Br 403 And 406 Right Displays

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by doublefine7, Mar 1, 2021.

1. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Hello dear Developers and friends of riding fast white Trains in white DB Liveries.

There is an issue with the ICE trains in the game which are bugging me. And it is not necessarily a bug but a big issue in terms of realism. So here is the question: Would you drive a high speed trains without knowing about the state of your brakes? Yes? I wouldnt. And this is exactly what you are doing with both the BR 403 and the BR 406. But what exactly is the issue?

So most of you have noticed that the BR 403 and the 406 have screens left and right. On the left screen, you can see the Voltage, you can set the ZZA and so on. But what is going on on the right most screen? It is empty and you cant do anything with it.

Here is a picture of how it is shown in the game: 20210301164139_1.jpg

Here is a picture what that screen should show: s1mfd.png

This display shows the status of the brakes, if they are applied, where they are applied, how far they are apllied and also the pressures. But it is missing in TSW. Why is that? Is that a licensing issue? Or are DTG just missing reference material.

(Source of the screen is the Zusi 3).

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 22
  2. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

They are probably either missing the core tech or simply the time to implement the ebula system or any additional screen for that matter. They want to do it at some point, probably alongside a new German route as new tech, which could then potentially be retrofitted to older locos.

• Like Like x 2
  3. doublefine7

Did you read my post? That screen is NOT an Ebula screen. Ebula runs on Windows 98 or XP and the MFDs are train-related. Also, the ICEs do not feature dedicated Ebula screens, so this is not a valid excuse for not delivering them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mclitke

Chill brother. I knew that and that is why I wrote "or any other additional screen for that matter".
    They do not need to have an excuse for not delivering them since they never said they were included in the first place.
    Just be patient, sooner or later they will get to it :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. doublefine7

Ok, first I should apologize for my tone. I am sorry. It is just very irritating that a basic function of a train is missing. IRL the train wouldnt be allowed to move by itself if the driver cannot check the status of the brakes. Just saying.
    And in the end I just want an answer. If DTG says "we have no reference, licensing etc." then fine. I just want to know why the brake status display isnt implemented.

• Like Like x 2
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well it's odd that it's not on the train. You would think it would be implemented already. Hopefully in the future

• Like Like x 1
  7. box215

box215 Active Member

Very interesting
    Thanks for bringing attention to this
    Topic might be better off in the Technical Reports section (more likely to get a response from DTG)

• Like Like x 2
  8. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Empty displays are major immersion-breakers for me. Without this key function, you can't read any brake pressures and can't accurately determine how much brake force is applied or still being applied (without the HUD). It's a feature I do very much miss. Maybe it could be implemented in a future ICE dlc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

...and making these displays is a major making-this-DLC-at-all-breaker :) Do your choice...

• Like Like x 3
  10. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, it isn't really per-route, and that's the problem: it's per-loco, meaning that, say, the 143 will always have the RSN display, no matter where you run it.

I think DTG want to build a functioning EBuLa system, in the indefinite future, but that can't come before a complete dispatcher overhaul, and they can't even start to think about that until optimization is done.

• Like Like x 2
  12. tallboy7648

If the tech is there though it should be working. This is a sim after all

13. mclitke

But since the tech isn't there it is not working. Don't forget that you neet to have people working on implementing and setting that system up in the first place, which is basically the tech building process to my knowledge.
    And after that you need to enter all the functions and connections.

If I recall correctly, I heard on a stream once that the current monitors in use are basically emulated "main menu screens" adapted and compiled into the monitor frames, and apparently it is a very inefficient way of doing such screens. But I could be remembering something wrong here.

• Like Like x 1
  14. tallboy7648

Hopefully it will come soon. I think it should have came when hma came out

15. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I think you're underestimating what a gigantic project that "tech" will be.

16. mclitke

I mean, if we get one new feature per route as it has been as of late, chances are that such a system has been scheduled already for one of the upcoming german route dlc. But we wouldn't know until it was close to release...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021