kind of what I was aiming at. Comepletely agree that the liveries where DB advertises for itself or its own programs are way more feasible than others.

8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

They'd still possibly be copyright by the design houses, and then you have any words on them such as "olympics" or city names which you may need to get copyright passed.
    It's not always as simple as "which train is it on, let's ask them" unfortunately

• Like Like x 1
  9. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I would love to see the Green BR422, these liveries would be cool because in console there are only the options to make an own livery but it is hard and isn't fun

• Like Like x 1
  10. jolojonasgames

I have now recreated this livery myself, which is downloadable for PC users. Hopefully I'll be able to share it once creators club comes online. The livery can be downloaded here.

I still feel like this thread contains some interesting options for DTG to explore, including the possibility of sponsoring their own livery like they did with Amtrak. Perhaps this thread can also serve as inspiration for some of you in regard to the upcoming creators club.

11. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Creators club released on steam about 1pm

12. jolojonasgames

Yeah, just realized, will probably be adding some liveries to it soon, if I can manage

13. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

DB BR182 also exists in VVO Paint
    Here's the DB BR182 VVO Paint at Radebeul Ost on Riesa-Dresden Video
    VVO DB BR182 is 182 016 6