Train Sim World 2 - Appalachian Gem

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Feb 18, 2021.

1. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Yes, they can sell this as a loco pack! Hopefully it includes something like a U36C, a small switcher, and maybe a geep, like a GP7 high nose, those will be really cool to drive! Or they could include a U36, switcher (SW7 or NW2) and an EDM SD45, but I’ll prefer the GP7 over the SD imo.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MetrolinkF125#916

Lol

3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

There are several SW2s still running on heritage railways.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I highly doubt DTG will put all the locomotives into 1 bundle, as other DLCs show that new locos usually get their own pack. At most each locomotive will get their own pack.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I love the photos on the previous page. Clearly the colours are very bright and part of that may be the age of the film, but it would be great to capture that brightness and saturation of colour in-game.

• Like Like x 1
  6. solicitr

The Heavy Freight Pack for NTP, also a vintage route, contained both a road engine and a switcher

• Like Like x 2
  7. Blacknred81

From what I can gather, only one of the locos in that pack was new.

The BR Class 08 was released 1st for the Tess Valley Line in May 2019, before being included in the Heavy Freight Pack which released the next month.

This cant be applied to really any of the Clinchfield locomotives, as all are currently non existant in TSW2. (The closest would be the SD45-2, but would still need reworked models and physics due to its higher HP output and different long hood compared to the SD40-2. The GP7 is also close to the GP9RM from OSD, but would still need work to make it a proper GP7)

• Like Like x 1
  8. solicitr

Query: has any route to date been the beneficiary of two separate loco DLCs?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blacknred81

Peninsula Corridor

• Like Like x 1
  10. solicitr

One of which was a switcher. Good point.

• Like Like x 1
  11. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

Also RSN with the 363 and 155

• Like Like x 1
  12. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Let's add WSR to that list with the Class 33 and Class 52. NEC technically as well, with the GP40-2 and SW1000R/cabcar. Are there any others?

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Fairly well, there's a few issues that exist though. The most notable one I'd say's the lack of whistle boards, also a few speed signs aren't marked on the HUD, otherwise not many complaints with the route itself. As for stock while it includes a lot of stock it's pretty much all Kuju era items, so it's very much quantity over quality. The GP38 in particular stands out as while they did get rid of the ditchlights the lights still pop on whenever you use the horn. Also a lot of the rolling stock's unmarked, which is weird since they clearly have licensing for it, and at least a few of those items are in new liveries.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Tees Valley also has two add-ons, the Class 20 & 31.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Blacknred81

Whats even weirder is that for the U36C dlc, they added CRR markings to the rolling stock included with that package. So it's odd why they were unbranded in the default launch. (At least the preview artwork shows that wont be an issue at least for the coal hoppers for TSW2)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Another interesting thing about the U36C is that DTG added it to the TS Clinchfield, which was supposedly set in the early 1980's, after I believe it no longer wore CRR livery. The TSW2 version is apparently set some 10 years earlier, which would make it more appropriate as an add-on. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think we need to be careful when comparing the two versions. The TS version came, eventually, with a plethora of locos and rolling stock which we may not get with the TSW2 version, at least on launch.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

The article says it's set in the final years of operation, which it says is in the 70's and early 80's, so I would reckon it's probably the same time period as the TS Classic. And regardless I hardly see how it would really be that out of place, I can't imagine the line changed much from the 70's to early 80's that would make it alien. The line still had F7's in the 80's for pete sake, most other lines had already retired them at that point, they can't have been a line that cared about having the latest and greatest all the time.
    Agreed, again it's very much quantity over quality, the plethora of stock's kind of meh at best, Say what you will about the SD40-2 in TSW, but that kicks the pants off the Kuju version, and I'm sure the F7 will as well. TSW will have less stock sure, but I can guarantee you that said stock will play a lot better than the stock with the OG route.

• Like Like x 2
  18. solicitr

Early 80s would be problematical, since by that time a lot, but not all CRR locos had been repainted in Family Lines colors, their four remaining F-units had been consigned to mine duty, and all their GP7s had been rebuilt as GP11s or GP16s.

CRR ex-GP7, newly reborn as a GP11 in FL livery, 1978:
    CRR_FL_GP11.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Question, were there any major changes to the actual route from the 70's to early 80's? Like track and infrastructure changes for example?

• Like Like x 1
  20. solicitr

No, none at all. Seaboard let the CRR run itself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. solicitr

Oh, a note on the above: the GP11, GP16 and GP9M were all in effect the same locomotive, the number depending on where the rebuild took place (GP11, Illinois Central's Paducah shops; GP16, Seaboard's Tampa shops; GP9M, Conrail's Juniata shops). Which last leads one to fear a reskin from OSD........

• Like Like x 1
  22. MetrolinkF125#916

Judging by DTG’s way of business these days, ur probably right. At most two locos will be included in a pack, if they even do one, if not then they’ll probably pull off something similar to that of RRO/RSN, since all the dlc for these routes (upcoming or released) are separate and players have to buy each one separately. At most, we should probably expect 2 loco add ons for this route, which would be one mainline loco and one switcher, probably.

• Like Like x 1
  23. MetrolinkF125#916

But what I fear most is if they pull off something similar to the 1970’s pack for GWE, by including a GP38, GP9 (not high nose) and probably an SW series switcher, similar to the SW1000R, not exactly but still a reskin.

• Like Like x 1
  24. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I think the Diesel Legends pack provides a model for bringing a CSX pack to the Clinchfield reflecting a more recent era. I am quite enthusiastic about that prospect of CSX equipment, services, and scenarios along the route.

As for fears, mine is that the diesel horns will be wimpy.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

If it succeeds first is the question. Since the only problem that pack is gonna bring is just gonna have reused content (with 1 rebuilt and 2 reused loco/DMU). But with the only upside is the new feature. So best not to expect any CSX equipment on this line yet (except for scenario maker) unless you want to see some reused content from SPG (or anything CSX related) as a pack for this route.

• Like Like x 3
  26. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Yes, it does depend on this pack succeeding.

I fully expect that these packs will be selling new services, maybe some scenarios, and a timetable, but necessarily new DLC. The TSW equivalent of a scenario pack. That’s fine with me, but it will be interesting to see how well it does.

• Like Like x 2
  27. MetrolinkF125#916

Depends if DTG would be motivated to make a new timetable for the clinchfield reflecting the modern line used by CSX, and reuse the AC4400, GP38-2, and SD40-2, which I see no point in making. I think first DTG has to see how well the Diesel Legends pack will sell, but hopefully they don’t make the same mistake and reuse SPG content for the clinchfield route, I know not everyone has NTP or TVL but that only applies for British trains, as everyone that has TSW 2 now owns SPG by default. Hopefully they can include at least one new loco such as an ES44/ET44 or any SD70 locomotive, but they shall not reuse the other locos so I guess they should remake locos already seen in TS.

• Like Like x 1
  28. MetrolinkF125#916

Thou shan’t reuse da horns seen in outher routes, thou shall make new horns for every loco.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

The idea of creating new eras and timetables on existing routes is not bad at all. But Diesel Legends I'd say went a very wrong way. You need more interesting rolling stock than one reskin, one seen everywhere and one completely wrong. I think DL will be far from popular, but DTG shouldn't abandon the whole idea. If they put in more interesting rolling stock and change the route a bit (making some routes more suitable than others, also not a complete makeover), they can ask for a reasonably high price and still succeed. If they put CSX on Clinchfield, added SD70s, made the surroundings a bit more modern (probably not that difficult on a mainly forest route like Clinchfield), I'd be willing to put in something between the loco and route price. This way you could also make an older era on MSB or create the electrified version of Caltrain, etc. Just put in SOMETHING brand new and do SOMETHING with the scenery. No need for 50 new trains and a complete route overhaul for such a pack.

• Like Like x 3
  30. Crosstie

One day, in a galaxy far, far away, someone might be moved to model the famous Clinchfield Santa Train? ;);)

• Like Like x 2
  31. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I am pale with excitement. Still

• Like Like x 1
  32. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Honestly I would not mind seeing them included it with another engine, like if they did say a EMD pack which had that alongside something new like a high hood GP7 or NW2. Just like how the BR Heavy Freight includes the reskinned Class 08 alongside the Class 40, would be a nice way to expand a pack without putting in a ton of effort. Would agree that I would not get that it on its own though.

• Like Like x 1
  33. MetrolinkF125#916

Hmm, maybe, that person is not in a galaxy far far away, and u might be speaking to them right now, maybe.;)

• Like Like x 1
  34. MetrolinkF125#916

Yep, the fact that the DL pack doesn’t comply with any of this makes it a rip off for some ppl, of course not everyone has TVL or NTP or any of the dlc for the route but most ppl do. If they want to succeed in pulling something off like this, with a new timetable and loco pack and all, they will have to make at least one new train, and play with the scenery a bit, but not so much that they make a completely new route all together!;)

35. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  36. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Imagine how much DL would be improved just by the removal of OHLE. Not perfect, but better.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Blacknred81

Side thought, I know it probably wont happen on this route, but it would be nice if future historical routes got released with more fallen flag boxcars at least, so that there is some variety in the consists. (IE, this route with CRR could of also came with C&O, L&N and SCL boxcars to add variety to the route.) I know a few 3rd Party routes on TS21 did this (Wasatch Grade and Sacramento Northern at least with UP fallen flags).

• Like Like x 2
  38. Crosstie

DTG has released TS 20XX loco packs with fallen flags from UP, NS and B&O, just to name a few. If they can use CRR, I'm pretty sure they can use the other CSX flags you mentioned, including Conrail.

• Like Like x 1
  39. solicitr

Conrail is a bit problematical, because CSX only got a minority share. Norfolk Southern owns 60%.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Crosstie

Well, NS have licensed their fallen flags to DTG, Including Conrail, as I said.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  41. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

The only railroad which DTG doesn't seem to have fallen flag rights for is CN, seeing as they had to pull the B&LE because of it. There's packs which contain at least one bit of fallen flag stock for the others. Most obviously the UP & CSX have quite a few packs making use of their fallen flags, and although they can't be sold internationally the same is true for BNSF. While the NS fallen flags aren't as prevalent they do have the heritage scheme packs, and the SD45 has a N&W version, so they're in the clear as well. There's not a lot for CP in general, let alone fallen flags, but I'm pretty sure they own the Milwaukee Road brand, and that livery is included with the old GP9 pack, so I think they're also in the clear.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  42. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Even though, the only Conrail (and its predecessors, minus New Haven and PRR) livery in TS1 by Dovetail so far is part of NS's Heritage Packs (both SD70ACe and ES44AC). Just thought I point this out.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  43. Crosstie

Isn't it about time we had another article on CRR? It's been close to two weeks since the announcement and I think we're all anxious for some further information and a few of the promised screenshots.

• Like Like x 2
  44. Blacknred81

Maybe sometime next week once the roadmap moves foward I'm assuming.

Unless DTG has one planned for later this week.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Crosstie

Hope so. Just trying to egg them on. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  46. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Based on the general roadmap timeline, I would expect another roadmap to arrive on either march 9th or march 16th.
    But if you take a closer look at the latest roadmap we have, you will see that CRR is scheduled to release with the next patch/update after this thursday march 4th.
    But as always this is always subject to change, only time will tell however.

• Like Like x 3
  47. MetrolinkF125#916

Currently CRR is in the “Upcoming” section of the roadmap, meaning that it’s coming but probably not releasing before the next roadmap update. Things that will most likely be released before the next roadmap update will be placed in the “Next Arrival” section.

48. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

My bold guess would be 465 this Thursday, Diesel legends 11th March, CRR 18th March (25th max).

• Like Like x 2
  49. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

465 was confirmed last week that it will come out next Thursday

• Like Like x 1
  50. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I know, the guess was about the other two DLCs being very close.

• Like Like x 1